Should I help port the Blender scripts to 2.80 and later?

Should I help port the Blender scripts to 2.80 and later?

Postby Worldblender » 09 Nov 2019, 07:19

Since the end of July, Blender 2.80 has been released. I really want to take advantage of the new features and improvements that have appeared in the release, but the STK exporter scripts seem to not have been updated for it. I have the Smash Ultimate fighter karts that I really would like to redo without sacrificing material and shader enhancements, but I'm actually waiting until all of the DLC characters have been released. More DLC characters will be released after Q1 2020, so I may not resume this project until well into mid 2020 or 2021, depending on how many more will ultimately be released (they've all been decided by Nintendo, so all I can do is wait until each of them are announced). However, the additional characters that will be released means more variety for the karts that I will eventually produce.

With my skills developed in creating one of my Blender scripts, shall I use them to help port the existing STK scripts so that they can be used with Blender 2.80 and later? I will want to create a version of these scripts that can still be used with Blender 2.79 and older, for backwards compatibility for the time being.
Worldblender

Re: Should I help port the Blender scripts to 2.80 and later

Postby benau » 09 Nov 2019, 10:28

Maybe you can continue where sam left off https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-blender
benau
STK Moderator

Postby Alayan » 09 Nov 2019, 14:38

We've no recent news of samuncle, so continuing and finishing his work to update the blender scripts for 2.80 would be appreciated.
Alayan
STK Moderator

Postby benau » 10 Nov 2019, 09:53

Btw worldblender your addon tracks are featured in our ranked servers and much played like the official one!

They seem to like high in the sky the most!

https://streamable.com/ssnxx
benau
STK Moderator