Questions ...

Questions ...

Postby rudy85 » 31 Aug 2010, 18:33

What are possibilities to include 3D models with other free licence ? are they compatible with cc by sa ?

how can I do rotating textures , animations during race ? Did someone made a "how to" ?

What are the new about blender materials ? about shaders and other ?

Who are other 3d artist I want specially exchanging with them ?

Did you think about a winning and a losing sound for each character ?
STK 3D animation
My work is under the licence you want
rudy85

Re: Questions ...

Postby Auria » 31 Aug 2010, 19:12

rudy85 {l Wrote}:What are possibilities to include 3D models with other free licence ? are they compatible with cc by sa ?

licensing is a very complex matters; it's all about license compatibility and is a case-by-case problem, I can't give a general rule

rudy85 {l Wrote}:how can I do rotating textures , animations during race ? Did someone made a "how to" ?

This information can be found here : http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Track_exporter
It could be improved but it's there

rudy85 {l Wrote}:What are the new about blender materials ? about shaders and other ?

I don't understand "the new about blender materials", sorry. We have no shader support at the moment.

rudy85 {l Wrote}:Who are other 3d artist I want specially exchanging with them ?

I don't understand, sorry

rudy85 {l Wrote}:Did you think about a winning and a losing sound for each character ?

We had a character voice system set up some time ago; if someone can give us a nice set of sounds/voices we can use it
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby rudy85 » 31 Aug 2010, 20:28

Auria {l Wrote}: rudy85 wrote:What are the new about blender materials ? about shaders and other ?

I don't understand "the new about blender materials", sorry. We have no shader support at the moment.

I mean about mirrors for exemple , and also , smoke rain fog ... ?

Auria {l Wrote}: rudy85 wrote:Who are other 3d artist I want specially exchanging with them ?

I don't understand, sorry

You know who is doing what , me not : I know that xapantu hiker and you doing code , Asciimonster is doing 3D and code
In tchat or in forum I think It's easyier if we know who is doing what.
STK 3D animation
rudy85

Postby Auria » 01 Sep 2010, 00:58

Mirrors, smoke or rain are not currently supported. Fog can be done (I don't know if the track editor supports it or only the XML file?)

About who is doing what, I do not have access to more sources of information than you; we have quite few "permanent" core members, we also have many occasionnal and one-time contributors, too numerous for me to remember them all. The most complete source of names is probably the in-game credits
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby rudy85 » 01 Sep 2010, 06:52

I will see them , thanks
STK 3D animation
rudy85