The game will have multiplayer online?

The game will have multiplayer online?

Postby PauloBrazil » 09 May 2016, 02:51

as will be the multiplayer? :?
PauloBrazil

Re: The game will have multiplayer online?

Postby benau » 09 May 2016, 03:08

benau
STK Moderator

Postby Auria » 11 May 2016, 00:06

Yes, networked multiplayer is planned and will appear in some time - it is currently under development but it is a lot of work so it's not ready yet!
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby dawn4am » 12 May 2016, 15:57

Hi, I'm excited for multiplayer, but when will it be release I mean how long we have to wait? :) do we have a particular month or year like nextyear 2017 or this coming December as Christmas gift :))) something like that? and is it LAN only or Online only or both LAN and Online?
dawn4am

Postby Auria » 14 May 2016, 23:23

This game is developped by volunteers in their free time so it's very hard to tell, unfortunately. 2017 is as good a guess as any other for a first network release, but that is definitely not a promise, we are not experienced with networked games and who knows what issues we'll meet along the road

Regarding LAN vs WAN, it's unknown at this time, but there is a good possibility that LAN may be released before WAN since it's a bit easier to implement due to shorter ping time
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby ChristyGamer » 14 Jan 2018, 15:15

Definitely looking forward to the game playing.
Gamer @ Ben 10 Games
ChristyGamer

Postby annopnod » 31 Jan 2018, 14:46

alternative if broadcasting not work
you can put ipaddress
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-01-31 20-39-35.png
annopnod

Postby darkhog » 10 Feb 2018, 06:49

I hope it will be released soon-ish. Let's be honest here, AI is very dumb, even dumber than Super Mario Kart AI (and I'm speaking of Mario Kart 64-era SMK AI) in some cases, on any difficulty. Beating them is no challenge at all.
darkhog

Postby darkhog » 12 Feb 2018, 20:39

So the forum ate my post here. I'll repeat myself roughly. I hate repeating myself so I REALLY hope mods will fix that and put here my original post (you can delete this one then).

Netcode is harder than playing Dark Souls with one hand tied behind your back and while being blindfolded so I understand why it takes time. But the fact is that this game needs one as single player is just way too easy, even on harder difficulties. The AI is in some cases even more stupid than Mario Kart AI (and I'm talking about MK64 level of AI, SMK AI came a long way since then) and it's just too easy to finish a race in the first place, even on Expert difficulty. I really can't wait until I unlock SuperTux one, maybe that will provide an actual challenge for me. IMO the online multiplayer should be a top priority as the game is mostly stable and playable otherwise.
darkhog

Postby QwertyChouskie » 12 Feb 2018, 22:44

The good news is that there has been a decent amount of activity recently relating to networked multiplayer, e.g.:

https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-cod ... x-timestep
https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-cod ... dedce8ad4f
https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-cod ... e_protocol

You are not alone in the anticipation :D
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby darkhog » 13 Feb 2018, 05:07

Great to hear that! Will it have a server browser or will you have to input an IP?

//edit: Can't wait to try soccer mode in MP, that's one fun alternative to rocket league ;)
darkhog

Postby QwertyChouskie » 13 Feb 2018, 22:12

Probably a server browser, though everything is still very much WIP.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby darkhog » 14 Feb 2018, 18:59

That's great. I don't mind either way, however when asking for IPs you may find people unwilling to tell these because they think IP address is enough to hack someone (thanks Hollywood for spreading that BS belief!) and if you get it, the IP may change by the time you try to connect or the person may stop hosting (two things server browser solves).
darkhog

Postby Jabrisou74 » 21 Mar 2018, 23:11

Thank you so much my friend good work bro.
Best and top dress up online games for girls only on this beautiful website http://al3abtalbisa.com/
Jabrisou74

Postby QwertyChouskie » 26 May 2018, 21:14

Just a quick update here. The "game_protocol" branch was merged, and a lot of work has gone into the GUI side of things as well. Creating servers, browsing/connecting to them, selecting tracks, etc. all work quite well now. Racing works decently in Time Trial mode, though there are still a few stutters that are being worked on. Items are not working well, though hiker has been working on them in the "network-items" branch. The network menu is currently hidden behind the "--online" flag.
QwertyChouskie

Postby casp3r » 05 Jul 2018, 00:08

clearly need online support
i just love this game
i prefer it to an original mario kart (better driving, good job)
but i'm missing online support for racing, arena and football game.
i just love football game but need real human for play IA it's a little suck in football game
i'm in supertux level and i win beetween 20, 40 vs 5 (max) all the time
but for the race difficult level are just perfect

i know it's devellopped by volunteers and you just doing an amazing job thank's for that
but please just give us online support for a big mess with a 20 players race :)
casp3r