Rock Golem

Re: Rock Golem

Postby Danimal » 17 Jul 2014, 10:28

Dm3d You sure are a perfeccionist :) ; i think the models is already complete and ill try to import today. Could you ready the animations in the bettle golem as well? im useless in the animation stuff and the only thing left for it to work is that.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 17 Jul 2014, 13:24

New models are lifting my spirit up ....
How about yours , unimplemented models Danimal ; like those : http://opengameart.org/content/fantasy-training-target http://opengameart.org/content/mecha-training-dummy
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 17 Jul 2014, 18:37

Summer and my beachhouse are breaking my will, my friend :cool:
Im still on them, but very slowly...
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 17 Jul 2014, 20:29

Well, could you teach your beaches how to model things in Blender as a gratification ? Then you could push much more models together for Open Dungeons :),
Regards,
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 17 Jul 2014, 20:38

well, since most coders are on their holidays its expected things will go slowly here, but dont worry, i have some pretty nice things hidden for later ;)

How is the map creator and culling coming along? we need that culling to up our total polis, im planning some kickass knigths when im done with my current tasks and dont want the game to die of poly overdose :) .

New models are lifting my spirit up ....

I personally cant even believe how much progress we have made this year, from a broken uncompilable mess to something that makes digging aroung nice, i cant wait for real combat and creature caretaking simulation
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 17 Jul 2014, 20:39

BTW: The culling of creatures works out-of-the-box since a looooooooooong time ago.
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 17 Jul 2014, 20:45

No deadly crashes when using it? What are you doing at the moment Paul?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 17 Jul 2014, 20:55

No deadly .... have you seen such .... the tile culling crashes sometimes ... but not the creature culling ....

Hmm I am learning german :) ....
Regarding OD : I do the RM code split plus I have this debugging window code to be merged , but Bertram is out and cannot help merging it ....
What is your primary langauge ? We could chat a little in your native language .... if it's German or Spanish in the near future ...
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 17 Jul 2014, 21:56

My mother tongue is spanish, if you ever feel like learning it we can hang at the irc :)
How is you map creator implementation?, that sounded very useful to populate maps
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 18 Jul 2014, 00:58

Good news! we will be getting a new goblin model very soon, we gotta be watching OGA closely this days
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Dm3d » 18 Jul 2014, 01:10

Danimal {l Wrote}:Dm3d You sure are a perfeccionist :) .

I've been really trying to keep that tendency restrained.. If I don't, it would take me months to finish a single model :( .

Danimal {l Wrote}: i think the models is already complete and ill try to import today. Could you ready the animations in the bettle golem as well? im useless in the animation stuff and the only thing left for it to work is that.

Great, can't wait to see it in action and done: http://opengameart.org/content/beetle-golem-animated!

paul424 {l Wrote}:Well, could you teach your beaches how to model things in Blender as a gratification ? Then you could push much more models together for Open Dungeons :),
Regards,

You might be on to something there Paul!
Danimal:"Today you're going to learn how to make 3d death traps and torture devices!! :D "
People: :shock: :o :? :( :eew: :think: :| > :lol: <Potential OpenDungeons Contributor Spotted!!]
Dm3d

Postby Danimal » 18 Jul 2014, 18:23

The only models i like to see in the beach are topless girls :lol:

And here you have this big boy ready for the kill, i had to change a few things for it to work; origin of everything needs to be at the geometry center, else it walks buried and with only its head poking out; i scaled inside of mouth so no hole in its jaws (no mesh) could be seem from above and renamed "Death" animation to "Die". Sadly sleep or special moves animation calls are still not integrated in code, but we will eventually get there :)

All in all a great work here M3dm, bettle golem golem is next on line ;)

***EDIT: i updated the troll models to correct an animation name so it properly sleeps now***
Attachments
Troll no normals.zip
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 379 times
Troll with normals.zip
(4.5 MiB) Downloaded 379 times
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Dm3d » 19 Jul 2014, 17:40

Danimal {l Wrote}:The only models i like to see in the beach are topless girls :lol:

And here you have this big boy ready for the kill, i had to change a few things for it to work; origin of everything needs to be at the geometry center, else it walks buried and with only its head poking out; i scaled inside of mouth so no hole in its jaws (no mesh) could be seem from above and renamed "Death" animation to "Die". Sadly sleep or special moves animation calls are still not integrated in code, but we will eventually get there :)

All in all a great work here M3dm, bettle golem golem is next on line ;)

Cheers to that!

I'll make sure to center the geometry in the future ;) . no worries, I'll just be glad to see it walking around in game.
Dm3d

Postby Bertram » 30 Jul 2014, 23:01

Rock golem in. Thanks for the marvellous models :)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Dm3d » 09 Aug 2014, 20:30

Update:
Troll.tar.gz
Troll.mesh + Troll.skeleton + Troll_Rock.mesh
(799.54 KiB) Downloaded 392 times

I believe I fixed all looping issues, here's the updated .mesh/.skeleton files. ;)
Dm3d

Postby Bertram » 13 Aug 2014, 08:26

Thanks!! I'll integrate this one asap + Basic hatchery room almost ready, btw. (No food system but at least, it's in place.)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 13 Aug 2014, 11:07

With chickens running around? :)
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 13 Aug 2014, 12:36

Hi,

As hwoarangmy is refactoring some creature-room logic. I may use that to create wandering entities afterwards. :)
But it will be in another step, unfortunately. All the blame is to be put on Akien, though, as he was very clever in doing feed-back on VT, and I still have a lot of issues to fix there. ;)

This means he'll deserve a proper crush on our next lan. ;P
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby hwoarangmy » 13 Aug 2014, 12:45

If needed, I can add support for the hatchery. Training is almost done and I added the logic to force a creature to train by dropping it in the training room :)
hwoarangmy

Postby Bertram » 13 Aug 2014, 12:51

If needed, I can add support for the hatchery. Training is almost done and I added the logic to force a creature to train by dropping it in the training room :)

Cool! :D

Feel free to steal the issue from me. I added the links to the necessary resources there.

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 13 Aug 2014, 12:55

Please hold onto that forcing logic, we will need it for researching, praying, forging...
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby hwoarangmy » 13 Aug 2014, 13:09

Bertram {l Wrote}:Feel free to steal the issue from me. I added the links to the necessary resources there.
Ok I will have a look.

Danimal {l Wrote}:Please hold onto that forcing logic, we will need it for researching, praying, forging...
Yes, that's what I've prepared. For coders, I renamed the training variables in the creatures by working variables (I tried to be as generic as possible). When a creature is dropped in a room, I added an overridable function to decide if a creature can be dropped there (so that each room can decide if the creature can work there or not). If it returns true, the working room is set and the creature is added in the list of creatures using the room. From there, the room handles the creature logic as it can be very different depending on which room (torture, prison, training, ...).
If someone wants to do that in a room, he can just have a look in the training room to see how it is done. Unless there is an unusual behaviour, modding the room should be enough when adding new rooms. There is still one thing we have to decide : how do we handle specific creatures to go to specific rooms (like black mistress ib torture room, wizards in library, ...) ? Could be something in creature def...
hwoarangmy

Postby Akien » 13 Aug 2014, 13:10

Danimal {l Wrote}:Please hold onto that forcing logic, we will need it for researching, praying, forging...

So we probably need a tile-based logic, that would associate a given room action with the corresponding room tiles, eventually falling back to the normal behaviour if the room action cannot be performed (no free beds in quarters for example).
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby Danimal » 13 Aug 2014, 13:24

There is still one thing we have to decide : how do we handle specific creatures to go to specific rooms (like black mistress ib torture room, wizards in library, ...) ? Could be something in creature def...

Bertram has plans to add monster work preferences and values on the creature.def so they choose to research or train based on them
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby hwoarangmy » 13 Aug 2014, 13:32

Danimal {l Wrote}:Bertram has plans to add monster work preferences and values on the creature.def so they choose to research or train based on them
Ok, let's wait for that. In the meantime, we can always force them by dropping.
hwoarangmy