CS:2D Game & Community

CS:2D Game & Community

Postby Stefanos » 09 Sep 2016, 11:11

Hello there,

Im here to today to make a presentation about an amazing game.(DOWNLOAD NOW http://www.cs2d.com)

The game is named Counter Strike 2D it's a war game that everyone can play for free!

There is a competive scene and also a lot of tournaments hosted by PCS community.(http://www.cs2d.net)
CS:2D is:
100% FREE & super quick start - load and start playing within seconds
For Windows Win, Linux Linux and Mac MacOS (+ headless server for Win and Linux)
Small and portable, available as ZIP or setup
In English, Portuguese, Turkish, Polish, Russian, Spanish, German, French, 1337 and more coming soon!

Also:
Fast paced online action (or offline against bots!)
All original Counter-Strike 1.6 weapons and many more
Many modes: CS-like, DM, Zombies, Construction...
Easy to use map editor with entity/trigger system
Console & buy scripts like the real CS
Modify & extend with Lua scripts
Many active players around the world, loads of custom maps and scripts!

Game Trailer:
https://www.youtube....0I&noredirect=1

This game includes guns/equip such as:
1 - USP
2 - Glock
3 - Deagle
4 - P228
5 - Elite
6 - Five-Seven
10 - M3
11 - XM1014
20 - MP5
21 - TMP
22 - P90
23 - Mac 10
24 - UMP45
30 - AK-47
31 - SG552
32 - M4A1
33 - Aug
34 - Scout
35 - AWP
36 - G3SG1
37 - SG550
38 - Galil
39 - Famas
40 - M249
41 - Tactical Shield
45 - Laser
46 - Flamethrower
47 - RPG Launcher
48 - Rocket Launcher
49 - Grenade Launcher
50 - Knife
51 - HE
52 - Flashbang
53 - Smoke Grenade
54 - Flare
55 - Bomb
56 - Defuse Kit
57 - Kevlar
58 - Kevlar+Helm
59 - Night Vision
60 - Gas Mask
61 - Primary Ammo
62 - Secondary Ammo
63 - Planted Bomb
64 - Medikit
65 - Bandage
66 - Coins
67 - Money
68 - Gold
69 - Machete
70 - Red Flag
71 - Blue Flag
72 - Gas Grenade
73 - Molotov Cocktail
74 - Wrench
75 - Snowball
76 - Air Strike
77 - Mine
78 - Claw
79 - Light Armor
80 - Armor
81 - Heavy Armor
82 - Medic Armor
83 - Super Armor
84 - Stealth Suit
85 - Chainsaw
86 - Gut Bomb
87 - Laser Mine
88 - Portal Gun
89 - Satchel Charge
90 - M134
91 - FN F2000

More game infos:
1)Game contains chat for talk with another online players around the world.
2)Ban,kick,votekick system.
3)Radar for check where are your teammates!
4)Rank system to see what number you are in the kills.
5)Advanced serverlist with sorting, filters, internet servers, LAN servers, favorites and recently joined lists
6)Friends system and user authentication (U.S.G.N.)
7)Spraylogo-, map- and filetransfer

Why should you create a USGN account at ? What are benefits?
First of all by creating a usgn account you can save your game(kill,deaths,hours you played on the server)
Also you can acheive a rank like VIP,MOD,ADMIN in a server(without usgn you cant do this)
And the most important you can add friends and see when they are online and also chat with them and follow them on the server they are!
For join the competive scene you must have a usgn its rule so they can know its you and not a fake person.

Game Modes
Standard (normal Counter-Strike)
Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
Construction
Zombies!

Create & Extend
Sounds and graphics can be replaced easily
Create and use your own spraylogos
Easy to use map editor
Entity & trigger system
Server-sided Lua script system allows to modify and extend the gameplay
Console & buy scripts like the original Counter-Strike

Download now from http://www.cs2d.com
Stefanos

Re: CS:2D Game & Community

Postby Lyberta » 09 Sep 2016, 12:45

Deleted.
Last edited by Lyberta on 01 Oct 2021, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
Lyberta

Postby charlie » 09 Sep 2016, 13:56

FaTony {l Wrote}:I don't think Valve gave you the permission to use their franchise.

Yes, an important point and also one that has implications in the open source development world (I think back to the Freecraft/Stratagus saga, for example).

FaTony {l Wrote}:Also, no source code - not free as in freedom. Doesn't belong here.

Well this is 'off-topic' so perhaps that's a bit harsh.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Hajt » 09 Sep 2016, 15:48

Stefanos isn't owner of the game. He just made a topic to promote this great game. I hope it's allowed.

FaTony {l Wrote}:I don't think Valve gave you the permission to use their franchise.

Counter-Strike 2D exist since 2004 and from what I know the game developer didn't have any problems with permission to use their franchise.

FaTony {l Wrote}:Also, no source code - not free as in freedom. Doesn't belong here.

The first beta version has been released under an open-source licence, here's a link if you are interested.
Hajt

Postby charlie » 10 Sep 2016, 00:36

Hajt {l Wrote}:The first beta version has been released under an open-source licence, here's a link if you are interested.

Indeed it is (the readme in the linked download states GPL). So in fact this could probably be moved to Showcase & Collaboration...
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Akien » 10 Sep 2016, 06:51

charlie {l Wrote}:
Hajt {l Wrote}:The first beta version has been released under an open-source licence, here's a link if you are interested.

Indeed it is (the readme in the linked download states GPL). So in fact this could probably be moved to Showcase & Collaboration...

What about current releases? Did the license change after this first beta, or if not, where can we find the GPL source code of the current version?
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby Lyberta » 10 Sep 2016, 13:42

Deleted.
Last edited by Lyberta on 01 Oct 2021, 04:34, edited 1 time in total.
Lyberta

Postby Wuzzy » 30 Sep 2016, 12:27

I know CS2D very well and have played it for a LONG time throughout its beta and even alpha stages and now it is considered “finished”. (it's past version 1.0.0.0)

CS2D is being developed almost entirely by DC (aka Peter Schauß) from http://www.unrealsoftware.de. By the way, I'm one of the oldest users on these forums and you will find me on http://www.unrealsoftware.de as the user “Kiffer-Opa”, but I haven't been active there since many years.

CS2D is your typical proprietary freeware, its latest release is definitely not free software. Don't waste time in searching for the public source code, there is none. It's true, the beta mentioned before is free software (IIRC) but it is now so outdated it's almost useless. DC has rewritten CS2D from scratch after this beta. There have been a few discussions about “liberating” the software in the past years, but so far these were unsuccessful and were explicitly denied by DC.
I can't recall the exact arguments for keeping the game non-free but as far I know they were pretty weak. Like “What about the cheaters?”, etc.

If I recall correctly, CS2D is written in the BlitzMax programming language (or some other of the “Blitz” languages, not sure). The only BlitzMax compiler and IDE was proprietary for a long time but in the past months it got released as free software. Another of the arguments against liberating CS2D was that it would be of no use for many since it requires the proprietary BlitzMax compiler. But now this argument doesn't make sense anymore. :)

DC is certainly not completely opposed to the free software idea, he released some older games with source code on http://www.unrealsoftware.de (but not under a free software license, sadly, probably because of a misunderstanding of the term “open source”). So there *might* be a chance to convince DC otherwise, especially since the circumstances have changed after all these years. I would be really glad to see CS2D being liberated.

Quite recently, DC has “opened up” CS2D development a little bit by allowing a few trusted developers to contribute to the project. The project as such is still pretty much closed and controlled by DC.

I am not sure about of the copyright status of all the media files, but I know that Vavle never threatened Unreal Software. Whether this is an oversight, they just don't care or there is simply no copyright infringement at all, I don't know.
Wuzzy

Postby Lyberta » 01 Oct 2016, 12:12

Deleted.
Last edited by Lyberta on 01 Oct 2021, 04:34, edited 1 time in total.
Lyberta

Postby jeanramos » 10 Mar 2017, 06:31

Could anyone please send the source code?
jeanramos

Postby Hajt » 14 Sep 2019, 13:41

CS2D is available on steam if someone would like to play this game :)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/666220/CS2D/

Akien {l Wrote}:
charlie {l Wrote}:

What about current releases? Did the license change after this first beta, or if not, where can we find the GPL source code of the current version?

CS2D is freeware and current releases are closed source, so yes DC changed it after first beta.

jeanramos {l Wrote}:Could anyone please send the source code?

The source code of cs2d 0.1.0.0 is open source, but code is from over 10 years, here's link to download.
Hajt

Postby Ntech » 15 Sep 2019, 18:39

Awesome! I love the fact that the System Requirements are really low!
Deo gratias, Ave Maria
Ntech