New Wings3D version and website

New Wings3D version and website

Postby Julius » 23 Jan 2011, 20:33

http://www.wings3d.com/

Just to give this awesome tool some heads-up... Blender seems to get all the attention, but for most modeling related tasks Wings3D is actually much superior to Blender (and Bmesh seems to be still a long way off).

So check it out, especially if you are new to 3D modeling, as it is also much easier to learn then Blender (even though it has gotten better with 2.5).
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: New Wings3D version and website

Postby jumico » 27 Jan 2011, 09:13

The new website looks much better than the old one. Even though its stupid I think an ugly website can turn people away from even trying a program.
jumico

Postby Crendgrim » 28 Jan 2011, 21:38

jumico: Indeed. Any old, ugly website (in the look of 1990 :p ) is really disappointing me. If I see an old site, I think "oh, this program isn't really in development since years. Else, they would update their site..."

Julius:
This sounds really interesting. I wonder why I didn't discover it yet. I'll have a look at it in some days :)
Hopefully, it's really not as complicated as blender. (Why are the best Open-Source-Graphic-Programs - The GIMP, Blender etc. - so powerful but complicated? :| )

Crend
Crendgrim

Postby Julius » 15 Mar 2019, 07:10

Just as a heads up, development of this has taken up speed again and they recently released a new version with much improved viewport rendering (PBR) and many other fixes.
Julius
Community Moderator