Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby dudumomo » 03 Aug 2010, 11:30

Hi there,
I'm Morgan from France.
I'm not a dev and I don't really have sufficient skills to do art, but still, I would love to help this game as I really appreciate it.
dudumomo

Postby madbad » 06 Aug 2010, 21:43

Stating from what Charlie / Freegamer say I'm nobody.

I can't say I'm an artist or a programmer,
but surely I can say that I'm the one who love to play open source games and look at their developments.

Oh.... and Gnu/Linux rocks!!
madbad

Postby charlie » 06 Aug 2010, 22:54

Did I say you were nobody? That's harsh if I did. :cry:
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby madbad » 07 Aug 2010, 11:38

madbad

Postby sgrevan » 11 Aug 2010, 15:23

Hello world,

My name is Maxime and I was born (and currently live) in France. I'm 22 years old.

I'm not involved in any foss project mostly by lack of interest, but also by lack of time and programing skills. I'm actually more a writer and a game designer than a programer, and imho the type of help I could offer doesn't seem to be the required one.
Anyway, I'm reading the blog for at least two years.
sgrevan

Postby qubodup » 11 Aug 2010, 17:07

sgrevan {l Wrote}:I'm not involved in any foss project mostly by lack of interest, but also by lack of time and programing skills. I'm actually more a writer and a game designer than a programer, and imho the type of help I could offer doesn't seem to be the required one.

Quite disagree. I find many open source games/prototypes to lack a concept or design. Would you have any plots/concepts/design to share? It'd be great if you could upload them to a blog and smash :by: :sa: on them. We could add your blog to http://planetdev.freegamedev.net if the designs are usable and perhaps somebody could get inspiration from them or invite you to lead a project's design.
Just an idea :)
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby sgrevan » 12 Aug 2010, 19:41

Quite disagree. I find many open source games/prototypes to lack a concept or design.

I do think that many projects would benefit from some adjustments but it's quite hard to come in and to say to a dad that his baby has weird ears and that it would be better if he would let me cut them before transplanting ears which would make more sense on it (sorry, that's the only example I got at the moment and I admit it's a bit sinister :p).

Moreover, when I find a project that contain design flaws, I often guess this is a wanted feature (you know, all those games featuring a penguin, like freedroidrpg) so I just give up.
Writing a design doc for a finished game isn't really exciting, too.

I do currently work on a RPG system that combines simplicity and... "likelihood" (let's say realism instead), and I also have some programming projects in the works.
I assure you that this board will be the first noticed once I'll be done :)
sgrevan

Postby timnwells » 16 Aug 2010, 00:35

Hi. I'm Tim. Feel like I'm introducing myself to an AA group. lol. From Australia, long time gamer, long time programmer... newbie game developer. Got some ideas for a game I would like to develop as an open source project. I have experience with many different programming languages but not much with game development and about no artistic skill at all.
timnwells

Postby b-k24 » 24 Aug 2010, 21:54

I my name is Jamal and I am a sucky wannabe programmer
b-k24

Postby chaorace » 26 Aug 2010, 12:43

Okay I'm chao race (call me Chris), and I signed up because of an error in super tux kart, and desperately need help.
I also hope to contribute karts and tracks to the STK .7 build.
chaorace

Postby KroArtem » 26 Aug 2010, 19:10

Hi, my name is Artem and I'm from Russia (gmt +2 AFAIR)
Opensource became something like a hobby for me some time ago and now I'm searching for good opensource games and help them by posting bugs\translating and so on :)
KroArtem

Postby Kip » 31 Aug 2010, 01:53

Hey folks. Kip from Vancouver, Canada. Lead developer behind the Avaneya project, a cerebral science fiction game for GNU.
Kip

Postby Pix3l » 10 Sep 2010, 21:41

Hello guys, i'm Pix3l from Italy. I'm an hobbiest game developer and pixel artist :]
http://www.pix3lworkshop.altervista.org/ - Your 8bit choice since 2006!
Pix3l

Postby NatureShockMusic » 12 Sep 2010, 10:24

Hi, i am Jannik. I live in germany and i make music.
My speciality is trailer music but i compose soundtracks, too.
If you need music, you can ask me.
NatureShockMusic

Postby Bart » 12 Sep 2010, 21:09

Hello,

my name is Eckhard, i'm the main artist of the open source motor sport simulation Speed Dreams ( http://www.speed-dreams.org/ ). Our project is looking for more artist and developers:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/speed- ... helpWanted

So feel free to contact us at our developer list :)
Bart

Postby Mauricio » 22 Sep 2010, 21:59

Hi all, I'm Maurício from Brazil
I want compile source code help in ubuntu 10.04
Mauricio

Postby Jade » 24 Sep 2010, 15:30

Hello! I'm Jade from the Philippines, I've been very interested with game development since i was in high school. currently i'm working on my CS degree, hopefully i can finish it :)..
Jade

Postby Teh Matt » 25 Sep 2010, 19:48

Hey everyone, I'm Teh Matt.
I've enjoyed seeing the progress of STK from 0.4 or so and have finally decided to register on the forums :p
Teh Matt

Postby PcMaster97 » 14 Oct 2010, 17:41

Hi, i´m Hannes, I found that page when I was looking TV.
My Hobbys are programming, firefighting.
I came from Germany.

Your Sincerely,
Hannes
PcMaster97

Postby Julius » 14 Oct 2010, 18:55

PcMaster97 {l Wrote}:Hi, i´m Hannes, I found that page when I was looking TV.

On TV? Were we featured on TV again? Or was it a repeat of the old show (hmm 2 years ago?) when they made an interview?

Oh and welcome ;)
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby PcMaster97 » 14 Oct 2010, 19:23

it was an interview with german hobby game developers, and they show the forum.
and your´re right it was from 2008.
PcMaster97

Postby Gaurav » 24 Oct 2010, 21:05

Hi, my name is Gaurav. I'm a developer who just started a new project over the past week of an open source, simple, top down, old school rpg written with HTML5 and canvas. I've got a demo up on the web and source code available too.
Gaurav

Postby qubodup » 24 Oct 2010, 21:28

Gaurav {l Wrote}:Hi, my name is Gaurav. I'm a developer who just started a new project over the past week of an open source, simple, top down, old school rpg written with HTML5 and canvas. I've got a demo up on the web and source code available too.

Hi! Do you plan to participate in https://gaming.mozillalabs.com/ ?

I'm on an Eee PC 1000H using Arch Linux and scrolling of the (town) map is very slow.

By the way: Are all assets from OpenGameArt? :D
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby Gaurav » 24 Oct 2010, 21:37

qubodup {l Wrote}:
Gaurav {l Wrote}:Hi, my name is Gaurav. I'm a developer who just started a new project over the past week of an open source, simple, top down, old school rpg written with HTML5 and canvas. I've got a demo up on the web and source code available too.

Hi! Do you plan to participate in https://gaming.mozillalabs.com/ ?

I'm on an Eee PC 1000H using Arch Linux and scrolling of the (town) map is very slow.

By the way: Are all assets from OpenGameArt? :D

Ha, I'm not that surprised. It's pretty much what it is. Works okay for me, but I'm using a CULV Core 2 Duo. You can try the latest version of Firefox nightly, or you can use Firebug and fiddle with the FPS and SCROLL_FACTOR constants. If you do the latter, tell me what settings you recommend.

I am already participating in gaming.mozillalabs.com with an HTML5 blackjack game. See html5blackjack.net (NOT open source.) But I plan to put this in as well.

No, the art isn't from OpenGameArt. I put the credits at the bottom of the web page.
Gaurav

Postby NonServiam » 25 Oct 2010, 18:44

Whats up everybody!!

I'm a budding game developer from Oregon, USA that has been keeping a close eye this project since day one. Im really excited at the prospects of this project and I hope I can contribute in any way possible.
NonServiam