Account flags?

Account flags?

Postby eltomito » 09 Mar 2020, 22:46

When I started playing STK on my phone, I created a separate account for it, because it's way harder to play on the phone. I noticed FabianF did the same.
Also sometimes, I play drunk. So, I'm thinking of creating a drunk account for that, because you don't play so well when you're drunk.
Then imagine you're playing drunk on your phone...

So, is it total nonsense to add flags to accounts so that you can check: now I'm playing from my phone, now I'm playing from my phone and I'm wasted, so that your results are classified with respect to these influential circumstances? Like: phone, drunk... You know?
eltomito

Re: Account flags?

Postby jin » 10 Mar 2020, 00:00

lol, stk should be able to detect a phone platform and adds a mobile flag. We can mark different drunk level by the number of bears :D
jin

Postby dulsi » 10 Mar 2020, 00:06

Is STK really important enough for that? I've seen far more bad results from drunk texting and email. Maybe we should combat that first. :)
dulsi

Postby kimden » 10 Mar 2020, 01:38

When you drive, never drink Basically there's probably no way for STK server to determine whether you are drunk, or what's the degree of your drunkness, unless some drunkness-measuring devices are supported, lol. Operating system/probably device can be determined, so it's possible to indicate whether a player plays mobile. Aside from privacy issues, I have no idea how to 'classify' results fairly based on that, we already have some issues with normal ranking system and then drunk ranked is suggested :-)
And speaking seriously, imo ranked should stay a place for showing real skill, not something distorted

On an unrelated note, I hope you don't mind very much me asking a half-joking question like some other players do: 'Are you FabianF or someone else's alt?' :-)
I make servers, addons, online events, and many others things.
my page, my STK fork, my youtube channel
kimden

Postby eltomito » 10 Mar 2020, 13:44

kimden {l Wrote}:When you drive, never drink Basically there's probably no way for STK server to determine whether you are drunk, or what's the degree of your drunkness,

It didn't even occur to me it could be automatic. I imagined that I'd tick a checkbox like drunk, after a head injury, on phone, etc. and STK would automatically log into the appropriate account, e.g. woosh-phone or woosh-braindamaged, etc.

kimden {l Wrote}: And speaking seriously, imo ranked should stay a place for showing real skill, not something distorted

Agreed.
kimden {l Wrote}:On an unrelated note, I hope you don't mind very much me asking a half-joking question like some other players do: 'Are you FabianF or someone else's alt?' :-)

I'm FabianF's drunk account! It surprises even myself how well I race my two accounts - woosh and FabianF - against each other :)

I thought that FabianF = AntonioP
eltomito

Postby kimden » 10 Mar 2020, 15:29

Well, you should keep drunkness level not so big to be able to tick a checkbox lol
Actually I can make a server command that plays like a checkbox, and then server can probably tell everyone the player's state (not sure about that, but probably I cannot make it fully because I obviously cannot access client STK apps). Not sure about the usefulness though, you can tell everyone 'I'm now drunk' hehe

Oh no, FabianF seems to own many accounts even here! Actually AntonioP isn't him, there are... Would be better to tell that on a server lol
kimden

Postby Alayan » 12 Mar 2020, 05:01

The mobile phone account is alright. As you use it on a different device, each device will keep in memory the proper account to connect with, so you'll use the mobile account with your phone, and the normal account on your desktop or laptop.

But adding code to support easy switching between two accounts for when you're drunk or wasted ? No... Extremely niche, add more code, more potential for bugs (we have enough of those already). And if you take products that damage your health, you have bigger issues than losing ranking points when not in your normal state.
Alayan
STK Moderator

Postby eltomito » 12 Mar 2020, 09:02

eltomito {l Wrote}:So, is it total nonsense to add flags to accounts so that you can check: now I'm playing from my phone, now I'm playing from my phone and I'm wasted, so that your results are classified with respect to these influential circumstances?

I'm sorry, the original question was a joke and the answer to it was supposed to be "Yes".
eltomito

Postby tempAnon093 » 12 Mar 2020, 21:07

eltomito {l Wrote}:I'm sorry, the original question was a joke and the answer to it was supposed to be "Yes".

lol, sober eltomito is back! :D
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby FabianF » 10 Jun 2020, 10:06

Benau removed my post :-(
So I'm going to say it "friendlier" even if I don't understand what was unfriendly before.
Alayan said here mobile accounts were okay. It seems like this is the wrong answer though. The ranking of my mobile account got resetted several times. Why, you may ask. The reason is that there is only "one account per player" allowed. I and others asked several times to put this in the rules because I really don't understand how I am supposed to know this. After I was ranking-resetted, I kept spectating (by using the /spectate 1 command) on Ranked and got -1000 for my main account because of this. I tried to understand why and asked Benau quite often, but I unfortunately didn't get any meaningful answer. Maybe Alayan should write about this topic here when he has time OR BENAU FINALLY EXPLAINS.
FabianF

Postby eltomito » 10 Jun 2020, 18:04

I have a mobile account too. I don't really use it, because I don't have time to race these days but it made sense to me, because racing on the phone was a lot harder than on the computer. So, is it okay to have a second mobile account?
I think it should be.
eltomito

Postby benau » 10 Jun 2020, 18:15

it becomes bad when player uses the 2nd account to cheat for ranking, so bascially you can use mobile account, but if you cheat then ranking reset
benau
STK Moderator

Postby FabianF » 10 Jun 2020, 21:22

I never used it for any kind of cheating since I started playing serious races with it. So this does not make any sense.
FabianF

Postby FabianF » 10 Jun 2020, 21:33

Anyway Benau told (not only me!) more than once that ranking is per-player, so you contradict yourself.
FabianF

Postby eltomito » 10 Jun 2020, 22:27

It seems to me this needs some more thought. You know, how to recognize cheating, etc. It may not be as important now but once STK becomes an e-sport where billions and billions of billions of dollars are at stake...
eltomito

Postby benau » 11 Jun 2020, 01:27

you exploited the ranking system, and your bad behaviour annoying too many players already (some even quit playing stk)

I have to shutdown ranked servers once because of you (a stk fans told me that he is so sick of you "farming" ranking points)

you dont even mentioned you fake benau and use my name in game

The next time you annoy me i will remove and ban you completely
benau
STK Moderator

Postby FabianF » 11 Jun 2020, 06:33

I'll answer this in Discord because I feel like it's better to not have this discussion here.
FabianF

Postby kimden » 12 Feb 2021, 23:48

eltomito {l Wrote}:Like: phone, drunk... You know?

Like this? :D

currently only I can set this but I'll consider making the status changeable to some fixed subset if someone asks me :D
kimden

Postby eltomito » 15 Feb 2021, 00:04

kimden {l Wrote}:
eltomito {l Wrote}:Like: phone, drunk... You know?

Like this? :D

currently only I can set this but I'll consider making the status changeable to some fixed subset if someone asks me :D

LOL but please don't, kids are playing this too :D
eltomito