Arena maps does not appear in map list

Arena maps does not appear in map list

Postby sipiatti » 10 Jan 2018, 19:57

Hi folks, I play stk with my 6 year old son every day and we like the arena maps and we installed all arena map add-ons.
But we could see only 8 maps in the mapselector (5 standard maps included in this 8).
We use 0.9.3 under linuxmint.
How could we play all arena maps or what could be the problem with thw downloaded addon ones?
sipiatti

Re: Arena maps does not appear in map list

Postby Auria » 11 Jan 2018, 00:25

Hi, could you give us an example of one track that you cannot see? Also, this may seem really obvious but I still need to mention it just in case : if there are too many tracks, they will scroll horizontally, I assume you did try to scroll to the right side of the track selection screen?
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby QwertyChouskie » 11 Jan 2018, 01:33

Also, some arenas will only work in multiplayer mode.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby sipiatti » 11 Jan 2018, 16:49

Auria {l Wrote}:Hi, could you give us an example of one track that you cannot see? Also, this may seem really obvious but I still need to mention it just in case : if there are too many tracks, they will scroll horizontally, I assume you did try to scroll to the right side of the track selection screen?

Of course we scroll it :)

These are the maps we could not see:
Mall
STK Mercury
About the Garage
Amphitheatre
Area 498
Champs Castle
Circle of destiny
Circle of ubuntu
coloseum
Ice cube
Interplanetary war
labirus
lava island
magma battle
the lost subsea
TSS
Warehouse

QwertyChouskie {l Wrote}:Also, some arenas will only work in multiplayer mode.

Some?? If this is the reason they are not some but plenty. Only some works in single player...
sipiatti

Postby QwertyChouskie » 11 Jan 2018, 18:14

Before STK 0.9.2, arenas were all multiplayer-only, as there was no battle AI. STK 0.9.2 added a battle AI, but the problem is that this AI needs a "drivemesh", basically a non-visible mesh(object) that the AI reads to see where it can drive. Older add-ons usually don't have these meshes, so they don't support the battle AI, thus they are disabled in singleplayer, because a battle against only yourself is a bit weird. ;)
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby QwertyChouskie » 11 Jan 2018, 18:14

Maybe that should be added to the FAQ also?
QwertyChouskie

Postby sipiatti » 11 Jan 2018, 21:02

Useful answer thank you very much.
How this mesh could be applied to those maps? It would be nice if somebody could upgrade those older maps to use them in single player mode.
sipiatti

Postby QwertyChouskie » 11 Jan 2018, 21:29

QwertyChouskie

Postby Auria » 12 Jan 2018, 00:06

Ah yes indeed, I'd forgotten about that.
In the end, addon tracks are the responsability of their author, and in many cases the blender source file was not provided to us by the author of the tracks, in those cases it's hard to do anything about it
Auria
STK Moderator