Like, really...

Like, really...

Postby eltomito » 11 Oct 2019, 01:32

I played some online races with addons today and I would really love the Green Valley track to be added back in the main game. I understand that Black Forest replaced it because it's more beautiful but a) Black Forest lags for me and many other people with shitty computers and b) Green Valley has something special. It's fantastic in a way that cannot be described in words, it's just friggin great. It's a masterpiece like Marc Chagal's paintings. You'd think they're just dumb paintings of angels but for some reason, they're really great. and so is Green Valley.

Also, The Lost Chasm. Add that to the main STK tracks! It's so well designed, interesting to play, challenging, inventive and beautiful at the same time. Add it to STK main, plz!

OKay, yeah. I love STK, I procrastinate on it a lot, if it gets any worse, i'll seek professional help. *)

*) in a store that sells computers, because mine is kinda slow :D
eltomito

Re: Like, really...

Postby benau » 11 Oct 2019, 01:42

maybe we can have some 'recommend addons' available in those servers lol
benau
STK Moderator

Postby theodorepringle » 11 Oct 2019, 12:17

I think that Green Valley should be in the main game instead of Minigolf.
theodorepringle

Postby Wuzzy » 11 Oct 2019, 16:06

The Lost Chasm really needs to be official. See also: https://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic ... 17&t=11635

And yeah, I also like to have the Green Valley back. Green Vallay and Black Forest are very very different.

I agree, a list of “must-have” addons for servers would be useful. And Lost Chasm would be at the top, that's for sure.

I would NOT remove Minigolf, this would be a REALLY terrible decision.
Wuzzy

Postby eltomito » 12 Oct 2019, 14:38

I used to hate Mini Golf but I kind of like it now. And I'm actually glad it's in the main game, because it's very different than any other track. It's very frantic and messy in online races and involves a lot of braking (or at least taking your finger off the gas) which is unusual. Actually, the only other time I ever slow down as a necessity to drive a STK track is in the tower in XR591.
eltomito

Postby tempAnon093 » 14 Oct 2019, 06:59

eltomito {l Wrote}:Actually, the only other time I ever slow down as a necessity to drive a STK track is in the tower in XR591.

For me, it's that one nasty 90­° corner early in STK Enterprise.
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby eltomito » 14 Oct 2019, 12:11

tempAnon093 {l Wrote}:
eltomito {l Wrote}:Actually, the only other time I ever slow down as a necessity to drive a STK track is in the tower in XR591.

For me, it's that one nasty 90­° corner early in STK Enterprise.

Actaully, you're right! At the exist from the first tunnel after the start of the race, I also slow down a little, so that I don't crash into the side of the big pool or whatever that thing is.
eltomito

Postby Andet » 14 Oct 2019, 17:09

I'll re-post Alayan's thread about future tracks because I think it's relevant here: https://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic ... 18&t=11580

I agree that Green Valley should return but I think that Black Forest should stay. It doesn't have to be as slow as it is (look at the add-on version for example). I don't know the details on there was some discussion that Black Forest could be made faster in the future (something about the trees not being a single mesh? Idk)

And I agree with Theodore that Minigolf could be the track that is replaced. If someone wants to revamp it, though, then I could see it staying (upscale it, smooth out the geometry, etc.).

I could also see Lost Chasm being an official track. I think the best candidate would be Canyon 42, however.
Andet

Postby eltomito » 14 Oct 2019, 20:46

Andet {l Wrote}:I agree that Green Valley should return

Yay!
Andet {l Wrote}:but I think that Black Forest should stay. It doesn't have to be as slow as it is (look at the add-on version for example). I don't know the details on there was some discussion that Black Forest could be made faster in the future (something about the trees not being a single mesh? Idk)

Don't get me wrong, I like Black Forest a lot, it's beautiful and inventive. Making it faster? Thumbs up!

Andet {l Wrote}:I could also see Lost Chasm being an official track. I think the best candidate would be Canyon 42, however.

I'd be rooting for the Lost Chasm, because it's more challenging but I understand that Canyon 42 makes a better beginner track. There'also Coyote Canyon, btw, which is fun to drive...
eltomito

Postby Galaxysaurier » 14 Oct 2019, 22:41

I wouldn't mind to see replaced Zengarten but certainly not Minigolf, which is one of my favourites.
Galaxysaurier

Postby Alayan » 18 Oct 2019, 11:25

There are two main elements to include a track in the main STK package, and that is graphical quality and good gameplay.

Green Valley is too poor visually to be included back as is. The gameplay is interesting, so if it is revamped to look good it could go back into the game.
Alayan
STK Moderator