Preparing the 0.6 Announcement!

Preparing the 0.6 Announcement!

Postby Bertram » 30 Jul 2015, 23:43

Hey there,

Here is a pitiful attempt at welcoming the birth of the evil 0.6 release :)
Feel free to laugh at my writing skills and then fix my typos, grammar insanities, ...

---
0.6.0 - Oh my, there is Fire!

Welcome back once again my minions, I'm utterly disappointed to say that even with weeks of biting, slapping, tickling, smashing, and drooling(?), the Open Dungeons Team is still sane enough in a ... deplorable sane way.

Still, we know our dark business, and it seems an obscure spell cast on them (involving mixing certain beverage with grandmother's teeth, but nevermind), finally made those poor fools release something again. Let me glance at what it is... Erm.. Ah yes! 0.6.0, and with particles effects!

Yes, hwoarangmy wanted some light along those dark corridors, and added a few delightfully efficient spells with particles. I especially find the one who make them, well, burn refreshing. Ahh, what a pleasant way to welcome our dearest dungeon friends alone in the dark, isn't it? If you're lucky to survive long enough, you may even see particles on other delightful attacks.

Those nice new spells will have to be searched in libraries of course where you'll finally set the research order yourself, along with new surprises, like, Oh Doors, at last a magnificient way to lock up creatures, people and chicken away from your room when you need concentration. I can't believe we didn't think about inventing that earlier! It's even slap-proof!

New graphics have also been added, especially on the tileset, and our workers have been adding another brick on our walls to the dark tyranny! Blame Danimal for that nice remodelling.
And feel free to help him about all that if you have any skills at modelling. :)

Creature Mood icons! Now, you'll finally be able to tell at a glance the mood of your creatures thanks to new icons made by hwoarangmy and Danimal. You'll no longer have an excuse to ignore their endless complains, their sleepy eyes, and their hungry stomachs. You'll have to openly admit you don't care. ;>

Several levels have been upgraded with latest features and we also added a menu permitting to play Lan levels even when you're the only one playing.
The wave portals, spawning endless attacking creatures waves can now have a random team target, or a preferred one, adding some spice to existing levels.
To celebrate that new feature, a whole new world erm level was made thanks to Akien who loves action levels and will show you how!

And that's not all!

New minimap! That one will show you in a much better fashion how far your domain spread and more is to come in that area! ;)

In-game settings menu support! Replacing the Ogre config and adding sounds level support.

Dedicated server support with command-line parameters. That one will make your LANs so much more enjoyable, even if we didn't added electricity in dungeons yet.

Allow to display callstack when a crash occurs with MSVS2013 versions: If your favorite dungeon underground cleaning application may ever crash, you won't have anymore excuses not to give us the trace it printed before dying.

Readded support for Direct3D renderer on Windows: For those who prefer HLSL. (I think it means HighLord SLaying, or something close.)

Grab the download execuable and .... Enjoy!!!
Last edited by Bertram on 31 Jul 2015, 12:43, edited 4 times in total.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Re: Preparing the 0.6 Announcement!

Postby Danimal » 30 Jul 2015, 23:56

hey, its pretty nice :)
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby eugeneloza » 31 Jul 2015, 08:17

And it's not finished!!

Maybe, you've meant 'And that's not all!' or 'But we don't stop!'
eugeneloza

Postby hwoarangmy » 31 Jul 2015, 08:45

Bertram {l Wrote}:Those nice new spells will have to be searched in libraries

Bertram {l Wrote}:And feel free to help him about all that

Bertram {l Wrote}:The wave portals, spawning endless attacking creatures waves can now now have

Concerning the text, it is pretty nice ^^
Well done.
hwoarangmy

Postby Bertram » 31 Jul 2015, 12:45

@eugeneloza @hwoarangmy @danimal
Thanks mates. I've fixed the typos seen there. If you see something lacking, feel free to point out.
I guess also that as soon as the RC1 is out, we should use it to create pictures and add them along the text. :)
Bertram
VT Moderator