Problem with track exporting : Into Dreams

Problem with track exporting : Into Dreams

Postby david herrera » 11 Jan 2019, 17:31

I have a problem exporting this track, is a homemade track and i need help, because i tried all options with no success, i have blender 2.66 with updated addons.

Screenshot (104).png

the track
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QdOmeNaYbMv2h2pbAYQAnIeFBDXA5DVu

may you help me? :heart:
Last edited by david herrera on 01 Feb 2019, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
I'm here again!, My english is ok::: I should work on it more :)
david herrera

Re: Problem with track exporting

Postby QwertyChouskie » 11 Jan 2019, 23:19

I suspect the issue is the very old version of Blender. Can you update it (latest is 2.79b) and try again?
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Re: Problem with track exporting

Postby Mr.XX99 » 12 Jan 2019, 14:20

Hey what I could see so far from this track this could get really great :)

I would also suggest using the latest blender (2.79b) but don't use 2.8 yet when it is released because it is currently incompatible.
With Blender 2.79b I could export the track without an error (only a warning about not activated checklines, I guess at this point they are missing completely).

But when I wanted to start it STK crahes with the error message: DriveGraph: Fix graph, check for directions of all shortcuts.

First of all I would suggest giving better names to objects that have an important function, for example a driveline is called Plane.0003 or the cannon flight path is called BezierCurve.

But it looks like you have some issues:

the cannonstart.001 has the wrong Flight end line and path set
instead of cannend it should be cannend.001 and instead of BezierCurve it should be BezierCurve.001
Or did you want to not use the second cannon (that goes upwards) for now, because to upper driveline is not set to driveline and leads nowhere and the maindriveline is close.
For testing I set the type of cannon start and cannon end to none.

But the real issue why it fails is that there are additional drivelines in the track part that's really far away from the rest, for testing I deleted this.
The problem here I guess is that the additional driveline is not connected to the maindriveline.
I am speaking of the part here on the right:
2019-01-12 12_27_50-Blender_ [D__Alex_Bearbeitung_SuperTuxKart_Source_media_tracks_20_intodreams_int.jpg

So after deleting the additional drivelines, when I started I got an crash saying SPMeshLoader::Armature: Non-parent bone missing inarmature
So there seems to be a bone issue.
I deleted every object that has bones and tried again and it worked.

So you need to either connect the additional drivelines to the main driveline or if you want to test you have to set these additional drivelines to object type none.
And you have to check all objects that have a armature/bones. You can find out which object causes the problems by doing multiple exports every time with an different armature object deleted.

I am looking forward to that track :)
Playing SuperTuxKart on my Windows 10 Laptop, my mobile phone and on my Anroid TV :)
(profile picture from John Tuggle URL: https://www.flickr.com/photos/22565768@N04/4454921691 License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ picture was edited by me)
Mr.XX99

Re: Problem with track exporting : Into Dreams

Postby david herrera » 01 Feb 2019, 18:42

Now most problems has been solved, :
first now the track is playable
i renamed some objects for better comprehension
some drivelines were deleted

Now i have problems animating objects with bones, simply it does not do nothing
another problem is that in blender some objects have textures but in stk it shows white models

another problem is that, where is the option that make a texture visible in both views?

THE UPDATED TRACK:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PeY50 ... UmQtOiQI-Q
THE UPDATED TRACK:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by david herrera on 02 Feb 2019, 02:37, edited 2 times in total.
david herrera

Postby QwertyChouskie » 01 Feb 2019, 20:10

It seems you are using a really old version of the export script. I recommend installing the latest scripts as described here: https://supertuxkart.net/Installing_Tools. Note that you will need blender 2.7x (preferably 2.79b) for the newer export scripts.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby QwertyChouskie » 01 Feb 2019, 20:15

Also your zip seems to be missing a lot of textures, that is likely your problem.
QwertyChouskie

Postby david herrera » 02 Feb 2019, 03:13

I updated the scripts some weeks ago, so i can export perfectly now, and i currently using blender 2.79b,
the only question that i have is the export takes a lot of time, (3 - 4 min) it is normal?

-again in previous version of the script i went able to enable the two-view of textures but now i cant see that option so some textures only can be visible in one way but no in the other
Clipboarder.2019.02.01.png

the updated track with the textures---------------------------------------------------------------------

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g9qE9 ... w_GX2ghXMs
david herrera

Postby QwertyChouskie » 02 Feb 2019, 04:48

The latest version of STK doesn't support disabling backface culling for performance reasons. If you need to see a texture from both sides, use the solidify modifier in Blender.
QwertyChouskie

Postby Mr.XX99 » 03 Feb 2019, 16:31

Seems that for you uploaded track on you last post you still used the old export scripts because there are the old b3d files instead of the new spm files there
Playing SuperTuxKart on my Windows 10 Laptop, my mobile phone and on my Anroid TV :)
(profile picture from John Tuggle URL: https://www.flickr.com/photos/22565768@N04/4454921691 License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ picture was edited by me)
Mr.XX99

Postby david herrera » 03 Feb 2019, 18:03

the track is working on 0.9.3, i dont know what you mean, i have the latest scripts of 10/2018
david herrera

Postby david herrera » 03 Feb 2019, 18:36

Okey here is the track ready to paste in track folder and try

track :{v

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jZrRc ... TB9gzLh2E8
david herrera

Postby Alayan » 03 Feb 2019, 23:04

Hello, I've tested your track !

I think there is a lot of potential to make this a great track :
- the idea of going into dreams, starting on the bed of a boy, is fun. It also allows to potentially insert some more exotic track elements.
- I remember the track you did a few years ago which was quite nice, you definitely have some knowledge for track making
- It has already got some nice models for a WIP

Now, I know this is a heavily WIP version and you would improve a lot of things. But here are points I would particularly consider :
- Beware of making the track too long. I am not a fan of short tracks, but the currently playable section (which doesn't loop to the start) is about 1 minute playing decently fast. You don't want it to go much higher. 1m20s at high speed should be about a max imho
- Beware of making the different parts of the dream too disconnected. For example, at some point I feel like I'm visiting some city, not really into a dream. So dream yes, but mashup of unrelated part no. I fear you're too close to a mashup right now.
- In the starting room, the walls share the same texture than the bed cover. This makes for bad contrast (it's harder to see where the road is) and is less nice visually. It's important that the player can quickly understand where the road is and where he has to go.
- That bed cover texture (blue with yellow stars) is low res. Putting my kart over a star, I can easily see big pixellation in a 720 game window. Now, STK is not shipping 4K textures, but for the final version of the track it should be much better than this. In my 720p window, I should not see obvious texture limtiation.
- Some parts of the track have solid color texturing. If don't know if this is intentional, but it doesn't make look things cartoony or dreamy as much as low quality. You really want to use textures there and find other way to show it's a dream world.
- Almost the whole track has the same wide road. You run into the risk of boring gameplay. You want to have some parts where the road gets narrower or wider, breaks into two paths, has some challenging curve (all curves are easy right now), has an obstacle to avoid (we could even try to work to get something dynamic). Having a "difficult to use but slightly faster" shortcut similar to the one in Cocoa Temple, potentially with the same nitro/jump pad combo, (see youtube videos if you don't know it) would also be very nice. In some curves, making it possible to fall out of track by removing protections on the border could also make things more exciting.
- It's too early to talk about item placements on the road, but this will be important too.

Don't take any of this as personal criticism, the goal is to help you achieve the best track you can do.
Alayan
STK Moderator

Postby david herrera » 04 Feb 2019, 00:19

dont worry friend I will take your comment good , thanks for all points
Currently the track into dreams it is on very early start, because of that i am not publishing as a finished track, firstly i want to resolve all problems related to blender-export
I know that the track have a lot a LOT of bugs and glinches XD it need gameplay improvements and more and more to make more fun, but i will take in count that points that you wrote me
I will explain some points, the main idea of the track is join together all of my made tracks before, (thanks to Ludsky for this idea) he was the idea for put extrange scenary, and different concepts, (for example chinese village has a cartoon look but mystic island has a more realistic look)

the room need another texture, or the bed instead

the rocks have a texture right now but it seems that not have and ludsky said me the same XD

overall thanks for that points bro ;)
david herrera

Postby Alayan » 11 Feb 2019, 02:35

david herrera {l Wrote}:I will explain some points, the main idea of the track is join together all of my made tracks before, (thanks to Ludsky for this idea) he was the idea for put extrange scenary, and different concepts, (for example chinese village has a cartoon look but mystic island has a more realistic look)

I think that's why I felt the track was a mash-up of unrelated parts.

I get the idea of wanting to show part of your previous tracks (similar to the "nostalgia" track in the addons), but I think this "into the dreams" idea has more potential if you build entirely the track around elements made to fit well together.
Alayan
STK Moderator

Postby Andet » 05 Oct 2019, 07:22

Hi!

This was a really cool WIP track :) . Are there any plans to finish it?
Andet

Postby david herrera » 06 Oct 2019, 14:57

Sorry but no, i have heavy-health problems recently and i cant use the computer for longer times, i will upload the advances i made in last half year later.
david herrera

Postby dumaosen » 17 Nov 2019, 15:18

OH MAN GOOGLE DRIVE IS BLOCKED IN CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dumaosen

Postby QwertyChouskie » 18 Nov 2019, 19:00

Ouch! If you need me to reupload any STK stuff, let me know (my server isn't blocked, right?)
QwertyChouskie