Caliditas (Card Game)

Caliditas (Card Game)

Postby Unnamed » 08 Jul 2018, 15:11

So I made a card game recently called Caliditas (that I should promote as revolutionary new take on the card game genre ;) ).
In this card game the key attribute is the temperature of the cards. Every creature has a temperature and can only attack and destroy weaker creatures of the opposite element. Therefore the temperature attribute serves as combined attack and defence value. There is a more complete explanation in-game.
The game was made with Godot. The repository is here: https://github.com/V-ktor/caliditas (MIT license :mit: )
ss13.jpg
cards
ss18.jpg
gameplay

I added a very simple networked multiplayer mode, but you have to enter the IP address of the other player. I guess it would be better to have a match making option and a lobby and so on. However, I have no experience with running a server and how to implement it. There's also the problem that it would require a proper data privacy notice and so on...
If someone is interested, I also require help with artwork and ideas for new cards.
Unnamed

Re: Caliditas (Card Game)

Postby Julius » 08 Jul 2018, 18:11

That looks pretty cool! Does it also work on Android?

For those wondering, precompiled released can be found here:
https://github.com/V-ktor/caliditas/releases
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete” - Buckminster Fuller
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: Caliditas (Card Game)

Postby Unnamed » 08 Jul 2018, 19:47

Julius {l Wrote}:That looks pretty cool! Does it also work on Android?

I haven't thought about Android. I don't see a problem there.
I just tried to get it running. Trying to deploy the game from editor failed (Godot simply prints 'failed' in terminal while installing to the device), exporting the game to android failed as well. I guess I set up the export settings wrong.
Unnamed