Some tracks don't appear ...

Some tracks don't appear ...

Postby Crendgrim » 26 Sep 2010, 13:04

I don't know whether this is a bug or a problem of mine, so I'll only describe it:
Some tracks doesn't appear in the track menu: City, Racetrack and the battle track Prehistoric. Is this intended or not?

Crendgrim
Crendgrim

Re: Some tracks don't appear ...

Postby ggreenn » 26 Sep 2010, 14:53

That's just because those tracks have not been converted yet, I don't think. :D
ggreenn

Postby Teh Matt » 26 Sep 2010, 15:59

Sorry if you have already considered this, but do these tracks require unlocking by completing challenges?
Teh Matt

Postby Crendgrim » 26 Sep 2010, 16:54

There are a few other tracks (like Fort Magma) which appeared locked in the menu. (I unlocked them with challenges)
But these tracks aren't even there. And, I'm sure that racetrack doesn't have got a .challenge file ...

Besides, it's only possible to do 4 (in fact 3) Challenges; then the unlocking stops (I "cheated" to try whether the tracks became unlocked - I changed the .challenge file for "collecting nitro in oliver's math class").
I don't know where the problem is ...

Crendgrim
Crendgrim

Postby Auria » 26 Sep 2010, 16:57

Hi,

ggreenn is right, it's simply because they have not been converted yet. We welcome anyone who would like to help us with this task

But regarding the city track, we most likely will not include it by default in STK, it's too long, the road is too narrow and there are steep parts that give trouble to the physics
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Crendgrim » 26 Sep 2010, 18:54

Ah, ok.
It was because I thought I had read anywhere that the Racetrack was converted successfully...
Well, nevermind. That answered my question.

Crendgrim
Crendgrim

Postby Teh Matt » 26 Sep 2010, 20:36

But regarding the city track, we most likely will not include it by default in STK, it's too long, the road is too narrow and there are steep parts that give trouble to the physics

I'm pleased with this :)
City always gave me problems going up those hills, and I never really liked the track (mainly because there was no good way to take shortcuts.)
Teh Matt

Postby Pixel » 26 Sep 2010, 21:25

Crendgrim {l Wrote}:Ah, ok.
It was because I thought I had read anywhere that the Racetrack was converted successfully...
Well, nevermind. That answered my question.

Crendgrim

I'm currently responsible for converting the Racetrack. It still needs a lot of attention, but I hope to have it done in time to release with 0.7. I haven't worked on it in awhile
because I've been stuck, but I'm hoping to look at it again sometime during the next week and see if I can get it going again.

Here is the thread where it is being discussed. Please stay tuned to it for further updates.
Pixel