Thank you!!

Thank you!!

Postby Egg42 » 20 May 2019, 21:48

Hi
As for each release, it is nice to see the game evolve!!
I play since at least 5 years (maybe 8), and it is crazy to see how the game get better and better!!
It is also magical to play with people on the internet, really another type of fun.
I know it represents a lot of work from the developing team for years, and I just wanted to say it is appreciated :heart: :heart: !!

Thanks to anyone that is or have been involved in this game!

Egg
Egg42

Re: Thank you!!

Postby fluffrabbit » 21 May 2019, 04:38

So much love for this, and I can't understand why.
fluffrabbit

Postby tempAnon093 » 21 May 2019, 10:28

fluffrabbit {l Wrote}:So much love for this, and I can't understand why.

I find it is a very fun game to play. I enjoy kart driving games, I always have.
I do not need to buy a console to play it, I can play it on all the OSs I use and I should never be advertised, tracked, monetised or otherwise used by the game. I can even audit and modify it. I have even created tracks!
It can play online multiplayer in real-time and it works well with the permanent lag I experience.

You can say that many of these points are the same for many other FOSS games and that is true. I wonder how many driving games that applies to? How many karting games? I can't think of any others.

If you simply can't see the value and merit in this game, then another reason for all the love is that it is a long-lasting classic on Linux-based operating systems. I've been able to find real-life friends in my city who remember playing TuxKart a decade ago. Many of them are excited to learn there is still development being done on the TuxKart series.
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby annopnod » 21 May 2019, 13:16

fluffrabbit {l Wrote}:So much love for this, and I can't understand why.

meaning Satisfied stk.stk continuous development.

I think it should be advertised for non profit. vision "best free racing game".
and electronic sports help promote stk or install stk at Computer Manufacturers
annopnod

Postby fluffrabbit » 21 May 2019, 23:24

If we're talking nostalgia, the only OEM Linux racing game I remember is Tux Racer from those old 1st generation netbooks. A family member had one and I got to experience Linux gaming in all its glory. I understood the political nuance of using free software mascots as game characters, but to everyone else it was just a game, no different from something you would find on PlayStation. The graphics weren't bad either.

Beyond that, most people I know have never heard of Linux; Windows gaming only. But I am in America. Things could be different in other corners of the world.
fluffrabbit