The Guy in a swim suit

The Guy in a swim suit

Postby drex » 01 May 2015, 20:54

I had been given a task of making a character of a guy in a swim suit so here's it is though it has incomplete face texture.

Thanks for your submission :). I have included your work in the game
commit #16307

Attachments
Guy.zip
blend file plus texture
(569.19 KiB) Downloaded 850 times
drex

Re: The Guy in a swim suit

Postby charlie » 02 May 2015, 03:04

This for Super Tux or Super Tux Kart?
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Akien » 02 May 2015, 08:20

charlie {l Wrote}:This for Super Tux or Super Tux Kart?

SuperTuxKart :)
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby charlie » 02 May 2015, 10:09

I moved it to the correct forum. ;)
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby ArDanWol » 02 May 2015, 12:52

Wow! Looks nice! :) I've been thinking we need a couple guys in Gran Paradiso Island. It's rather overwhelming with all these identical copies of Sara. ;) You should probably make several variations of with different colored swimsuits or hair to give some variety (it shouldn't be that hard).
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby samuncle » 02 May 2015, 13:46

yep it's the plan we will add several characters with several different colors/swimsuit
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby ArDanWol » 02 May 2015, 15:43

We should probably also make a tourist guy/girl for in the airport (normal touristy clothes and maybe a camera or suitcase/baggage). When was the last time you saw someone wearing a swimsuit in an airport? :D :lol: :) ;)
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
ArDanWol

Postby samuncle » 02 May 2015, 16:10

Sure you are welcome to contribute and do it :).

There is a baggage belt just at the outside of the airport. Having some bags/suitcase/stuff going like in real airport would be cool.
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby Auria » 03 May 2015, 01:47

Looks very nice, good work!

Only one thing, I'm not convinced by the spiky hair, maybe we can find a different way to do hair?
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby drex » 20 May 2015, 17:07

Image i first made this hair style but i thought its not that good
drex

Postby Auria » 21 May 2015, 02:16

Nice work! Looks very good. That will be perfect for the beach
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby drex » 28 May 2015, 16:24

Auria {l Wrote}:Nice work! Looks very good. That will be perfect for the beach

ok here's .blend file with texture for above shown Character
Attachments
Guy.zip
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 827 times
drex

Postby Tobbi » 28 May 2015, 23:17

Suggestion: While looking at that hair, it reminds me of a cappy. Wouldn't that look great, and be fitting as well?

What does everyone think?
SuperTux developer.
Tobbi
SuperTux Moderator

Postby charlie » 28 May 2015, 23:29

ardanwol {l Wrote}:We should probably also make a tourist guy/girl for in the airport (normal touristy clothes and maybe a camera or suitcase/baggage). When was the last time you saw someone wearing a swimsuit in an airport? :D :lol: :) ;)

Well, there was that time I went to Cancun for a few weeks and my friend and I attempted to board the return flight in speedos.... :twisted:
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby samuncle » 02 Jun 2015, 10:51

Drex Congratulation, your work has been included in SuperTuxKart :D.

Sorry, I should have answered sooner :). I have been busy with the redesign of our website.

I few suggestion, I removed the poly inside the swim short (we will never see them so they are useless). I also used a mirror and reduced the size of the texture by half. Using a mirror in that kind of situation is very helpful because it allows you to have a virtually bigger texture and also it's less work (you have to texture only a half of the body).

If you want you can do a 3D model of a woman. So we can have a consistent style among the public. I will do the texture if you do it (just like this one).
Also your model are good enough to go directly in the asset submission sub section. So the next time you make an object you are welcome to submit in this section :).

The result:
swim.jpg

Thanks for your work
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby ArDanWol » 03 Jun 2015, 01:59

samuncle {l Wrote}:Drex Congratulation, your work has been included in SuperTuxKart :D.

Sorry, I should have answered sooner :). I have been busy with the redesign of our website.

I few suggestion, I removed the poly inside the swim short (we will never see them so they are useless). I also used a mirror and reduced the size of the texture by half. Using a mirror in that kind of situation is very helpful because it allows you to have a virtually bigger texture and also it's less work (you have to texture only a half of the body).

If you want you can do a 3D model of a woman. So we can have a consistent style among the public. I will do the texture if you do it (just like this one).
Also your model are good enough to go directly in the asset submission sub section. So the next time you make an object you are welcome to submit in this section :).

The result:
swim.jpg

Thanks for your work

Looks nice! Could we include an updated version of scene.xml for Gran Paradiso Island here that includes this dude's asset?
ArDanWol

Postby drex » 11 Jun 2015, 20:43

samuncle {l Wrote}:

Thanks for your work

Thanks for this great opportunity i will start working on it right away and will show you my progress on irc. :)
drex

Postby samuncle » 23 Jun 2015, 16:23

:) glad to hear that. As soon as I have the model I will make the texture.
samuncle
STK Moderator