how to get the two balls in the two holes in cave ?

how to get the two balls in the two holes in cave ?

Postby shirish » 01 Sep 2013, 21:22

Hi all,
This is in Mt. Elebrus lower mountain. In one of the caves there are two holes and two balls to go in there. I tried various solutions but without success. Does anybody have an idea how to do it ?
shirish

Postby Gallaecio » 02 Sep 2013, 06:02

I can tell you I did it, but I can’t remember the details.

I can tell you that, regarding the three mushrooms on the top, I killed the ones on the sides from the south so they would fall on the north, and then killed the one in the center from the east so that it falls on the west.

I can also tell you that you end up killing all of them, although you might have figured that out already.
Gallaecio

Re:

Postby shirish » 02 Sep 2013, 14:33

Gallaecio {l Wrote}:I can tell you I did it, but I can’t remember the details.

I can tell you that, regarding the three mushrooms on the top, I killed the ones on the sides from the south so they would fall on the north, and then killed the one in the center from the east so that it falls on the west.

I can also tell you that you end up killing all of them, although you might have figured that out already.

that doesn't help me but thanx for the effort.
shirish

Re: how to get the two balls in the two holes in cave ?

Postby Gallaecio » 03 Sep 2013, 17:11

Can you post a screenshot of the starting point?
Gallaecio

Postby shirish » 04 Sep 2013, 23:45

@ Gallaecio here it is :-

This gives bird eye view of both the holes and the stones and Bertram.
shirish

Postby Gallaecio » 05 Sep 2013, 06:55

So sorry, I though you meant the last puzzle, not the first one.

You just need to:
1. Push the bottom stone (A) from the bottom up. It will stop when collisioning with the top stone (B).
2. Push A from the left to the right, so it covers the first button.
3. Push B from the right to the left.

Actually, I’m not sure if additional steps are required before #3. If they are, I might need another screenshot of the rest of the cave.
Gallaecio

Re:

Postby shirish » 05 Sep 2013, 15:05

Gallaecio {l Wrote}:So sorry, I though you meant the last puzzle, not the first one.

You just need to:
1. Push the bottom stone (A) from the bottom up. It will stop when collisioning with the top stone (B).
2. Push A from the left to the right, so it covers the first button.
3. Push B from the right to the left.

Actually, I’m not sure if additional steps are required before #3. If they are, I might need another screenshot of the rest of the cave.

here are few more :-

as well as :-

The problem is there needs to be something after step 3 because this has to go into hole 2. No matter what I do I'm unable to get ball B into hole 2.

You have to fight the shroom and once you have fought it just stands there, you can't manoveur the ball anymore from the position I share from screenshot 3.

Now step 4 has to be kicking the ball from bottom to top, I do not see any other way.

which leads to picture 3.

If anybody have any ideas please fire.
shirish

Postby Gallaecio » 05 Sep 2013, 18:00

I completely get why you did not figure it out — The mushroom’s thing was a complete surprise for me as well.

You have to attack the mushroom from its left side. When the mushroom dies, it moves to the opposite side (right). Then you can push the stone until it is blocked by the dead mushroom, and then over the button.
Gallaecio

Re:

Postby shirish » 05 Sep 2013, 20:42

Gallaecio {l Wrote}:I completely get why you did not figure it out — The mushroom’s thing was a complete surprise for me as well.

You have to attack the mushroom from its left side. When the mushroom dies, it moves to the opposite side (right). Then you can push the stone until it is blocked by the dead mushroom, and then over the button.

That one was easy (now that I know it). The second cave is more of the same. Would try some more combinations for that one. Isn't easy.
shirish

Postby Bertram » 05 Sep 2013, 21:40

Hi,

I completely get why you did not figure it out — The mushroom’s thing was a complete surprise for me as well.

Weird. To be honest, I thought the previous cave was enough hinting the way the mushrooms are reacting to fights. But well, it seems I was wrong.

You didn't notice that earlier?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby shirish » 05 Sep 2013, 22:31

Bertram {l Wrote}:Hi,

Weird. To be honest, I thought the previous cave was enough hinting the way the mushrooms are reacting to fights. But well, it seems I was wrong.

You didn't notice that earlier?

Best regards,

Before the fight with the shroom, all the other animals I fought didn't matter from where I came, they didn't fall to one side or the next or at least I didn't observe that.

With Gallaecio's words, it became apparent that killing the shroom from any direction would have an effect. Now the problem in the second cave is getting the logic right as to which way is the best. While getting to the third cave is easy, I also want to see what's in the chest and for that the upper hole also has to be filled as well. Would try to see if I can get some idea (or not) .

As far as the word 'mancato' is concerned, I thought it was the name of the creature the heroes were fighting. Haven't reached till that new enemy, yet...
shirish

Postby Gallaecio » 05 Sep 2013, 23:00

About the mushrooms, it might help a lot to have empty space all around the first mushroom. That way, even if they start by attacking the mushroom from the south, they will realize that mushroom are another puzzle piece they can use, and will try to get it right in their second attempt.

That said, I did eventually got it (it was not chance that made me attack the mushroom from a side other than south). The mushroom moving was the only possible way to block the stone so that I could place it.
Gallaecio

Postby Bertram » 06 Sep 2013, 11:41

Gallaecio {l Wrote}:About the mushrooms, it might help a lot to have empty space all around the first mushroom. That way, even if they start by attacking the mushroom from the south, they will realize that mushroom are another puzzle piece they can use, and will try to get it right in their second attempt.

True. Ok, I'll add room above/north of it. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator