Wyrmsun in the University of Vienna

Wyrmsun in the University of Vienna

Postby Andrettin » 26 May 2016, 15:01

The day before yesterday I talked about Wyrmsun in the "Neue Medien in Geschichtswissenschaft und Geschichtsunterricht" ("New Media in the Historical Sciences and in the Teaching of History") workshop in the University of Vienna :)

It was a a very nice experience. I discussed the game, it's historical and mythological background, as well as the in-game encyclopedia. Naturally, the open-source nature of the project was also talked about, and the importance of it being free software. The students used the map editor to create their own historical scenarios. And finally, I showed a bit of the code's structure and the script data.
Andrettin
Wyrmsun Moderator

Re: Wyrmsun in the University of Vienna

Postby Akien » 27 May 2016, 06:54

That sounds great, I wish I would have been around to attend it :D
I was amazed to see the extensive bibliography and research you've been doing for this game; it really shows that the quality it achieves in its universe is not just natural talent, but also fond work :)
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Re: Wyrmsun in the University of Vienna

Postby Andrettin » 27 May 2016, 14:04

Akien {l Wrote}:That sounds great, I wish I would have been around to attend it :D
I was amazed to see the extensive bibliography and research you've been doing for this game; it really shows that the quality it achieves in its universe is not just natural talent, but also fond work :)

Thanks Akien, I appreciate the nice words :)
Andrettin
Wyrmsun Moderator