[level] Tux dies to everything twice twice two

[level] Tux dies to everything twice twice two

Postby divVerent » 07 Mar 2019, 04:20

I made a troll level for SuperTux 0.6.0, in form of a Super Mario Maker parody.

Difficulty: medium to high (requires one Mr Ice Block kaizo-style jump and one very narrow jump).

Otherwise: this is a troll level in the style of Super Mario Maker troll levels. It will be very frustrating to play, especially due to lots of misdirection in there (to keep the trolling ethical, I used no scripts, exclusively core SuperTux mechanics). Take your time :)

However, there is more than one checkpoint to save your progress, so rest assured...

Download as SuperTux addon at https://github.com/divVerent/divTrololo/releases

Trailer: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=u-twe6-E4Fw

Screenshots:

Best played with high magnification, but not necessary (the trolls don't break if you play at normal or even minimum scale).
divVerent

Re: [level] Tux dies to everything twice twice two

Postby DevonST » 07 Mar 2019, 18:08

Someone needs to play this level in a stream! I literately fall for every troll but mostly just trolled myself… The last CP1 was brilliant! Also, I found delicious cheese: https://youtu.be/TjVzqGIKP4s
I made a worldmap, see “Puzzles or Platforms?
DevonST

Postby divVerent » 07 Mar 2019, 22:27

Well done, congratulations. I was thinking of how to use the "carry a spring through doors" bug... but didn't see this one coming.

Fixed, though ;) together with a text block crediting you for finding it.
divVerent

Postby manuel » 08 Mar 2019, 10:12

Well done :shock: !
I did so rarely get the first jump that I didn't even come close to the goal.

And I don't think the "carry a spring through doors" is a bug -- or at least it should be a feature.
manuel

Postby divVerent » 08 Mar 2019, 12:31

Yeah, I see it as a bug that you cannot carry across sectors, but that the spring weirdly floats back to you if you go back to the original sector.

I agree bringing it with you should be turned into a real feature. Because of the bug I hadn't thought of even trying this on doors within the same sector - and also, this specific spring is actually quite hard to get.

As for the first jump, what I do is to stand about 1.2 tiles away from the wall, jump up and at the highest point of the jump I release Mr Ice Block. It does seem somewhat harder than in SMW but maybe I am just not really used to it.
divVerent

Postby sinisa3games » 08 Mar 2019, 20:53

honestly mr ice block jumps are harder in the earlier super tux versions
'Ello
sinisa3games

Postby divVerent » 15 Mar 2019, 21:47

I can confirm that BTW. I had tried this a few years ago on a previous version and could hardly get even one Mr Ice Block jump done. Now I can do them about 25%.
divVerent