problem with track exporter

problem with track exporter

Postby rudy85 » 29 Aug 2010, 21:11

Hello

I meet a problem with track exporter and ubuntu. I put b3d_export.py and Stk_track-0.7.py in /usr/share/blender/scripts

Here a screenshot

Problem with track exporter script.png
STK 3D animation
My work is under the licence you want
rudy85

Re: problem with track exporter

Postby Auria » 29 Aug 2010, 21:36

Please run Blender from terminal, and post here what is printed on the terminal when the error occurs
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby hiker » 29 Aug 2010, 23:44

rudy85 {l Wrote}:Hello

I meet a problem with track exporter and ubuntu. I put b3d_export.py and Stk_track-0.7.py in /usr/share/blender/scripts

Here a screenshot

Problem with track exporter script.png

Not sure if the red line in the script window is an indication of the problem line: if so, you have not installed the b3d exporter. Note that you need 'our' b3d exporter, since we have added some (for us) important features.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby xapantu » 30 Aug 2010, 09:45

I am using Ubuntu too.
So, if you had the stk_track python script, you must'nt launch it with your text editor ! It must be in the menu File->Export->Stk track (or somrthing like this). I didn't test, but if it isn't in the menu, there is a problem.
xapantu

Postby hiker » 30 Aug 2010, 23:41

xapantu {l Wrote}:I am using Ubuntu too.
So, if you had the stk_track python script, you must'nt launch it with your text editor ! It must be in the menu File->Export->Stk track (or somrthing like this). I didn't test, but if it isn't in the menu, there is a problem.

I regularly launch the script from the text editor, that should work, too. Most likely culprit is still the b3d exporter, which (iirc) must be installed in the blender script directory (and it must be our version).

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby xapantu » 31 Aug 2010, 08:50

hiker {l Wrote}:
xapantu {l Wrote}:I am using Ubuntu too.

I regularly launch the script from the text editor, that should work, too. Most likely culprit is still the b3d exporter, which (iirc) must be installed in the blender script directory (and it must be our version).

The problem is that if the track exporter and the b3d exporter aren't in the same directory, the track exporter can't locate the b3d exporter. So, if he put the two scripts in the same directory and he uses the script that is in this directory, there shouldn't be any problem.
xapantu