Scottish Gaelic translation

Scottish Gaelic translation

Postby GunChleoc » 13 Feb 2014, 22:50

I have my first draft translation of the main file done, but I need clarification for a string:

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
Fade transition
../src/TitleMenu.cpp:493

Is "fade" a noun or a verb?
GunChleoc

Re: Scottish Gaelic translation

Postby odamite » 15 Feb 2014, 00:08

Hello and thank you for taking your time to make a translation. :cool:

I'm not by far an expert on English language but I'll try to help you the best I can. I would say that the whole term "Fade transition" is a kind of a noun as "a fading transition" or "a fade in/out transition". The term comes from transitions used in films. Do you know is there a word in Scottish Gaelic for this or what is usually used to describe it?

Alternatively something like "smooth transition" or even just "transition" could be used. The exact words by themselves are not as important as the message. I hope this helps. ;)
odamite

Postby GunChleoc » 15 Feb 2014, 08:23

Thanks! This is what I needed, translation all done. I was unsucessful in building the game myself, so I couldn't check for context. English can be so ambiguous sometimes :D

I have attached 2 versions, for the last release and for the current dev version.

I noticed that development has slowed down, how many features are still missing for 0.5 / any rough idea on how long this might take?

ETA: files removed, see update below.
Last edited by GunChleoc on 20 Feb 2014, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
GunChleoc

Postby odamite » 17 Feb 2014, 22:52

Hey GunChleoc!

Thanks for the translation! It seems to work perfectly. I've committed it to our SVN repository. (r682) :)

GunChleoc {l Wrote}:I was unsucessful in building the game myself, so I couldn't check for context.

That's too bad. What was the problem? And on which platform you tried build it?

GunChleoc {l Wrote}:I noticed that development has slowed down, how many features are still missing for 0.5 / any rough idea on how long this might take?

Unfortunately, you're absolute right. The development has slowed down a lot. And sadly, I cannot really say when 0.5 will be ready and released. The development version has some really nice features like scripting and achievements but they need to be polished a lot. I should really focus more time to improve Me and My Shadow... :|
odamite

Postby GunChleoc » 18 Feb 2014, 01:43

odamite {l Wrote}:Hey GunChleoc!

Thanks for the translation! It seems to work perfectly. I've committed it to our SVN repository. (r682) :)

You're welcome :)

odamite {l Wrote}:
GunChleoc {l Wrote}:I was unsucessful in building the game myself, so I couldn't check for context.

That's too bad. What was the problem? And on which platform you tried build it?

Ubuntu 12.04. It was complaining about the wrong Lua version. I should try again when I find the time before I bother you for help. It's probably just a matter of tracking down the correct package :)

odamite {l Wrote}:
GunChleoc {l Wrote}:I noticed that development has slowed down, how many features are still missing for 0.5 / any rough idea on how long this might take?

Unfortunately, you're absolute right. The development has slowed down a lot. And sadly, I cannot really say when 0.5 will be ready and released. The development version has some really nice features like scripting and achievements but they need to be polished a lot. I should really focus more time to improve Me and My Shadow... :|

Would you have the time to create a l10n build of 0.4, since we have no idea when the next version will be ready? As far as I can see, the difference in translation between 0.4 and the dev version is just added strings and no changed strings, so any translation updates done in the meantime could be included.
GunChleoc

Postby Edward_Lii » 18 Feb 2014, 16:24

Hello all,

First of all, thanks for the translation. :)

GunChleoc {l Wrote}:Ubuntu 12.04. It was complaining about the wrong Lua version. I should try again when I find the time before I bother you for help. It's probably just a matter of tracking down the correct package :)

Me and My Shadow requires Lua 5.1, a lot of distributions also package 5.2.
It's possible that if you have both versions installed it detects the wrong version.
Feel free to ask for help if you can't get it to work. ;)

odamite {l Wrote}:Unfortunately, you're absolute right. The development has slowed down a lot. And sadly, I cannot really say when 0.5 will be ready and released. The development version has some really nice features like scripting and achievements but they need to be polished a lot. I should really focus more time to improve Me and My Shadow... :|

Yeah, I too really want to get back at the project and like you said there are some nice features already implemented.

GunChleoc {l Wrote}:Would you have the time to create a l10n build of 0.4, since we have no idea when the next version will be ready? As far as I can see, the difference in translation between 0.4 and the dev version is just added strings and no changed strings, so any translation updates done in the meantime could be included.

Interesting idea, we could create a 0.4.1 with new/updated translations and perhaps a few levels/levelpack. ;)
For V0.5 we should focus on polishing the features we have implemented instead of implementing new ones.

Anyway, I'm going to dig through the code and try to remember what I was working on. :p
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby GunChleoc » 20 Feb 2014, 16:00

Since I could do more in-game testing now, here's a translation update
Attachments
meandmyshadow-gd-dev.zip
(16.11 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
meandmyshadow-gd-0.4.zip
(13.74 KiB) Downloaded 783 times
GunChleoc

Postby Edward_Lii » 24 Feb 2014, 14:48

Hello GunChleoc,

GunChleoc {l Wrote}:Since I could do more in-game testing now, here's a translation update

Thanks again for your translation, I've committed the updated files from the dev zip file (svn rev. 685).

I assume the 0.4 zip file is intended for the 0.4.1 release.
Did you have to change many entries or was it mainly new strings in the dev version?
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby GunChleoc » 25 Feb 2014, 14:15

Yes, the 0.4 is for the 0.4.1 release, assuming there will be no string changes from one to the other. I did some small string changes in the 0.4 zip as well, because I managed to play through more levels. Things always look a bit different in context ;)

Thanks for committing!
GunChleoc

Postby GunChleoc » 14 Feb 2015, 11:20

I have attached an update for the development version.

I have just moved another project to https://www.transifex.com/, it works really well and has some easy functions to keep in sync with the source code. If you're interested, I can help you set up a translation project there.
Attachments
meandmyshadow-gd-dev.zip
(16.06 KiB) Downloaded 768 times
GunChleoc