[Question to mods] Is it ok to have a quick feedback topic?

[Question to mods] Is it ok to have a quick feedback topic?

Postby Sauer2 » 24 Nov 2017, 23:58

By this I mean:
Person X uploads an asset and other people give feedback what could be improved with very little work.
Mentioning intended use and aesthetics is probably important.

I guessed it would be better to ask, since if this goes anywhere it might require quite a bit of storage on the server.
Sauer2

Re: [Question to mods] Is it ok to have a quick feedback top

Postby hagish » 25 Nov 2017, 02:08

As long as it happens in a sane amount no problem. Any your description sounds sane :).
hagish
Global Moderator

Postby Julius » 25 Nov 2017, 05:37

Can you explain the usecase a bit more? I agree with hagish that it should not be a problem (although we should probably clean up old attachments at some point, as it is already 6GB), but I am interested in how this could maybe be made into a more streamlined experience.

Do you want a temporary image host like imgur with the option to comment, but with files in general? How long should files stay available and what file types/size do you think would be most common?

Also: what would be the advantage over imgur, deviantart or one of the many 3d model starting websites?
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby Sauer2 » 25 Nov 2017, 13:14

@Julius:
The point is getting feedback that can be applied very quick. Honestly I don't know how to make that most streamlined, precise topic rules aside.
Since it's game specific, I hope one gets better feedback here than on imgur, deviantart or one of the many 3d model starting websites.
As for file format and size, it's hard to tell precisely, but beside common image and sound files svg, tga, ora, xcf and blend files should probably included as well. Maybe also Webm and gif, for previews.

As an example:
This is supposed to be the most simple enemy type of a Space Invaders/R-type kind of space shooter.
The background will most likely be a simple starfield. The sterile look is necessary to keep efforts down to a minimum.
I will probably render it from 3 angles for a slighty oblique bobbing.

What can be done to improve it, in particular the way the cockpit looks?

BTW: The blend file is already 500+ KiB.
Attachments
untitled.png
CC0, in case you wondered.
untitled.png (22.96 KiB) Viewed 9852 times
shipV001.blend
Requires at least Blender 2.79 due to using the principal shader. Press F12 to render it directly.
(544.59 KiB) Downloaded 769 times
Sauer2

Postby Julius » 25 Nov 2017, 13:23

I see. Personally I would post this on the OpenGameArt.org forums as you are more likely to get good feedback there to be honest.

But feel free to post these kind of requests under Art&Assets. If if becomes a lot we will probably make a sub-forum for it though.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby Sauer2 » 25 Nov 2017, 13:27

Julius {l Wrote}:Personally I would post this on the OpenGameArt.org forums as you are more likely to get good feedback there to be honest.

Thanks. OpenGameArt it is, then.
Sauer2