Treasure Chest Cut Scene in Story Mode

Treasure Chest Cut Scene in Story Mode

Postby pfred1 » 08 Jun 2018, 15:47

I've played Supertuxkart in the past and whenever I completed a challenge successfully I've always got the treasure chest cut scene when I was done. Now I do not get it most of the time. I just get the restart challenge button like I failed. Is this a new feature? Because I have to reenter the challenge just to see if I made it, or not. I am using the git version of the game.
pfred1

Re: Treasure Chest Cut Scene in Story Mode

Postby Auria » 09 Jun 2018, 00:22

Hi, I just tested with a recent git version, and I was unable to reproduce the problem, everything works fine for me. Do you have any additional information? Does it affect some specific challenges? Maybe a video screen capture showing it happen, in case we can spot something?
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Alayan » 09 Jun 2018, 00:41

What steps did you follow ?

Something like :
a)Had an uncompleted challenge
b)Did the challenge race and succeeded
c)Had only the restart challenge button available at the end
?

Try to give details to how you enter the story mode, setup the challenge, etc.

I don't remember having ever encountered something like this ; and I can't reproduce the issue on the latest git.
Alayan
STK Moderator

Postby pfred1 » 09 Jun 2018, 04:35

I recently reinstalled my PC and setup Supertuxkart all over again fresh. So I had all uncompleted challenges. Sometimes it gives me the treasure chest cut scene. Most of the time it doesn't. Though I get credit for having successfully completed a challenge if I manage to do it. When I don't get the cut scene it does look like I failed the challenge. As far as how I enter story mode I click the button on the opening screen. I know of no other way. Then to setup the challenge I drive over to the location where it is, enter the bubble and hit the space bar when I am in the spot. It has been going on ever since I have been running a git version on my reinstall. I ran into a couple other bugs so I've run a couple different versions recently. The latest I downloaded and built last night. On my old install the treasure chest cut scene worked flawlessly. But I forget where I got it from. I think it was an older git, but it might have just been a sourceforge tarball? I have been thinking about giving up on git versions and just using a stable tar. Because the git version has no feature that I want right now. So I don't have a reason to use it. But other than missing the treasure chest it is running good. I think I'm going to run it right now in fact.
pfred1

Postby pfred1 » 09 Jun 2018, 04:42

Actually I think I spoke too soon when I said the game is running good. I was just running the Volcan Island challenge and everything is just passing through everything. Like I can drive through the AI cars, bowling balls pass through cars without hitting them. So there is some kind of problem there. Skip it I'm installing the stable tarball.
pfred1

Postby Mr.XX99 » 09 Jun 2018, 05:37

@pfred1: Some challenges have a time limited additional to the required place to successful finish a challenge. Are you sure you have beaten this time limit too, when no treasure chest appears?
Playing SuperTuxKart on my Windows 10 Laptop, my mobile phone and on my Anroid TV :)
(profile picture from John Tuggle URL: https://www.flickr.com/photos/22565768@N04/4454921691 License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ picture was edited by me)
Mr.XX99

Postby pfred1 » 09 Jun 2018, 18:20

I've played SuperTux enough to know how it works. Plus I have the new cup when I reenter the challenge, and I have the points too. So yeah I am beating the challenges.
pfred1