Possible bug

Possible bug

Postby asciimonster » 20 Dec 2010, 12:46

I may have found a bug, but need your help in replicating it. I noticed that sometimes I meet a challenge, but are not rewarded...

Could you try:
- Start a challenge for the challenge menu.
- Fail the challenge
- From the end screen, choose "restart race"
- Finish the challenge successfully
- Now you will not get your reward...
asciimonster

Re: Possible bug

Postby ggreenn » 20 Dec 2010, 15:13

I'm pretty sure that when you choose "restart race" from the end screen after a challenge with nitro you are not awarded if you win when you restart. "little red line in nitro meter is missing"
ggreenn

Postby asciimonster » 20 Dec 2010, 15:29

Actually I think the restarted race is not viewed as a challenge at all. It also explains the nitro line missing.
asciimonster

Postby Auria » 20 Dec 2010, 17:23

There is no special "challenge mode" when racing, you can unlock features without going in the challenges menu first, so that's not the issue there

To help more, we would need to know exactly what challenge caused this issue
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby asciimonster » 20 Dec 2010, 20:01

I found this behaviour in a lot of different challenges... hence my impression it implied to all challenges.
asciimonster

Postby Auria » 20 Dec 2010, 20:58

Weird, in my tests I did not see this. Could you provide specifics next time this happens? (e.g. I was doing challenge X, I finished at rank Y with time Z)
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby asciimonster » 20 Dec 2010, 21:45

I reset my challenges to test this. Here's one:
Challenge: Farm 3xAI Time<2:30 Win=NN (Not Necessary)
1st run: Time=2:35:59 Win=NO => Unlock=NO
2nd run: Time=2:24:89 Win=NO => Unlock=NO

P.S. please note: this is the SECOND farm challenge. There is one just like it before that, that worked. Hmmm. Could it be that the completed challenges aren't removed?
asciimonster

Postby Auria » 21 Dec 2010, 00:32

Hmm, something is wrong there, we have only one farm challenge. Is it possible that you installed STK over an older installation, and thus have some old files left around?

Apart form that, I tested that particular challenge, and had no problems :( So I don't know what's wrong for you
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby asciimonster » 21 Dec 2010, 11:09

I'll try a clean install then.

Just on time too... I removed any trace of the old programme and installed the 0.7 version.
After the re-install I selected a challenge straight away and had a programme crash (possibly because after the clean install no kart has been selected?).
I still have to report that the completed challenges were not removed... (In this case: win snowtuxpeak against 3 AI)
asciimonster

Postby Auria » 21 Dec 2010, 17:38

asciimonster {l Wrote}:I'll try a clean install then.

Just on time too... I removed any trace of the old programme and installed the 0.7 version.
After the re-install I selected a challenge straight away and had a programme crash (possibly because after the clean install no kart has been selected?).
I still have to report that the completed challenges were not removed... (In this case: win snowtuxpeak against 3 AI)

Hi,

for all crashes, we will need a backtrace from gdb, otherwise I'm afraid it's hard for us to do anything :|

and yes, removing the data files does not remove your user data (~/.config/supertuxkart), so solved challenges will remain solved
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby hiker » 22 Dec 2010, 01:51

asciimonster {l Wrote}:I'll try a clean install then.

No, that shouldn't be the reason - if there is no config file, 'tux' becomes the selected character (and I also tried that on Windows without any problems). Any messages if you run stk from the command line?

Removed from where? Challenges stay in the list of challenges, but get a different icon. That's normal.

I've already created a ticket for adding version numbers to challenges (to avoid problems with trying to load old/left-over challenges), and I think this should also include solved challenges ... probably.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby asciimonster » 22 Dec 2010, 13:16

hiker {l Wrote}:(...) Challenges stay in the list of challenges, but get a different icon. That's normal.

:? Icon? What icon? :?
* Asciimonster looks blankly ahead *
Oh. Now I get it! Completed challenges are shown as a cup... I really didn't get that. I thought the cup indicated that challenge unlocks a cup and the others unlock a track... Sorry. :oops:

I personally think a medal or a laurel overlaid over the original icon is a clearer indication that that challenge has been met. :think:
Also the order of the challenges change constantly, I think it's better if every challenge had a fixed position.
asciimonster

Postby Auria » 22 Dec 2010, 17:47

Challenges will improve in the future, but for now this is what I had the time to code ;)
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby asciimonster » 22 Dec 2010, 18:28

I'm running the windows version so debugging is not an option. (why isn't there a --debug option?)
This is another puppy I found before the programme locked up on race start:
"[KartSelectionScreen] WARNING: could not find a kart named 'locked' "
Also starting a race with a large amount of karts (10+ BRING ON THE MAYHEM!) seems to be troublesome for some tracks (e.g. canyon)
asciimonster