Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Random Paradox » 07 Jan 2019, 04:01

Hi, I'm Joe. AKA Random Paradox.
Completer of the Ling Ling Workout.
Random Paradox

Postby RichardMcCombs » 13 Jan 2019, 17:46

I'm Richard McCombs from Los Angeles, California, USA. I've been into development for a long time.
RichardMcCombs

Postby CaielonCoder » 16 Jan 2019, 23:11

Hello everyone. I'm CaielonCoder.
I'm game developer in a small company. I'm love free software and I joined with the desire to contribute to this great project. :)
Greetings.
CaielonCoder

Postby programmerjake » 19 Jan 2019, 00:08

I'm Jacob Lifshay.

I am creating an open source Vulkan driver: https://salsa.debian.org/Kazan-team/kazan
I am also working on an open source RISC-V GPU: https://www.crowdsupply.com/libre-risc-v/m-class
programmerjake

Postby cynicfm » 19 Jan 2019, 23:10

I am 24 years old guy who migrated from windows last year to get into open source games ;)
Been using Linux for over an year now, and i also enjoy community and wanna stop playing games that are about killing.
Thanks ;)
cynicfm

Postby RobertRichards » 23 Jan 2019, 12:24

Hello Everybody,

I am Robert Richards, a newbie to this forum. Thanks to accepting me as a new member in this community. I am a game developer. All I need is your cooperation and support.

RobertRichards

Postby vooranbola188 » 27 Jan 2019, 21:10

Hello, Nice too meet you
vooranbola188

Postby NoNameAtAll » 07 Feb 2019, 21:58

Hi, I'm Stefan from Germany. I've been playing STK for many years and I really was waiting for the network races! Great work!!
Thank you!
NoNameAtAll

Postby Holka » 11 Feb 2019, 17:23

Hello! I am new here, I want to understand the development of games, I hope it will be a great experience!
Holka

Postby SekiBoroda » 11 Feb 2019, 17:28

Hello everyone, guys, my name is Brian and I develop small mobile apps, glad to be here, with you and I hope to share everything I know with you;)
SekiBoroda

Postby dulsi » 12 Feb 2019, 03:02

One of the talks I attended at BostonFIG Talks was about community building. I'm going to try to take that to heart and try to encourage people more. Welcome everyone. I've gone back a couple to post to respond to some of the new members. If I didn't respond to yours I'm sorry. Feel free to post again or post to another thread like my thread on demakes.

CaielonCoder {l Wrote}:Hello everyone. I'm CaielonCoder.
I'm game developer in a small company. I'm love free software and I joined with the desire to contribute to this great project. :)

Welcome CaielonCoder. Does your company do any open source software or is that a personal love? Any open source projects you want to contribute to? Thinking of starting your own? Or just here to talk about free software games?

programmerjake {l Wrote}:I'm Jacob Lifshay.

I am creating an open source Vulkan driver: https://salsa.debian.org/Kazan-team/kazan
I am also working on an open source RISC-V GPU: https://www.crowdsupply.com/libre-risc-v/m-class

Welcome Jacob. I'm a software guy myself. Although for some odd reason I keep looking at small portable game devices.

cynicfm {l Wrote}:I am 24 years old guy who migrated from windows last year to get into open source games ;)
Been using Linux for over an year now, and i also enjoy community and wanna stop playing games that are about killing.

Welcome cynicfm. What kind of games do you like? Maybe we can recommend some open source games.

RobertRichards {l Wrote}:Hello Everybody,

I am Robert Richards, a newbie to this forum. Thanks to accepting me as a new member in this community. I am a game developer. All I need is your cooperation and support.

Wecome Robert. What are you currently working on? What challenges have you faced?

vooranbola188 {l Wrote}:Hello, Nice too meet you

Welcome vooranbola188. What brings you to our neck of the woods? Are you playing or developing any open source games?
dulsi

Postby Avalley » 14 Feb 2019, 19:11

Hello humans. I'm Avalley. I'm here to submit designs for Supertux, and also some music :)
Avalley

Postby dlewan » 16 Feb 2019, 17:23

Hi, all, my nickname is dlewan, but my first name's Doug. (You may be able to guess my last name.) I've been a user of GNU software since nearly when GNU was created. I've used GNU/Linux almost exclusively for over 20 years. The variety and quality has always astonished me. I'm glad that there are now so many open source games as well.
dlewan

Postby FinixFighter » 26 Feb 2019, 23:12

Hi! I'm luca from Italy! I like SuperTuxKart so much and I think it has so much potential! I hope I'll be able to give some help with new ideas or with developing (maybe in the future, I'm learning programming right now) :D
FinixFighter

Postby dulsi » 27 Feb 2019, 13:57

Avalley {l Wrote}:Hello humans. I'm Avalley. I'm here to submit designs for Supertux, and also some music :)

Welcome Avalley. I don't participate in the Supertux forums but hopefully you have a good time here. If you do music you might want to check out https://opengameart.org. You can upload your music under an open license to allow others to use your content in games. I've used some music from there in Troll Bridge.

dlewan {l Wrote}:Hi, all, my nickname is dlewan, but my first name's Doug. (You may be able to guess my last name.) I've been a user of GNU software since nearly when GNU was created. I've used GNU/Linux almost exclusively for over 20 years. The variety and quality has always astonished me. I'm glad that there are now so many open source games as well.

Good to meet you Doug. Are you content to be a user of open source software or are you interested (or already doing) development?

FinixFighter {l Wrote}:Hi! I'm luca from Italy! I like SuperTuxKart so much and I think it has so much potential! I hope I'll be able to give some help with new ideas or with developing (maybe in the future, I'm learning programming right now) :D

Hi luca. Hmm... SuperTuxKart supports split screen. I did not know that. I will have to try that.
dulsi

Postby dasagrivamanu » 27 Feb 2019, 17:23

Hello all,

I'm good at C and Python, also started learning machine learning.
Hope to learn more from here.

Thanks
dasagrivamanu

Postby lm » 28 Feb 2019, 14:49

I'm an experienced C/C++ programmer. Have participated in a variety of Open Source projects. I've also done a lot of cross-platform software porting. Have patched several Open Source games to fix memory issues, clean-up bugs and improve portability across platforms including Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Android.
lm

Postby dulsi » 01 Mar 2019, 15:18

dasagrivamanu {l Wrote}:I'm good at C and Python, also started learning machine learning.
Hope to learn more from here.

Welcome. I thought machine learning was to negate the need for us to learn. :) Are you interested in working on existing games, creating new ones or just playing them?

lm {l Wrote}:I'm an experienced C/C++ programmer. Have participated in a variety of Open Source projects. I've also done a lot of cross-platform software porting. Have patched several Open Source games to fix memory issues, clean-up bugs and improve portability across platforms including Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Android.

What open source games have you fixed up? Any your recommend?
dulsi

Postby divVerent » 04 Mar 2019, 16:31

I'm divVerent, who worked on the games Nexuiz (and later Xonotic) before (both on game code and engine side), and more recently did more "internally" stuff like xsecurelock. Also I like doing crazy stuff like the Xonotic Bot Orchestra and eCantorix (espeak-based music synthesis, Vocaloid-style).
divVerent

Postby lm » 04 Mar 2019, 19:50

Some of my favorite Open Source games are listed here: https://lmemsm.dreamwidth.org/8013.html Some of my patches have made it back into the original projects I've worked on. Some projects aren't under active development or the developers aren't interested in patches. I've uploaded some of those patches to the Internet, but, in many cases, I'm still in the process of debugging and uploading modifications.
lm

Postby dulsi » 04 Mar 2019, 21:03

lm {l Wrote}:Some of my favorite Open Source games are listed here: https://lmemsm.dreamwidth.org/8013.html Some of my patches have made it back into the original projects I've worked on. Some projects aren't under active development or the developers aren't interested in patches. I've uploaded some of those patches to the Internet, but, in many cases, I'm still in the process of debugging and uploading modifications.

Interesting list. Not games I'm generally interested in. If the game isn't under active development, you could always take up maintaining it. I did that with Ostrich Riders which didn't compile with the current SFML when I looked at it.
dulsi

Postby TimzUneeverse » 06 Mar 2019, 03:47

Hello, I'm TimzUneeverse. I'm from Vancouver, WA.
TimzUneeverse

Postby Eldy » 14 Mar 2019, 13:39

Hello, I'm Eldy from France.

I have some skills in C++, Python, Lua, as well as the games engines Löve2D and Unity.
Eldy

Postby space88 » 14 Mar 2019, 16:22

Hi , everyone
space88

Postby dulsi » 15 Mar 2019, 18:33

TimzUneeverse {l Wrote}:Hello, I'm TimzUneeverse. I'm from Vancouver, WA.

Welcome Timz. Any games you are currently developing or interested in developing?

Eldy {l Wrote}:Hello, I'm Eldy from France.

I have some skills in C++, Python, Lua, as well as the games engines Löve2D and Unity.

Not much interest for Unity here given it's closed source. I've thought of trying Love2D but haven't had the chance. Have you released any open source games? Anything you are interested in developing?
dulsi