Wyrmsun 2.3.1

Wyrmsun 2.3.1

Postby Andrettin » 09 Jul 2016, 21:08

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- 2.3.1 Changelog
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Abilities
- Dwarven Witnesses can now learn Healing when leveling up.

* Buildings
- Fixed issue which caused buying potions from temples to be queued while a priest was being trained, instead of happening immediately.
- Added Goblin Dock (graphics by Jinn).
- Added Latin Stables (graphics by Wildfire Games and Jinn).

* Heroes
- Fixed issue which prevented a Schutze hero from being created.

* Items
- Added Book item (icon by Mrmo Tarius); literary works contained in books will increase their respective Knowledge sphere by 3 rather than 1.
- Added Book of Retraining, which allows a character to repick their abilities.
- Added the unique Thursagan's Book, which not only increases Knowledge (Magic) by 3, but also gives the character a permanent bonus to fire resistance.
- The literary works "De Bello Gallico", "Meditations", "Notitia Dignitatum" and "Historia Ecclesiastica Venerabilis Bedae" are now books instead of scrolls.

* Miscellaneous
- The entry for each world in the encyclopedia now displays a list of its sapient inhabitants and its fauna.
- The inhabitants of each plane now appear in a list in their encyclopedia entry.
- Updated the "Knowledge (Magic)" Game Concepts entry to say that literary works are usually dropped from town halls and temples.
- Fixed an issue which caused the key scroll speed preferences to not be loaded at game start.

* Quest
- The Mercenary Camp is no longer present in The Binding of Graftvitnir quest, as the player couldn't hire from it anyway (since farms can't be be built during the mission).
- The player now starts with a dwarven Witness who can heal in The Binding of Grafvitnir quest. On easy difficulty the player gets two healers instead.
- Fixed issue which prevented the Hills of the Shorbear Clan mission from being completed.

* Units
- Insects no longer show up in the minimap.
- Added Adelobasileus (prehistoric mammal-like animal) (icon by Mrmo Tarius, modified from Jinn's rat icon). This creature appears only in custom maps.
- Animals now seek shelter in stumps and holes at night (or day, if they are nocturnal).
- Animals are now more apt at finding a breeding mate.
- Increased the probability that birds and bats will have offspring.
Andrettin
Wyrmsun Moderator

Re: Wyrmsun 2.3.1

Postby charlie » 23 Jul 2016, 20:09

Just downloaded on Steam and played through the first few Germanic missions. Nice game so far!

Notes:
- food bought at farms wasn't healing my main character
- battles seemed a bit chaotic; felt I lacked control over what my units were doing
- suffers from the age old "too many units going through a gap" pathfinding problem whereby the units at the back turn back and try the long way around
- is there a unit grouping feature?
- formations? That would be neat.
- loading text was probably slowing down loading, it was flashing that quickly; better to just have a progressbar
- I scaled up the window and went fullscreen with my laptop resolution (1366x768) but the world select (earth / realm-I-forget) did not scale whilst the rest of the menus did
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Andrettin » 24 Jul 2016, 17:46

charlie {l Wrote}:Just downloaded on Steam and played through the first few Germanic missions. Nice game so far!

Thank you!

Notes:
- food bought at farms wasn't healing my main character

The main character has an inventory, so the food shouldn't trigger immediately for it, instead going into its inventory. Is that what was happening?

- battles seemed a bit chaotic; felt I lacked control over what my units were doing
- suffers from the age old "too many units going through a gap" pathfinding problem whereby the units at the back turn back and try the long way around

Yes - that's indeed something which should be eventually improved and fixed.

- is there a unit grouping feature?

Yes, just select the units you want, and then press Ctrl+(number).

Would be pretty neat indeed; unfortunately they aren't possible yet in the game.

- loading text was probably slowing down loading, it was flashing that quickly; better to just have a progressbar

That's a good idea; we actually already have code for that (written by Marcelo Fernandez), but no progress bar graphics yet.

- I scaled up the window and went fullscreen with my laptop resolution (1366x768) but the world select (earth / realm-I-forget) did not scale whilst the rest of the menus did

You mean in the quests screen? I just tried that there, but unfortunately couldn't replicate the issue.
Andrettin
Wyrmsun Moderator

Postby charlie » 24 Jul 2016, 18:42

Andrettin {l Wrote}:

Would be pretty neat indeed; unfortunately they aren't possible yet in the game
Yeah, I didn't expect them to be done yet. Just raising the thought. Obviously things like keeping ranged units behind melee units.

You mean in the quests screen? I just tried that there, but unfortunately couldn't replicate the issue.[/quote]
I didn't restart the game after changing the resolution, and did so from within the RTS part - I wonder if the quest menu screen was cached?

Another problem seems to be stuttering of the music in the victory/menu screens. It's not obvious but something isn't quite right.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Andrettin » 28 Jul 2016, 15:17

charlie {l Wrote}:I didn't restart the game after changing the resolution, and did so from within the RTS part - I wonder if the quest menu screen was cached?

Ah! Yes, something like that. The latest menu state is "saved" so to speak.

Another problem seems to be stuttering of the music in the victory/menu screens. It's not obvious but something isn't quite right.

Hmm, which OAML version are you using?
Andrettin
Wyrmsun Moderator

Postby KroArtem » 28 Jul 2016, 18:01

Btw, it doesn't seem to depend on OAML version. It's like once music starts to glitch or to lay on itself.
Anyway, OAML developer doesn't seem to be active.
KroArtem