Game Composer Seeking Project

Game Composer Seeking Project

Postby austinhaynesmusic » 17 May 2014, 02:19

Hi,

I’m the composer for an adventure game called Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller from Phoenix Online Studio which has won awards for the game and the music itself.

I am looking for some further work in other games and would love to see if I could contribute to your project.

Feel free to hear my demo reel: https://soundcloud.com/austinhaynes/music-reel-2014

You can also visit my website to learn more about me and contact me: www.austinhaynesmusic.com

All the best!

-Austin Haynes
austinhaynesmusic

Re: Game Composer Seeking Project

Postby charlie » 17 May 2014, 08:48

Moved to Art & Assets as this isn't a Project, just an offer for services.

Also it might help if you signal your willingness to work under open source licenses with your contributions as I expect that is what the majority of open source projects will be looking for.

You could upload a few samples to www.opengameart.org as that would also raise interest.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby austinhaynesmusic » 17 May 2014, 09:54

Thanks for moving my post in the correct location. Unfortunately, open source licensing for my music is not an option. I am a freelance composer work for hire.
austinhaynesmusic

Postby mdwh » 19 May 2014, 10:16

Note that Open Source doesn't necessarily mean working for free - what sometimes happens (and I've seen this on Open Game Art) is that an artist is paid to produce something by a developer, with the condition that the resultant work is made available under an Open licence (no different to any other work for hire really - it's normal for the person paying to own the rights, so they're then free to licence it as they like, including giving it away for others to use).
My open source games: Erebus RPG - Gigalomania
mdwh