TremZ - new life for the old game project

TremZ - new life for the old game project

Postby TheDushan » 26 Jun 2018, 21:37

Hi, my name is Dušan Jocić and I was and I am original developer of the OpenWolf engine and the old TremZ project and the TremZ team.

Whole project was lifted from the limbo where it was in the last few years.

I would like to show you current process of the development for long forgotten modification of the original Tremulous video game.

Whole code for this project is on the GitHub, and it is free as the air.

On the provided "imgur" link, the viewer can see three old Tremulous (ATCS, UTCS and the Vega) maps how they are looking now.

http://imgur.com/a/x0vvO3F

I would like to tell you, that I need to push changes and to make all this Linux compatible.
TheDushan

Re: TremZ - new life for the old game project

Postby c_xong » 27 Jun 2018, 08:39

Forgive my ignorance as I have no idea about the history of the TremZ project. But I found some old forum posts claiming some disturbing things about it, containing copyrighted material and copy-pasted code. Is this still the case? Have these, or will these, be cleaned up? P.S. what's the link to the github project?
c_xong

Postby TheDushan » 28 Jun 2018, 17:49

I cannot be guilty for things what happen in the past because I was invited to join the project

The source code is located here https://github.com/TheDushan/Tremulous
TheDushan

Postby Julius » 29 Jun 2018, 09:20

Looks good and nice that you are revisiting some older projects.

Just out of curiosity, is this in any way related to the slump in (visible) development of Unvanquished? Are you planning to port over some assets etc?
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby TheDushan » 30 Jun 2018, 23:16

To be honest with you, I was and I am still watching development of the "Unvanquished".
Now to answer your questions,
Short answer is no, personally I don't have anything against "Unvanquished" as game/product or against their dev. team. If they have something against me, it is their choice and I salute it. Simple as that.

For the second question, I don't believe that it would be good idea to port or to use assets from the "Unvanquished" video game.
If you allow me, I can elaborate.

It is not because of all the trolling and/or flaming what I or anyone else would get for doing that. It just that I strongly believe that if I do what you are suggesting then there will be another "Unvanquished" game, and at least for me that wouldn't be a smart move.
EDIT: about "etc." segment .... I can talk only in my name, and I don't play to port or to use anything what they have created so far and at this moment.
TheDushan