Edited Gnu Icon

Edited Gnu Icon

Postby DoggoOfSpeed » 01 Oct 2019, 16:17

So I edited the gnu icon. It's beard really irritated me. So I edited it to have a better (in my opinion) beard. (Added a gradient too)
Attachments
Old Icon.png
Old Icon.png (6.86 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
New Icon.png
New Icon.png (8.39 KiB) Viewed 3031 times
Fast as frick boi
DoggoOfSpeed

Re: Edited Gnu Icon

Postby tempAnon093 » 02 Oct 2019, 11:27

I prefer your new version! I think that the outline of the beard would look nicer either anti-aliased and *maybe* thicker or removed. Also I think the beard would look even better if it were a little bit brighter (like the original)

On a slightly related point, is anyone else annoyed by the white background on the video camera icon (the third one, for me at least) when loading the game? I might go ahead and create a version without the background if you all agree.
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby DoggoOfSpeed » 03 Oct 2019, 12:24

tempAnon093 {l Wrote}:I prefer your new version! I think that the outline of the beard would look nicer either anti-aliased and *maybe* thicker or removed. Also I think the beard would look even better if it were a little bit brighter (like the original)

On a slightly related point, is anyone else annoyed by the white background on the video camera icon (the third one, for me at least) when loading the game? I might go ahead and create a version without the background if you all agree.

Yeah. So I know that the feathered edges were kinda needed there since there is a lot of detail. While I was feathering the edges I removed the outline too, since it really ruined the look. The color of the beard is fine ngl. If I were to make it lighter, it would be harder to distinguish between it and the background. Also, the video camera Icon is fine as it is, you see it is in settings, and all the other icons in settings have a background too. So I think the best way to fix it would be to remove it from the loading animation entirely. :)
Attachments
New new Icon.png
Hopefully This Is better
New new Icon.png (8.77 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
Fast as frick boi
DoggoOfSpeed

Postby freemedia2018 » 03 Oct 2019, 17:18

I like the new one.

If I'd drawn the original, the beard would be hanging down rather than stubble all around the face. Though even the original is clever in a way.
freemedia2018