Mech sketch

Mech sketch

Postby Julius » 08 Aug 2011, 16:41

Taking this out of the pimping thread ;)

did some more tweaking.

Attached you can find the obj (CC-By-SA or GPLv2+ licensed).

Some suggestions are welcome.

Ultimatly I would love to make a urban fighting mech game based on idTech4 once the source gets released, but with my track record of loosing interest I guess that is a pipe dream.

However to keep art requirements low, I would just create different load outs of this mech (e.g. different weapons... one with a big attilery cannon on the right shoulder for example etc.) and the cities would be post-nuclear/nuclear winter with a lot of snow, fog and so on to be able to build them rather quickly (but still nice looking).

Gameplay would be a bit like Hawken ( http://www.hawkengame.com/ ), but maybe adding a COOP modus and fighting against giant alien mechs (Evangelion style) would be awesome too ;)

But as I said... another pipedream of mine :x
Attachments
mechscetch_12.zip
(38.19 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.” - Philip K. Dick
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: Mech scetch

Postby charlie » 08 Aug 2011, 18:32

Failing that idTech4 game idea, this could be put to good use in LinWarrior! :)
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby hc » 08 Aug 2011, 21:55

> Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!

;)
github.com/hackcraft-de
hackcraft.de
hc
LW3D Moderator

Postby Julius » 09 Aug 2011, 01:13

it's not separated for easy animation yet (damn that too simple virtual mirror implementation in Wings3D)... and honestly... not a big fan of the game-play and art direction of Linwarrior. But sure if someone else wants to implement the mesh in that game no problem with me.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.” - Philip K. Dick
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby Julius » 12 Sep 2011, 15:33

Ha... I get distracted soo easily.

No idea if I will ever pick it up again... right now I am thinking about massively redesigning it to be an exosuit for a hot anime chick (aka evangelion meets infinite stratos).

P.S.: Yes I am a bit of an anime nerd also (but sadly most anime is crap).
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: Mech sketch

Postby charlie » 12 Sep 2011, 17:07

I fixed the spelling for you... (scetch->sketch)

Please don't forget it. It can be used in LinWarrior!
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby ZeroKnight » 28 Nov 2011, 18:46

Julius {l Wrote}: I would just create different load outs of this mech (e.g. different weapons... one with a big attilery cannon on the right shoulder for example etc.) and the cities would be post-nuclear/nuclear winter with a lot of snow, fog and so on

I instantly thought of Armored Core...heh. <3 I'd definitely play a game similar to Armored Core if this pipe dream of yours ever came to fruition ^_^

Julius {l Wrote}:P.S.: Yes I am a bit of an anime nerd also (but sadly most anime is crap).

Agreed...so very much agreed. Especially nowadays. But that's offtopic ^^"
[ Github ][ WazuClan -- irc.wazuclan.com #wazuclan ][ Zero's Archive of RE Extensions, Scripts, WeapMods & More! ]
ZeroKnight

Postby Julius » 18 Jan 2012, 23:57

doodle doodle... nothing will ever come out of this I fear :-/
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby cdxbow » 31 Aug 2012, 18:40

if you are a mek fan, with artistic skills or willing to be a tester then we would love to here from you. We are working on MekArcade and we are going to do a limited 0.4 release in a few months - you can check out the models at http://www.moddb.com/games/mekarcade.

Cheers
cdxbow

Postby Julius » 31 Aug 2012, 19:07

Ahh, I think this project was mentioned before somewhere... the newest video looks quite nice actually. I assume since it is a MOD for RedEclipse all the media will be licensed CC-By-SA too? Your website is suffering from horrible .jpg compression artifacts though ;)
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby quintux_v » 02 Sep 2012, 03:21

charlie {l Wrote}:this could be put to good use in LinWarrior!

I just started looking at LinWarrior, totally reminds me of Medabots... love it.
[eX] member
aliases: quintux_v | blakthunder
quintux_v

Postby leilei » 02 Sep 2012, 18:50

Needs more edgesplit IMO.
also you could separate the joints from each other so you don't deform a mech like it's a bending plastic toy
leilei

Postby Julius » 27 Jan 2013, 00:01

Finally a leg configuration I am starting to like. Really helps to take an longer break from a mesh to get a clearer picture of what you want with it.

I guess this could end up in MekArcade, or Linwarrior at some point. Looks way to big and heavy for what I had originally in mind anyways ;)
Julius
Community Moderator