Stkaddons & stked website blog

:heart:
STK 3D animation
My work is under the licence you want
rudy85

Re: Forum

Postby Auria » 21 Aug 2010, 00:13

Hi,

not a bad idea, but at this time I'm not sure we have enough traffic to justify that?
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby rudy85 » 22 Aug 2010, 05:41

And (or) maybe we could have different language section (most speaked) ?
STK 3D animation
My work is under the licence you want
rudy85

Postby hiker » 22 Aug 2010, 11:48

I agree with Auria, I don't see a good reason for splitting the traffic up at this stage. Besides not that much traffic, it makes it also much more complicated for people to find out where to post, and more work for us to manage (moving posts to the appropriate subforum etc).

rudy85 {l Wrote}:And (or) maybe we could have different language section (most speaked) ?

Definitely not. If we offer forums in different languages, there is an expectation that we can provide service in those languages, which we just can't do. This leads to people easily being disappointed. For example, there is a German STK forum, but I am the only developer who speaks German, and I just don't have the time to read this forum more than once a week (and often even less). So questions are not properly answered, and often I have to say: please post in the English forum, since I can't answer all questions (esp. related to blender) anyway. Xeno does a fabulous job to keep this forum going, but it still means duplicated work (two forum to read and answer). And at least the mood in the German forum is (imho) somewhat depressed, since it appears that nothing is happening, goals (which imho are often way too complicated) are not reached, resulting in disappointment etc. The English forum is large enough with experienced people reading, posting, and guiding beginners.

If some people want to discuss STK in their native language, feel free to just create a new thread with an appropriate subject indicating that this thread is in <whatever> language.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker