Graphics On Android

Graphics On Android

Postby Maximiliano Fonseca » 27 Apr 2020, 01:25

Hello

Is there a way to play STK on Android with graphics without slowing down the game?
Maximiliano Fonseca

Re: Graphics On Android

Postby benau » 27 Apr 2020, 01:41

deve (one of our devs) has the scale rtt factor which may help later
benau
STK Moderator

Postby benau » 27 Apr 2020, 03:30

lol deve replied you already! Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE4YeNHLMe

FoxyMax57
3 months ago
Spanish: Una pregunta, como es que juegas STK en Android con los gráficos tan altos sin que se te vaya lento?
deveee
3 months ago (edited)
I used lower resolution, but it's not available in options. You have to find "config.xml" file, which can be found somewhere in /sdcard/Android/data/org.supertuxkart.stk/files/supertuxkart/home. In this file there is "scale_rtts_factor" parameter and it can be set to lower value. In the video it was set to 0.5. Maybe a bit higher value would be ok too. But you need reasonably good phone anyway.
benau
STK Moderator

Postby forum » 17 May 2020, 11:51

Hello!

For STK beta running on fire tv, this is the path:

/sdcard/Android/data/org.supertuxkart.stk_beta/files/supertuxkart-beta/home/supertuxkart/config-0.10/config.xml

I see that the resolution can be adjusted there, too, which is not possible on the fire tv, because there is only one setting (1920x1080 in my case).

Editing the config.xml file can be easily accomplished with Total Commander, which is also available on the Amazon Store and can thus be directly installed from the fire tv.

I have yet to test the impact of changing the scale_rtts_factor.
Best regards, 7wells
forum