[Levelpack] Land of Boxes

[Levelpack] Land of Boxes

Postby Wuzzy » 24 Oct 2019, 02:38

Land of Boxes is a levelpack for the upcoming version 5.1 of Me and my Shadow.

This levelpack contains 25 levels, all of them with pushable blocks (boxes). This levelpack also features the new shadow box and shadow spikes in the upcoming version.

For version 5.0 of Me and My Shadow, I created Land of Boxes Demo. This is the same as Land of Boxes, but with all levels containing unsupported blocks (shadow boxes, shadow spikes) removed. This levelpack contains 19 levels. Only download this when you don't have v5.1 or the latest developer version of Me and My Shadow yet. I will probably remove Land of Boxes Demo when MnMS v5.1 is released.

Suggested description for the add-ons page (irrelevant if this levelpack makes it into the main game):
Push your way to victory! Utilize the pushable blocks to reach the exit.

License: CC0
Attachments
Land_of_Boxes_Demo.zip
Land of Boxes Demo (for MnMS v5.0)
(11.08 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Land_of_Boxes.zip
Land of Boxes (for MnMS v5.1)
(13.7 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
Last edited by Wuzzy on 28 Oct 2019, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.
Wuzzy

Re: [Levelpack] Land of Boxes

Postby acme_pjz » 24 Oct 2019, 04:09

Hi Wuzzy,

Thanks for your level pack! :) I'll try it then.

Does your level pack relies on the box crushing feature? I'm still not able to fix it now.
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Postby Wuzzy » 24 Oct 2019, 10:16

Yes, the box crushing feature is required, in the level “Crusher”. But only in the most basic way and I believe this aspect of box crushing works fine. I did not try to abuse a weird corner case which is not functional yet. This level is not used in the demo version.
Wuzzy

Postby acme_pjz » 27 Oct 2019, 16:57

Hi,

I plan to upload both versions to addons website. One is for 0.5.0 and another is for 0.5.1 (and I'll update the addon index file to "addons051").

Could you specify the license of your level pack?

irrelevant if this levelpack makes it into the main game

I'm not going to put new level packs to main game now, based on the past experience with Hosted Weblate: it took three months to add the translation component for the new level pack "Cooperation".

Maybe you should host your levels somewhere to accept translations. ProTip: There is a button in levelpack properties dialog to export messages.pot file.
acme_pjz

Postby Wuzzy » 28 Oct 2019, 01:35

No review of the levels? :(

License: CC0.

Can you please remove the demo when 0.5.1 is out? I don't want to contribute unneccessary clutter.
Wuzzy

Postby acme_pjz » 28 Oct 2019, 06:54

Wuzzy {l Wrote}:No review of the levels? :(

I'm still playing; they are quite challenging.

Wuzzy {l Wrote}:License: CC0.

Can you please remove the demo when 0.5.1 is out? I don't want to contribute unneccessary clutter.

OK. I'm uploading them to addons repository. Currently the https://github.com/acmepjz/meandmyshado ... r/addons05 contains the demo version of level,
and the https://github.com/acmepjz/meandmyshado ... /addons051 contains the full version of level.

They have the same name but different version number. Therefore if one is playing 0.5.0 and downloads this addon, later updated to 0.5.1, then the addon manager will notify that the level pack has an update. Is this OK for you?
acme_pjz

Postby Wuzzy » 29 Oct 2019, 03:15

Looks good to me.
Wuzzy

Postby Wuzzy » 12 Nov 2019, 08:37

I'm not going to put new level packs to main game now, based on the past experience with Hosted Weblate: it took three months to add the translation component for the new level pack "Cooperation".

Do you have to manually do a request for every single component that needs additional approval? Oh man, that sucks.

But, oh well, try to request a component now anyway (even if it's not yet in the official game). Maybe in the next year, it will get approved! :D If it is then added, the levelpack can be added into the game after-the-fact.
Wuzzy

Postby acme_pjz » 12 Nov 2019, 15:47

Wuzzy {l Wrote}:Do you have to manually do a request for every single component that needs additional approval? Oh man, that sucks.

Yes. I need to send an email to administrator of Hosted Weblate.

Wuzzy {l Wrote}:But, oh well, try to request a component now anyway (even if it's not yet in the official game). Maybe in the next year, it will get approved! :D If it is then added, the levelpack can be added into the game after-the-fact.

I don't think it will work in this way, since when requesting new component I need to provide the path to .pot file in the git repository, which means that I need to add the new levelpack to the game before requesting new component. :(
acme_pjz

Postby acme_pjz » 18 Nov 2019, 16:25

Wuzzy {l Wrote}:review of the levels

I'd like to say that your levels are definitely brilliant and challenging :)

Here is my records FYI:
Attachments
Land of Boxes.zip
(48.48 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
acme_pjz

Postby GunChleoc » 20 Jun 2020, 11:22

I have played a few until I got stuck and need a break to figure that one out :)

I found level 2 more difficult than level 3, maybe swap them?
GunChleoc

Postby Wuzzy » 20 Jun 2020, 14:55

Nah, I will keep the levelpack as-is. I'm happy with it.
Wuzzy