Semi-transparent ghost or wireframe?

Semi-transparent ghost or wireframe?

Postby davidlee » 10 Aug 2018, 09:52

Hi, new to SR and really impressed by this game so far. Great game play in general and track creation is super fun. I'm having a problem with the ghost car feature though.

The ghost car in SR is completely opaque. When you just slow down a little bit compared to your PB or track record, the ghost will block most of the view. There seems to be no option to turn off ghost car in single race mode, or making it partly transparent.

Is there any existing option that I utilize to avoid the view blocking? If not, may I suggest:
A. Semi-transparent ghost cars with adjustable transparency value.
B. If semi-transparency won't be easy to implement in current rendering system, use a decimated wireframe to represent the car. Or maybe just a simple bounding box.
C. Just an option to turn off the ghost rendering all together. The mini map would still show the ghost cars.
MrKoala

davidlee

Re: Semi-transparent ghost or wireframe?

Postby CryHam » 10 Aug 2018, 19:57

davidlee {l Wrote}:There seems to be no option to turn off ghost car in single race mode,

But there is. Main menu - Replays - View [tab] - Show ghost drive [checkbox] and below it also for track's ghost.

davidlee {l Wrote}:Is there any existing option that I utilize to avoid the view blocking?

Surprisingly there is too. At bottom of View [tab] - Hide ghosts if distance is below [slider]. Just increase the value(s).

Didn't care for transparent ghost since some version. Too much trouble. Each car has other triangle count/density, glass issues, whatever. I liked real car ghost more too.
CryHam
SR Moderator