Some new levels for the Ghost Forest

Re: Some new levels for the Ghost Forest

Postby theXman63 » 25 Aug 2018, 04:30

levels in the new update include: what is this place and this forest is haunted
theXman63

Postby Digital » 08 Sep 2018, 18:52

I'm a bit late to the party :)

I played the 4 levels in the updated attached file in the original comment. The levels are some of the best levels I've seen design-wise, great job on creating them!

The Forest is Rotting:
Lovely design texture, and I liked the collapse feature in the middle section. Good overall theme, as is with the other 3 levels too. The over-excessive skully-hops are rather annoying though.

I Spy with my Little Eye:
Nice level overall. I can see it as an introductory level to the eye feature in the main forest map. I remember being rather confused with the eye mechanics when I first played the castle levels in the Forest World (or rather, I was quite oblivious to the eyes then). There's a floating torch (see image1 below) and the end passage can be skipped by jumping over the roof.

Down the Rabbit Hole:
Very nice and fitting designs, I can see it being inspired by the original rabbit hole level in the Forest World? Again, I noticed a tiny design flaw (see image2 below).

Dark and Damp:
I love the ground design. I feel the difficulty is intermediate, so it might fit well as a later forest level. It has a rather mundane secret – it has a lot more potential! In my opinion the lighting could be slightly brighter as well, but I guess it does fit with the level title.

Image1

design_flaw.jpg

Image2

design_flaw2.jpg
Digital

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 08 Sep 2018, 21:14

Hey @Digital, what version are you using? These levels only work in Nightly Builds as of now, on my computer. The torch isn't floating and the "design flaw" uses the proper tiles in at least the latest Nightly. Thanks for the response!

Anyways, @brmbrmcar, heres a new cave entrance level with a new name.
Attachments
Into_Tunnel.zip
(7.81 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby Digital » 08 Sep 2018, 22:34

Oh, of course. I'm using the latest stable release of v0.5.1 – do link me with the latest build though :) Anyways, I'm indifferent about those two bugs on my display.
Digital

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 08 Sep 2018, 23:31

https://download.supertux.org . Just find your version and download. These are unstable, though, so be warned!
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 26 Dec 2018, 18:43

Hey guys, I haven't been actually *playing* SuperTux lately but here's an improved version of "I Spy With My Little Eye". Tell me what you think! :) :) :)
Attachments
I_Spy.zip
(7.8 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator