Crash when opening add-on manager

Crash when opening add-on manager

Postby Savalguga » 02 Jan 2018, 18:26

I apologize if this was already reported. I saw something about add-on manager crashes on GitHub, but I don't know if it's the same issue or not.
The game mostly works fine, but when I open the add-on manager, it crashes with this error. I think this bug was introduced in 0.9.2. I use Windows 10 64-bit.
---------------------------
SuperTuxKart crashed :/
SuperTuxKart crashed!
Please hit Ctrl+C to copy to clipboard and signal the problem
to the developers on our forum: viewforum.php?f=16

Call stack:

crash_reporting.cpp:CrashReporting::getCallStack:314
crash_reporting.cpp:CrashReporting::winCrashHandler:103
get_thread_local_invalid_parameter_handler
invalid_parameter_noinfo
_intrinsic_setjmpex
strftime
strftime
time.cpp:StkTime::toString:55
addon.cpp:Addon::getDateAsString:165
addons_screen.cpp:AddonsScreen::loadList:400
abstract_state_manager.cpp:GUIEngine::AbstractStateManager::pushScreen:136
main_menu_screen.cpp:MainMenuScreen::eventCallback:549
event_handler.cpp:GUIEngine::EventHandler::sendEventToUser:600
event_handler.cpp:GUIEngine::EventHandler::onWidgetActivated:651
event_handler.cpp:GUIEngine::EventHandler::onGUIEvent:693
event_handler.cpp:GUIEngine::EventHandler::OnEvent:157
cguibutton.cpp:irr::gui::CGUIButton::OnEvent:221
cguienvironment.cpp:irr::gui::CGUIEnvironment::postEventFromUser:544
cirrdevicestub.cpp:irr::CIrrDeviceStub::postEventFromUser:229
cirrdevicewin32.cpp:WndProc:1062
CallWindowProcW
CallWindowProcW
glDebugEntry
CallWindowProcW
CallWindowProcW
DllUnregisterServer
DllUnregisterServer
DllUnregisterServer
DllUnregisterServer
CallWindowProcW
DispatchMessageW
cirrdevicewin32.cpp:irr::CIrrDeviceWin32::handleSystemMessages:2234
ОК

After I close the error window, this pops up:
SuperTuxKart crashed :/
SuperTuxKart crashed!
Please hit Ctrl+C to copy to clipboard and signal the problem
to the developers on our forum: viewforum.php?f=16

Call stack:

<no symbol available>
<no symbol available>
<no symbol available>
<no symbol available>
<no symbol available>
ОК

After I close the second error window, it pops up again. I have to close the STK window to close the game.
Savalguga

Re: Crash when opening add-on manager

Postby Auria » 02 Jan 2018, 23:36

Thanks, I have created a bug report here : https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-code/issues/3085
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Savalguga » 03 Jan 2018, 11:09

I use the Russian translation.

Would the bug persist if I install Linux (Ubuntu) as a second operating system and than try to open the addon manager on that?

Edit: If you're going to edit translations, please correct one more thing: The line "'Character' выбыл из гонки." should be "'Character' выбыл(-а) из гонки." This is because the former line implies that the character is male.

Edit 2: I tested it in English and it works.
Savalguga

Postby deve » 03 Jan 2018, 20:51

Can you correct that broken translation in addons screen too?

And actually there is more to do. There is "'%s' has been eliminated." that is translated to your "'Character' выбыл из гонки.". But there is also "Eliminated" that is translated to "Выбыл из гонки". Probably it should be "Выбыл(-а) из гонки" too?

If it's not a big problem, you can create an account on transifex: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/supertuxkart/ then join Russian team and translate it yourself. Or I can copy-paste these few translations for you.
deve

Postby deve » 03 Jan 2018, 21:02

It doesn't crash for me, but probably this is the reason:

msgid "%d/%m/%Y"
msgstr "%д.%м.%Г"

But I see that it's already fixed on transifex and it currently is:
%d.%m.%Y
deve

Postby Savalguga » 03 Jan 2018, 21:46

deve {l Wrote}:But there is also "Eliminated" that is translated to "Выбыл из гонки". Probably it should be "Выбыл(-а) из гонки" too?

Yeah, I think you're right. I've already signed up on Transifex and I'll try to correct this issue soon.

If the crashing issue is already fixed on Transifex, would you make a new version with the fix, or at least put a note somewhere that tells people not to use the Russian translation for the add-on manager? After all, this is a pretty serious issue.
Savalguga

Postby Savalguga » 04 Jan 2018, 13:01

(Sorry for the double post, I just want to bring people's attention.)

How do I change my status on Transifex from Translator to Corrector?
Savalguga

Postby deve » 04 Jan 2018, 18:45

I'm not sure what do you mean. Are you not able to modify translations? I see only "Translators" and "Reviewer" group and the first one should be enough to make modifications.
deve

Postby Savalguga » 04 Jan 2018, 20:28

Oh, okay. Sorry for bothering you. In Russian, the Reviewer status is called Corrector, and I mistakenly thought that Correctors (Reviewers) only correct mistakes instead of checking text in general.
Savalguga

Postby Savalguga » 06 Jan 2018, 11:15

Speaking of addons, they're referred to as both "Addons" ("Дополнения") and "Add-Ons" ("Аддоны"). Shouldn't they both be "Addons" and "Дополнения"?

I also wrote comments about "Karts" and Nolok's monologue, but they're getting no attention.
Savalguga

Postby Auria » 07 Jan 2018, 00:31

Savalguga {l Wrote}:Speaking of addons, they're referred to as both "Addons" ("Дополнения") and "Add-Ons" ("Аддоны"). Shouldn't they both be "Addons" and "Дополнения"?

I also wrote comments about "Karts" and Nolok's monologue, but they're getting no attention.

the easiest way to get them fixed could be to simply join Transifex and fix them yourself :) tis way you are sure it will be done, as other people might do this in their free time and not always be around
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Savalguga » 07 Jan 2018, 15:47

I think that first there needs to be some discussion about those, because I think I'm not in the position to make changes that are as major as renaming "Karts" to something else, and I don't know what to do with the monologue where Nolok switches between singular and plural (because I don't know which sentence refers to who).

I did correct what I could: "Eliminated", the space before the question mark, and "аддон".
Savalguga

Postby hiker » 08 Jan 2018, 00:30

[quote="Savalguga"]I think that first there needs to be some discussion about those, because I think I'm not in the position to make changes that are as major as renaming "Karts" to something else, and I don't know what to do with the monologue where Nolok switches between singular and plural (because I don't know which sentence refers to who).
/quote]
No one of the core team can help there - most translations are left to the user community, and we can't control when (or if) people are still participating. Typically most translations are only updated when we declare the string freeze for an upcoming release. You can check for previous translators and try to contact them if you are not sure, but we (as in the core team) can't help you with this. Maybe open a separate thread here to make it more obvious to Russian speaker (who might otherwise just skip this thread).

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby GunChleoc » 30 Jan 2018, 13:22

Tagging your fellow translators in Transifex with @<username> is your best option - you can see in the History tab who has contributed translations to each string recently. Note that for some strings, the developer team might show up as authors - these will be old translations that were done on Launchpad before we moved to Transifex. Transifex also has a glossary function that you can use to help with consistency.

On the development side, I recommend that you run pofilter before each release to make sure that the printf filter comes up empty; this will avoid crashes with translations. I have written a shell script for another project - it's GPLv2+, so please feel free to take: https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands ... lations.sh
GunChleoc