Forest tileset needs a makeover.

Forest tileset needs a makeover.

Postby Random Paradox » 10 Jan 2019, 15:42

The level tiles have many noticeable tiling errors, lack a few tiles and are also limited in terms of slopes. They also seem a odd compared to other tilesets, and I don't know why. I know the team needs more artists, but at least fix the tiling errors in a future update.
Completer of the Ling Ling Workout.
Random Paradox

Re: Forest tileset needs a makeover.

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 10 Jan 2019, 16:32

I'm not super fond of the tileset either, but can you please describe what you mean by tiling errors? Because in the forest levels I make, the tiles seem to align at least somewhat properly.
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby Random Paradox » 11 Jan 2019, 02:59

Look a bit closer and you will see what i mean.
Completer of the Ling Ling Workout.
Random Paradox

Postby Alzter » 14 Jan 2019, 04:36

Very, very much agreed. It's too flat, repetitive, and there's no variety in texture or colour. All the levels basically look the same and the forest caves/ghost forest tilesets are all just edited off the original forest tileset. The forest world mock-ups look so much better than the final product.

tree.PNG

Treetop-tileset.jpg

Wallstone-tileset.jpg

I think the existing forest background used in the majority of the levels is ugly and needs to be replaced, and a few new backgrounds need to be made. Most of the levels look the same. It'd be great if the tileset was revamped and didn't look so ugly, but I doubt it's realistic to think that it will be replaced.
Alzter