Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Mithos » 30 Oct 2017, 20:14

Hi,
I'm Mithos, a German STK player. I am also a letsplayer and live streamer on Youtube (letsplaymithosmoon), where I play Amnesia Custom Stories and already made some Videos and Streams about this wonderful Fun-Racer :)
Mithos

Postby BBmine » 08 Nov 2017, 00:33

Dave_H {l Wrote}:Hi, My name is Dave, and Live in South Carolina, USA. I am not really an avid gamer. My primary interest is in flight simming, and am head over heels for FlightGear. I am interested in full VR implementation of FlightGear in a Linux/Nibiru environment

Wow! I love planes, and play FlightGear! I first got interested in planes while in South Carolina. :D
BBmine

Postby app4soft » 10 Nov 2017, 13:42

Hi!
I interested in development of add-ons for open-source games, such as STK, FlightGear, INSTEAD, etc.

I am active user of Linux-based OS on home desktop. Mostly use such tools: Blender (3D modeling); FreeCAD/LibreCAD (CAD design); Inkscape/mtPaint (vector/raster image editors).

As programming/scripting languages use Python & Lua.
app4soft

Postby Armatys » 29 Nov 2017, 01:30

Hello, my name is Gregory, I'm studying law and I'm interested in creating games (as well as playing)
Armatys

Postby MedicineStorm » 03 Dec 2017, 21:45

Hello, I am called Medicine Storm. I am a moderator over at OpenGameArt.org. I probably should have signed up over here years ago. Looks like a great community.
MedicineStorm

Postby Mevvay » 10 Dec 2017, 14:29

Good day, Im Juriy and our team is currently developing a new strategy game, so here i would like to discuss our game and to talk with other developers.
Mevvay

Postby drivinggear » 11 Dec 2017, 14:04

Hi, I am Ross from Australia :)
drivinggear

Postby Arkmabat » 19 Dec 2017, 01:47

Hello my name's Ethan and I am here to seek a little help with setting controls.
Arkmabat

Postby alexblack » 21 Dec 2017, 08:58

Hello! I am Alex from USA. I am a gamer
alexblack

Postby Mr.XX99 » 29 Dec 2017, 21:42

Hello, my name is Alex and I'm interested in SuperTuxKart.
Playing SuperTuxKart on my Windows 10 Laptop, my mobile phone and on my Anroid TV :)
(profile picture from John Tuggle URL: https://www.flickr.com/photos/22565768@N04/4454921691 License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ picture was edited by me)
Mr.XX99

Postby dsonyy » 31 Dec 2017, 16:08

Hello, I'm dsonyy (my real name is Szymon Bednorz). My hobby is programming and I really enjoy creating small games usually from scratch. Currently I works with C++ and SFML (previously with Allegro and SDL). Unfortunately I often finish my work although the game isn't complete, but it has been changing recently :)
dsonyy

Postby annopnod » 01 Jan 2018, 04:46

i am annopnod improve easter_eggs.xml and present idea
i am from thailand
annopnod

Postby Savalguga » 02 Jan 2018, 15:57

Hi, I'm Vlad (Savalguga/SG). I'm mostly known for Mario Forever stuff (mostly bug reporting) and I'm here to report a bug as well.
Savalguga

Postby Sizellia » 05 Jan 2018, 02:42

I'm Jarred Smith and I'm from the USA, nice to be a member here.
Sizellia

Postby wuliheron » 09 Jan 2018, 04:18

Usually I tell people I'm a brain damaged mentally deranged hippie dippy, and most of them are sober enough to believe me.

Technically, I'm a Warrior of the Rainbow and wandering Taoist writing what is known as, "The Book That can never be Written" by extrapolating poetry from the Tao Te Ching. It requires studying six to ten English language translations of the text for at least fifteen years just to be considered the least bit competent with its metaphoric logic. However, I unexpectedly mastered the text contextually, and am in my seventh year of dissecting its convoluted metaphoric logic. Believe it or not, the text expresses a multidimensional multifractal equation composed of a notably classical appearing Fractal Dragon equation, emerging from a more humble Mandelbrot background, and I expect to possibly finish the book sometime in the next three years. My philosophy is similar to Wittgenstein and Philosophical Taoism, but a more humorous pragmatic primitive tribal Taoism. Enough left wing humor to split your sides open, but its all mathematics to me and, believe it or not, the US government has admitted that they have classified a few jokes as "Vital to the National Defense" and hinted that congress is investigating and, of course, they have no comment.

Sadly, all that is true, and when I first let it be widely known that I was a brain damaged mentally deranged hippie dippy intent on writing a philosophical book on potty humor, I had to close to email accounts and put linux on my computer. The same fuzzy logic that can be used for political humor, can also be used for anything, including designing 800 mile per hour missile guidance systems. Eventually, I decided the only way to stop them was to show them what my jokes are actually good for.
wuliheron

Postby nahnou » 12 Jan 2018, 20:00

Hi, I am Hicham, a music composer from Belgium, and sound designer with no experience in the game field. I am very interested in collaborating with game creators
nahnou

Postby Oetelaer » 13 Jan 2018, 15:59

:) Hi.
I am Oetelaer, and created lots of extra maps for Dungeon Keeper in the past.
http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk1_maps_l ... ?start=012
Just this year, 2018, I discovered Open Dungeons, downloaded 0.7.1, and love that game very much also.
I studied art, but need some more practice with Blender, and hope to improve my skills and realize dreams, by helping out Open Dungeons. :p
Oetelaer

Postby JohnConnor » 19 Jan 2018, 15:33

Currently I am looking for interesting projects on sound design and audio note in the field of film and television production, as well as gamedev to fill my portfolio so i can work for less compensation for it.

Different techniques of creating sound effects. Sertefitsirovany by Pro Tools, with the skills of creating musical compositions and textures in any genre. Good experience in sound - engineering, audio post-production, sound information composing. Knowledge of DAW, VST and have own studio, expirience 7+ years in composing as hobby primary.

andrewsunday@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/andrew.sunday.37
JohnConnor

Postby NancyGamer » 20 Jan 2018, 12:54

Hi. Nancy Here. I am a student and gamer by heart. I love to play and review games. I am a big fan of Counter-Strike Games. Apart from my Gaming hobby, I love to travel and read books.
NancyGamer

Postby PapaTux » 24 Jan 2018, 19:22

Hello,

my sons want to play STK on an older computer having a AMD G760 APU - Game crashes and doesn't start:

---------------------------
SuperTuxKart crashed :/
SuperTuxKart crashed!
Please hit Ctrl+C to copy to clipboard and signal the problem
to the developers on our forum: viewforum.php?f=16

Call stack:

<no symbol available>
shared_gpu_objects.cpp:SharedGPUObjects::initSkinning:209
shared_gpu_objects.cpp:SharedGPUObjects::init:228
shader_based_renderer.cpp:ShaderBasedRenderer::preloadShaderFiles:947
shader_based_renderer.cpp:ShaderBasedRenderer::ShaderBasedRenderer:624
irr_driver.cpp:IrrDriver::initDevice:580
main.cpp:initRest:1382
main.cpp:main:1554
exe_common.inl:__scrt_common_main_seh:283
BaseThreadInitThunk
RtlUserThreadStart
OK

Is this my fault or is it not compatible ? We can play other games fine, like Trackmania United.

Thank you!
PapaTux

Postby Rph » 27 Jan 2018, 11:22

Hello, I am Rph.
I do stuff.
Also code.
I use linux.
Yes.
Rph

Postby Jasin » 27 Jan 2018, 19:07

Hello guys i am new here.
Im gonna start with SuperTuxKart.
I want to thank everyone for your forum.I hope for a positive experience and I wish good luck to all :)
The direct main step of My website in the future, is hope!
Jasin

Postby Arthur » 27 Jan 2018, 21:46

PapaTux {l Wrote}:Hello,

my sons want to play STK on an older computer having a AMD G760 APU - Game crashes and doesn't start:

SuperTuxKart crashed :/
SuperTuxKart crashed!
Please hit Ctrl+C to copy to clipboard and signal the problem
to the developers on our forum: viewforum.php?f=16

Call stack:

<no symbol available>
shared_gpu_objects.cpp:SharedGPUObjects::initSkinning:209
shared_gpu_objects.cpp:SharedGPUObjects::init:228
shader_based_renderer.cpp:ShaderBasedRenderer::preloadShaderFiles:947
shader_based_renderer.cpp:ShaderBasedRenderer::ShaderBasedRenderer:624
irr_driver.cpp:IrrDriver::initDevice:580
main.cpp:initRest:1382
main.cpp:main:1554
exe_common.inl:__scrt_common_main_seh:283
BaseThreadInitThunk
RtlUserThreadStart
OK

Is this my fault or is it not compatible ? We can play other games fine, like Trackmania United.

Thank you!

Hi, first question, did you check that you have the latest drivers from AMD? Secondly, if you continue having issues, could you please create a thread in our subforum here? Thanks!
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

hi

Postby sinisa3games » 08 Feb 2018, 20:46

timong {l Wrote}:This thread could be the chime-in thread.

Let me start it, to have my account validated!

I'm timong, dev of jcrpg from Hungary. I have composed some music for FOSS games too (scourge, PARPG).
'Ello
sinisa3games

Postby darkhog » 12 Feb 2018, 08:50

Hello. I'm a game developer too! Didn't release any open-source games so far, but I certainly plan to in the future (my main problem is that most of my code is crap even though it works and I tend to have problem finishing things due to it).
darkhog