Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby qubodup » 17 Dec 2009, 10:46

Tuxide {l Wrote}:This forum won't let me log in with Google Chrome no matter what I do.

I recommend deleting all *freegamedev.net cookies, if you have any. I'm able to login with "Iron" (modified chromium) on both winxp and linux.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby charlie » 17 Dec 2009, 11:28

Leejjon {l Wrote}:Hi, I'm leon. I live in the Netherlands and made a prototype for the fortress project on the old forum. Not sure if this project is going on this new forum.

It will be.

Tuxide {l Wrote}:I am Tuxide Mudslayer, the most hated person in the open gaming scene and I am proud of it.

Nope, that title goes to mikeeusa who was obsessed with spreading racist, sexist, generally hateful propaganda on every free open source game forum he could infiltrate. I think he was working on a fork of Crossfire.

Let's hope you don't get yourself permabanned here anyway.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Sindwiller » 17 Dec 2009, 12:56

Nope, that title goes to mikeeusa who was obsessed with spreading racist, sexist, generally hateful propaganda on every free open source game forum he could infiltrate. I think he was working on a fork of Crossfire.

Yep, Mike will hold the title for eternity I suppose.
My gamedesign blawg!
<remaxim>well, it is called freegamedev... means you develop games for other people for free xD

.Net/Mono is a rabid beast cursed with M$-specific limitations and sh*t. XNA isn't much better. Remember that, kids.
Sindwiller

Postby mvBarracuda » 17 Dec 2009, 13:49

Hola :-)

I'm barra, from Dresden, Germany.

Been involved in the development of a few open source projects, starting with ianout (a Fallout-like game engine) in 2004. Later I've been working in project management for the isometric 2d game engine undertaking FIFE from 2005 till 2008 and I have recently founded the FIFE-based nuclear winter RPG PARPG.
mvBarracuda

Postby Andrew » 17 Dec 2009, 18:01

Tuxide {l Wrote}:I am Tuxide Mudslayer, the most hated person in the open gaming scene and I am proud of it. I am permabanned from the #peragro channel on Freenode, and I grief virtual worlds for the sake of finding what is wrong with them. I am to finish my Masters in Computer Science some time in 2010.

This forum won't let me log in with Google Chrome no matter what I do.

Welcome! Forum works fine in Google chrome for me, not that I doubt you're having problems.
Hardwar - An open source flight sim shooter on the moon titan.
Andrew

Postby beltsonata » 18 Dec 2009, 22:20

Hello! I'm a computer science student and musician from England. I'm interested in working on free games and have a few ideas, but I don't really know where to begin or what to work on. Hopefully I will be of assistance somewhere...
beltsonata

Postby Deceth » 23 Dec 2009, 15:00

Hello everyone,

I am deceth. I am a self-proclaimed evil overlord. I develop open source games to provide my minions with a way to blow off steam. It helps maintain order within the empire.

Free open source games also help lure new peons to Looble. I enjoy collecting peons to staff my army of henchmen - an essential task for any evil overlord basing his/her plans for conquest and world domination on an open framework.

I hope to exploit all of you in the near future and use these forums for my own personal gain. Hopefully any schemes of mine you fall victim too will actually be mutually beneficial - you know a win-win situation! Because if there is anything I really love, it's when I win twice.
Become an Evil Overlord at Looble.com or embark on an epic open source adventure playing Battle City
Deceth

Postby Sindwiller » 23 Dec 2009, 16:02

You've just earned a medal, sir :D
My gamedesign blawg!
<remaxim>well, it is called freegamedev... means you develop games for other people for free xD

.Net/Mono is a rabid beast cursed with M$-specific limitations and sh*t. XNA isn't much better. Remember that, kids.
Sindwiller

Postby Deceth » 24 Dec 2009, 15:16

Sindwiller {l Wrote}:You've just earned a medal, sir :D

Thanks! Any chance you could pawn it at a thrift store and Paypal me the cash? I'd definitely pretend to be appreciative - maybe even use a happy smiley.

Financing an evil empire isn't easy you know. You don't realize how expensive staff turnover is until you get behind the bench and become the one responsible for paying the executioner fees.
Become an Evil Overlord at Looble.com or embark on an epic open source adventure playing Battle City
Deceth

Postby kaelisebonrai » 25 Dec 2009, 15:50

Hi ho guys, still around, not much in the way of FreeGameDev for me going on, but, I thought I'd drop on by again, even if it is only to report that Myst Online: Uru Live is still awaiting Cyan Worlds getting spare cycles to rip out code that they cannot open source, and of course, they hadn't thought of this until the community started mentioning it more loudly than they had, when they were finally told the Cyan had intended to replace the code needing ripping out, and that needed more manpower than they have currently... ~_~

Anyways, thought I'd drop by and register on these forums, though probably most of you don't have the foggiest who I am, anyways =P

(G'day Sind, Hagish, Ghouly!, Julian, Q!, Andrew, Barra!, ....Charlie.)

What's been happening these past few years. btw? I saw an open game art site finally happened?
kaelisebonrai

Postby nicfer » 25 Dec 2009, 21:15

Hi, I'm nicolas from Argentina. I was known before as undergamer but since the forum reset I decided to re-register under my better known name on other forums.
nicfer

Postby Nokes » 01 Jan 2010, 07:45

Hello, posting on January 1 2010 at 1:36 am woot! Happy New Decade!

Anyway, I am the lead animator, lead designer, sound engineer, voice talent, lead programmer, and such for quite few FOSS games that haven't been heard heard yet, as they are all still in production ("Tux the Penguin" is getting close for a demo though). So I know my way around video games, and being an analytical gamer myslef, I know what gamers want from a game!
Nokes

Postby pmelo86 » 09 Jan 2010, 01:33

Hi there!

My name is Patrick, I'm from Brazil and I'm starting at game development (Linux and C++). I'm planning a game developement environment for Linux. Let's say it's a DirectX for Linux XD.

I've seen so many good projects related to games (2d/3d engines, physics endinges, etc) that I keep thinking "why there's not such an ecosystem like DX for Linux yet?" (I mean one large project, having all the stuff one may need to develop games for linux).

I know it takes a lot of work to get done, but a lot of "separated" works has been done already, right?

Anyway, it's a hobby project. Everyone interested can contact me. :)

PS.: Sorry for my english mistakes, it's not my mother language.
pmelo86

Postby sfb » 13 Jan 2010, 14:50

Hi,

My name is Matt and I've been a community developer with NeL (the Nevrax Library) since 2005 and a developer on the Werewolf project which is based on the NeL framework. This seemed like as good a place as any to come and compare notes about NeL and Werewolf with other games and frameworks and to do a little "free advertising" to try and get more projects interested.

sfb
/s
sfb

Postby Sindwiller » 14 Jan 2010, 18:46

NeL and Werewolf look like two ace projects. Welcome aboard! :D
My gamedesign blawg!

Sindwiller

Postby charlie » 14 Jan 2010, 19:35

Hi, I'm Charlie, and I'm forgetful.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Varivar » 16 Jan 2010, 12:11

Hey,

My name is Ivar and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm a 3D artist and I've drawn stuff for multiple games, like SupertuxKart. I'm not really new here, I've been active under the same name at the old forums.
Varivar

Postby downer » 19 Jan 2010, 05:51

I've been working on a driving map for FPS mods for a while now, and I enjoy open source games.
downer

Postby Sauer2 » 19 Jan 2010, 14:17

Hi, i'm Sauer2, some guy from Germany.
I made some graphics for Secret Maryo Chronicles, did some Lua scripting with LÖVE 0.5.0 long time ago and now i'm playing with the thoughts of creating something like Moorhuhn using Jgame or SFML or Allegro.pas. (althought i'm not sure how this will turn out)

And, like my signature says, i like 2D arcade games, especially jump n run games.
Nice to see FreeGameDev up again. :!:
Sauer2

Postby aspidites » 19 Jan 2010, 19:11

Hi, I'm Aspidites. I'm not much of a gave dev, but I dabble in Python.
aspidites

Postby Impboy » 21 Jan 2010, 21:25

Hi, I'm Impboy. I've found the SuperTuxKart project a few days ago, and fall head over heels on it. I am hoping to contribute my tracks and/or karts to make it look cooler and more fun!
Impboy

Postby qubodup » 22 Jan 2010, 00:28

Impboy {l Wrote}:Hi, I'm Impboy. I've found the SuperTuxKart project a few days ago, and fall head over heels on it. I am hoping to contribute my tracks and/or karts to make it look cooler and more fun!

Hi & welcome! You should totally let us know how you found STK. :)
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby DanielT » 22 Jan 2010, 19:08

Hi, my name is Daniel and I'm from Germany.

Now that I'm almost done with school and have at least a few months till university I wanted to contribute to STK, because I *love* to play this game. It's virtually the only three dimensional game I play on the PC ;)

My biggest wish would be to contribute a track, but I will post more details on my idea in the right sub-forum.
DanielT

Postby redbaron » 22 Jan 2010, 19:09

I am not a bot!
redbaron

Postby Calinou » 22 Jan 2010, 21:45

I'm Calinou, i made some textures, maps for Cube Engine.
Calinou