Some news

Some news

Postby stked » 07 Dec 2009, 16:58

Hi all,

Just for the record:
1. The-one-who-notices is no more.
2. The Irrlicht Track Texture Conversion Pack is almost done (saves space on your hard drive and makes porting tracks slightly easier).
3. A Fedora games admin is thinking about packaging the SVN repo for rawhide.
4. STKed 0.0.5 will include better tires and more models (I need ideas).
5. I am going to be working on an addon pack for STK 0.7 :D
stked

Re: Some news

Postby charlie » 07 Dec 2009, 18:33

Glad to see you making progress. Keep up the good work!
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby stked » 07 Dec 2009, 22:13

More news:

By saving up Webs Credits I have been allowed 100 extra MBs of web storage and I need packagers for STKed on Mac and Linux. Any volunteers? Youwill have to wait for 0.0.5, however. :?
stked

Postby hiker » 10 Dec 2009, 03:23

Hi,

a few questions:
2. The Irrlicht Track Texture Conversion Pack is almost done (saves space on your hard drive and makes porting tracks slightly easier).

What is this exactly? If you are just converting all rgb textures to png/jpg: what format do you use, and why?

I don't understand this - someone wants to package the SVN repo into Fedora??? And what repo are you talking of - if it's STK by itself then I certainly will strongly object to anyone packaging an SVN version of STK - if this is what this sentence should mean.

If you are talking of your stk-editor: have you started a new project for this on soureforge as I've asked you? It would really make sense to do this and move the stked-part of our SVN repository into this new svn repository.

I wouldn't start with this - the file formats are still changing.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby stked » 10 Dec 2009, 22:23

hiker {l Wrote}:Hi,

a few questions:

What is this exactly? If you are just converting all rgb textures to png/jpg: what format do you use, and why?

I use .png beacause I like t\this format and I want to be consistent (is this bad?)

I don't understand this - someone wants to package the SVN repo into Fedora??? And what repo are you talking of - if it's STK by itself then I certainly will strongly object to anyone packaging an SVN version of STK - if this is what this sentence should mean.

Yes, that is what it means. However, this is rawhide the strictly development repo.
If you are talking of your stk-editor: have you started a new project for this on soureforge as I've asked you? It would really make sense to do this and move the stked-part of our SVN repository into this new svn repository.

You were kind of confusing me with your previous request, but I get it now. 0.0.5 is nearly finished.

I wouldn't start with this - the file formats are still changing.

OK, I'll still make one, but not publicly available.
Gaming with Netbooks blog
gamingwithnetbooks.blogspot.com

STK editor website
stked.webs.com
stked

Postby charlie » 14 Dec 2009, 15:26

You need to post links / info about stked. Perhaps rename the thread to 'stked updates' and make the first post an info/about.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

STKed Updates

Postby stked » 14 Dec 2009, 16:49

Hi all,

I have partially moved my site to sourceforge.net (stked.sourceforge.net, though it has almost nothing done), in order to create an SVN repository. Hiker will be of huge help for this. In it will be 0.0.4 (main), a devel folder, and a 'bugbuster' directory (very useful for me). The bugbuster folder is for you to download and fix a major bug in the source.

0.0.5 will bring new models, improved English, and a brand new color scheme(Yay). Also, there has been some minor code cleanup.

STK editor website
stked.webs.com
stked

Postby stked » 17 Dec 2009, 16:49

Hi all,

In order for me to prepare for my big move to Nevada, I'm going to "Disappear" until the 27th.

STK editor website
stked.webs.com
stked