Design Meetings

Re: Project meetings

Postby chronomaster » 08 Dec 2013, 18:09

in your menus (top of window) there are the following - "skype" "contacts" " conversations" and so on.
click on contacts.
add contact.
in skype name insert the following:
chrono5779

*click to add me.
*i will answer you shortly, and guide you with what i know.
its VERY simple.
chronomaster

Postby chronomaster » 08 Dec 2013, 19:24

on the list of the contacts that you have on your left side you have to click my name in order to see the chat.
once clicked, the right window will show the chat with that user. in the right window, the bottom box, is for chatting input.
press it, type what you want to say.

i tried chatting with you, but you are not there.
click on my user account. im waiting
chronomaster

Postby Danimal » 08 Dec 2013, 19:38

Thanks to Chronos im up with skype, my nickname is Danimal - Daniel Alcaraz, add me when you start the meeting, ill be waiting
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby chronomaster » 08 Dec 2013, 19:41

correction:
his username is "Daniel Alcaraz Verdejo"
please dont put a "-" as it wuold might not find you that way.
chronomaster

Postby Elvano » 08 Dec 2013, 19:53

You'll get invited when the meeting starts. all you need to do is accept it =p
Elvano~
Elvano

Postby Bertram » 09 Dec 2013, 11:12

Sorry guys,

I missed that one. What has been discussed?
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Elvano » 09 Dec 2013, 18:48

rez will post a report of the 3 hours o' fun here and on the wiki =p
Elvano~
Elvano

Postby ReZ » 10 Dec 2013, 01:36

Yeah, I'll make a post about it later, the net here is supposed to go down any second, so can't really write a lot.

Next meeting is on Wednesday 11th at 16:40 CET hope to see you all there :)
ReZ

Postby ReZ » 10 Dec 2013, 10:01

On Sunday's meeting (in bullet points, since I have been way too busy lately):

- Danimal! New attendee on the meeting(s)! - 3D artwork.

- Art direction - so far we will be going for something between Diablo and the artwork that Danimal sent us
( download/file.php?id=5094&mode=view ) ( http://opengameart.org/forumtopic/need- ... -texturing )
Both of which with higher quality textures + bumpmap, so don't consider them "finished" as they are raw models.
More info, and more concept art will arrive at a later time.

Poly count - 200 000 on-screen polys for now, until we have a working version of the game that we can stress-test.

LoD's - not very useful in top-down mode, but very much depends on the level of zoom we want to have in the game.

Programmers should focus on getting the compiler to work - designers help out as much as they can, assuming they have any experience with coding at all.
(This part isn't considerd easy, so give them a helping hand if you can)

I'm sure I've forgotten quite a bit, so if there are any main points that should be mentioned, feel free to add them.

Next meeting is tomorrow at 16:30. We will have punch and pie.
(Spoiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrNrLly1vvM )

Don't forget to join : http://redmine.daemonrage.net/projects/opendungeons

If anyone needs access to the redmine page, please contact either me, or Paul424 (Paul424 is rather busy, hence the two of us)
ReZ

Postby Bertram » 12 Dec 2013, 10:23

Hi guys,

I couldn't participate at 16:30 since it's definitely neither my day not my time, sorry. :)

Programmers should focus on getting the compiler to work

Fine, I'm still in the middle of compiling Ogre atm, as it requires more spare time from me to be finished.

Paul is still struggling with making the game work on linux IIRC, but it would be cool if he could list the known problems
preventing the game from running fine (or even the little annoyances) as I know he's the most aware of them.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 12 Dec 2013, 13:55

Dont be mean to Bertram, he deserves a stuate in the middle of the dungeon for what he is doing... and a few slaps to speed him up :D
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby ReZ » 13 Dec 2013, 09:14

Haha, sorry if that sounded a tad harsh, it really wasn't directed at anyone, it's just a matter of what to prioritise at the moment :)
As I understand it, Bertram is working on the windows version (That I will be using), so I wouldn't dream of being mean to him. The fucker is the one who cannot work on the Linux... :twisted:

Meeting on wednesday btw. Hope to see all of you there! As usual, there will be pie and punch.

Wednesday at 16:30 unless someone has a better plan :)
ReZ

Postby ReZ » 18 Dec 2013, 10:42

Quick vote, who wants to have a meeting today?
ReZ

Postby paul424 » 18 Dec 2013, 13:25

Nay , my lappy with skype is at repair so rather no no today .... Should be done before Chrismtas though ...
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby ReZ » 18 Dec 2013, 15:08

Wouldn't it be better after christmas though? People get to relax and think about random things for a bit. Could be good to get some fresh ideas and inspiration. Christmas is kinda sucky for any kind of meetings anyways, since most people are kind of busy with other stuff.
ReZ

Postby oln » 20 Dec 2013, 16:24

Sounds reasonable.
oln

Postby ReZ » 20 Dec 2013, 18:34

How dare you accuse me of being reasonable?
ReZ

Postby paul424 » 27 Dec 2013, 11:21

Ok Christmas are gone , So when would we mumble together after that ? :)
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby ReZ » 10 Jan 2014, 18:33

New project meeting on wednesday to get everyone updated.
Time\date: 15th of January, 15:00 CET (Open for discussion until monday)

Hope as many as possible will be able to make it.

ReZ
ReZ

Postby Bertram » 11 Jan 2014, 13:41

I can't be there. But have fun!
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Elvano » 11 Jan 2014, 14:47

(Open for discussion until monday)

If you can't make it, what moment would be suitable for you, Bertram?
Elvano~
Elvano

Postby Bertram » 13 Jan 2014, 10:15

Hi Elvano, :)

Unfortunately, the schedule below didn't improve:
Well, I'm not a good example of well-managed and well-scheduled free-time maker. Life's so crazy. :oops:
As for me, it would be on European evenings mostly.
Something like 21:00 CET would be perfect to me, on Friday, or Sunday and Tuesday nights in general.
And, eh, during the workdays, I sometimes just can't make it.

Here is the list of things I'd like to know about, if you can discuss about them: :)
Dev:
- Can the git obsolete branches be deleted to avoid confusion for new members? Or maybe import the work done there if any useful?
- Now that CEGUI/Ogre version have been upgraded (kudos to Paul for that :]), should we consider using a newer SFML version for audio? Or were there plans to use something else?
- Can you kick that Bertram guy so he finally get the binaries done?

Gameplay:
- I'd like to know whether you guys would consider adding a small intro to the game (a background image + text describing objectives would suffice as a start), and objectives to the map used when starting the game.
I thought about adding a few enemies spawned a few minutes after the start of the game and/or stuck in a not too close area you have to beat in order to "win".
To be honest, I'm all for everything that makes players think OD is more a game (even an alpha version), and less of a tech demo.

What do you guys think? Other ideas about all that?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Elvano » 13 Jan 2014, 12:22

I'm glad that, eventhough you probably won't be able to attend the meeting, you are very intrested in what will be done.
Naturally we'll try to find an answer to your question/suggestion/point as fast as we can, but it's only realistic nor suitable that we can't handle everything in one meeting.

I do really appriciate you actually telling us what topics are of a concern to you. That actually goes to all of you. We try to get a meeting running with a couple of topics in mind (mostly) based on priority. However we hardly have an idea of what problems or issues you lot encounter.
Do know that we are always open for suggestions and you can tell us the things you're concerned with.

I'm not going to go indepth on your suggestions right here (yet) as that's what we have the meeting for, but as far as next quote goes... :
Bertram {l Wrote}:I thought about adding a few enemies spawned a few minutes after the start of the game and/or stuck in a not too close area you have to beat in order to "win".
To be honest, I'm all for everything that makes players think OD is more a game (even an alpha version), and less of a tech demo.

We should first get a tech demo off the ground before starting to think about the alpha version.
However, I'm pretty sure that an enemy AI is part of the tech demo, eventhough not litarly specifies in our document.
If it isn't, I personally am fullt convinced that we should add it as the combat system is one of the big technical aspects we want to be able to test.
Elvano~
Elvano

Postby ReZ » 15 Jan 2014, 14:29

We could always try for a second meeting on Friday at 21:00, that shouldn't be too difficult. Does that sound alright with you Bertram?
ReZ

Postby ReZ » 15 Jan 2014, 14:38

btw, my net seems to be crapping up due to poor customer service at my ISP (namely they are fucking retarded and can't do anything right) I may be late for todays meeting.
ReZ