SuperTuxKart 0.6.2a for AmigaOS 4.1 (PowerPC)

SuperTuxKart 0.6.2a for AmigaOS 4.1 (PowerPC)

Postby xeno74 » 23 Aug 2010, 21:09

Image Image

New: A binary of SuperTuxKart 0.6.2a for AmigaOS 4.1 has been made by kas1e (amigans.net) :)

Screenshots (Click to enlarge):

Image Image Image

Cover (Click to download):

Screenshot Amiga OS 4.1 without STK (Click to enlarge):

Download:

supertuxkart-0.6.2a-amigaos-4.1-ppc-binary.lha.zip (supertuxkart.sourceforge.net)

supertuxkart-0.6.2a-amigaos-4.1-ppc-binary.lha (supertuxkart.de)

Quote kas1e (amigans.net):

You need to download datafile for game (i upload only binary, because data files are huge, about 100 mb packed). Here you can download any archive for any OS, and just extract Data directory somethere and put binary in the directoy where you will have that Data directory. If you will setup WB to 16 bit, switch game to 640x480, turn off music/sound, then on more or less fast cpu (1ghz) it can be playable about 15 fps. But of course no fan, and un-enjoement.

In case of problems with STK kas1e happy to help you -> amigans.net

Last edited by xeno74 on 13 Oct 2010, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
xeno74

Re: SuperTuxKart 0.6.2a for AmigaOS 4.1 (PowerPC)

Postby Arthur » 23 Aug 2010, 21:20

Wow, there can't be many desktop architectures and/or OS left now - great work done by all the STK fans out there. :)
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby xeno74 » 08 Oct 2010, 12:28

A new binary of SuperTuxKart 0.6.2a for AmigaOS 4.1 has been made by kas1e (amigans.net) :)

Quote kas1e:

@All
I upload on os4depot final port of "Super Tux Kart". No more crashes/freezes/lockups on exit (they was because of that the same problem called "minigl not check on present/unpresent state to avoid overhead, but many coders think that opengl should do that for them (well, on linux/win32 it is)", so i just comment out few "delete", and while it will eat some memory on exit, it will works without lockups (ugly fix, but better than lockups). Of course bugs still possible, so feel free to say about and i will try to fix them.

The whole archive are 110mb, with all data included , what mean you not need to download anything else (like data files) from somethere, just download archive, unpack and test.

Be sure that you have the latest OS and MiniGL (maybe it will works on other than 4.1 u 2, but becase of the past bugs which was fixed, the last version of OS are the best choice as usual). Game compiled statically, without refering to any .so , so all what you need its right libs and latest aos.

Be carefull, game are pretty slow even on Pegasos2 with 1ghz, due to our slow OpenGL realisation. In 640x480, few tracks are pretty playable (for example "Around the LightHouse" or "Snow Mountain"), but others mostly un-playble slow (5-10 fps) even on 1ghz. That all happenes because of our OpenGL, which for first do Transformation, Lighting and Clipping in software mode (i.e. by CPU), and because of that, CPU speed are matter, and for second it works over old interfaces (like warp3d). But even with that realisation of OpenGL, even single core at 1.8ghz will be more than enough (fingers crossed for x1000 tests)

If you want to see how fast (or slow) it works on peg2/1ghz/radeon9250, i make a little video and put it on youtube:

video in action

In others, all what you need its unpack, and run.

Enjoy !

Download (SourceForge): supertuxkart-0.6.2a-amigaos-4.1-ppc.lha.zip

Screenshot (Click to enlarge):

Xeno
Last edited by xeno74 on 13 Oct 2010, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
xeno74

Postby charlie » 08 Oct 2010, 13:10

That is pretty cool.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby xeno74 » 13 Oct 2010, 12:09

Hi,

Image http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de is online Image

Important note:

You need for STK/Amiga new minigl.library and mglut.library :)

Downloads:

Kas1e's minigl.library

Kas1e's mglut.library

Xeno
xeno74