New Autumn-Themed Level!

New Autumn-Themed Level!

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 16 Nov 2018, 03:38

Hello, SuperTux community! I've created a new autumn-themed level for you to feast your looking spheres on! It's autumn, and I think no better way to spend your sad, lonely time on earth this season than to make/play an some autumn-themed 'Tux levels! I will be making a worldmap based around this theme, and this is the first level (just in case I lose my progress, I want to upload a backup here). I will be making more levels, and if you want to help, feel free! Enjoy, and I would like to know what you think!

WARNING: ONLY WORKS IN THE LATEST NIGHTLY BUILDS! OTHER VERSIONS OF THE GAME WILL MAKE SOME TEXTURES LOOK WEIRD-LIKE!
Attachments
autumn_leaves.stl.zip
(4.27 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Re: New Autumn-Themed Level!

Postby ProTux » 17 Nov 2018, 19:26

I downloaded it and extracted it and put it in my little "levels" folder for supertux where extracted files turned into folders go. And nothing appeared when i opened supertux.
im back
ProTux

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 17 Nov 2018, 21:49

What version/device/software are you using? I deleted it off my device, downloaded again, and it worked for me.

Do you have an "info" file in your world folder? Is it set to worldmap or levelset? A little more information would help.
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby ProTux » 18 Nov 2018, 00:37

I have windows 10 and i have a PC, and i use Opera Browser. And, i do not have an "info" file in my world folder. it is set to both worldmap and levelset
im back
ProTux

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 18 Nov 2018, 01:00

You need an info file in order for it to show up. Info files are what allows worlds to show up. Also, you can only have it set to either "worldmap" OR "levelset". Since there is no worldmap I recommend setting it to levelset.

Alternatively, create a levelset in-game (without any levels) and then go to that world's folder and insert the level. Hope this helped.
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby ProTux » 18 Nov 2018, 02:43

what is an info file? im new to this forum so i need some respect. Not being mean but manuel, Well, i keep getting feelings that brmbrmcar and other people keep being kind of mean. again, not being rude.
im back
ProTux

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 18 Nov 2018, 02:54

I don't think they are trying to be rude. At least, I'm not trying to be rude. Anyway, an info file is the file that keeps your world's information (name, author, type) and you can either manually create one (which I don't recommend for beginners) or create a new levelset (which you should do). This should automatically create a folder with an info file in it. Then you can place the levels (.stl files) in them.
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 21 Nov 2018, 00:11

Here is level numero two. Please give me feedback so I know what is good and what is bad! Thank you and have a goood day!
Attachments
pumpkin_patch.stl.zip
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby ProTux » 21 Nov 2018, 01:25

how can i set it to worldmap or levelset?
im back
ProTux

Postby manuel » 21 Nov 2018, 07:41

ProTux {l Wrote}:what is an info file? im new to this forum so i need some respect. Not being mean but manuel, Well, i keep getting feelings that brmbrmcar and other people keep being kind of mean. again, not being rude.

I'm sorry if my comments sounded mean. I somehow understood that you knew where your "supertux2/addons/" folder is, so I got very confused what you still need to know. It really differs from what people already know when they first join here, so I first gave more general answers before answering more in detail. If this sounded mean or rude, I apologize, I never meant to be like this.
manuel

Postby manuel » 21 Nov 2018, 09:27

ProTux {l Wrote}:how can i set it to worldmap or levelset?

The easier way:
Follow the guide of GunChloec to find the supertux2 folder (https://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=8154&start=25#p78450). When in the supertux2 folder, instead of opening the addons folder, go into the levels folder. Create a folder (right-click, select "new" and then "folder" or "directory", I don't know how it's called there).
Then download the level files and save them there. If these are zip-files, you need to unzip them. Make sure, that they are not in subfolders, so if you open the supertux2/levels/ folder, there should directly be a "pumpkin_patch" file, if you downloaded WeLuvGoatz's level (or any other .stl-file).
Then create a text file simply called "info" (right click -> new -> text document). Paste the following text into it:
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
(supertux-level-subset
  (title (_ "Forum Levels"))
  (description (_ "Some levels I found in the ST forum"))
  (levelset #t)
  (hide-from-contribs #f)
)

Short explanation: "title" and "description" should be obvious from their names. You want to leave "levelset" like this, if you want a levelet. If it should be a worldmap and you have a worldmap.stwm, then you can change the #t to #f. "hide-from-contribs" should always be #f.
Now you should find the levels in the contrib levels. I'm not sure whether you have to activate it in the add-ons menu or not.

There is also a more difficult way (which would actually be the coorect way to do it):
It is documented in https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki/blob/master/Level-Editor.md
manuel

Postby ProTux » 21 Nov 2018, 15:32

Manuel, do you have a world you wanna share with us? Also, make it so that you have to unzip it and put it in the "levels folder". :)
im back
ProTux

Postby manuel » 21 Nov 2018, 16:54

If the worldmap is an addon, you should only need to place it in the "supertux2/addons" folder without unzipping it. For just downloading, this would be easier but it is a bit more work to compress it, as it requires additional files.
manuel

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 22 Nov 2018, 01:49

Hey, please keep discussion in this thread/topic related to MY levels, please. If you want to talk about creating a levelset, create a new topic. This topic is not the place for this. I get notifications from this topic, thinking someone has some feedback, but then it turns out someone's discussing something completely different. Sorry to sound mean, but I'm just getting frustrated when someone brings their discussion into the incorrect place.
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 24 Nov 2018, 00:43

Here is the third level, and a possible replacement to the current level with the same name:
Attachments
village.stl.zip
(10.49 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby ProTux » 24 Nov 2018, 19:23

WeLuvGoatz, how do i pack my level and put it on this topic? I have a level i wanna share with you guys! You will like it! Even though i tried my best to do it.
im back
ProTux

Postby WeLuvGoatz » 24 Nov 2018, 19:51

Hey ProTux, what software do you use? (Windows, Mac, Android, Etc.)

Anyway, if you can find the folder where your file is kept, zip the level into a zip file and move it to a folder like your "Downloads" folder. Then, in the forum, click "Full Editor" when you reply. There will be an option to upload files. Then, click on your level's zip file and it should show up. Press "Add" on it and then submit your message. Your level's zip file should show up on your message.

Have a nice day!
No.
WeLuvGoatz
SuperTux Moderator

Postby ProTux » 29 Nov 2018, 01:21

I use Windows 10. How do I find my own created level/level folder?
im back
ProTux