Project information

Project information

Postby amuzen » 30 Dec 2009, 13:42

Description

Lips of Suna is a tongue-in-cheek action RPG.

Goals

Action heavy and versatile gameplay, dynamically changing game world and ease of customization and modding.

Development

The game is under active development. Everyone is welcome to contribute.

Links

Website
Last edited by amuzen on 19 Aug 2013, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated everything
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Re: Project information

Postby david_cz » 06 Aug 2010, 07:50

good idea but its for girls.can you make katamari fan game?? im not scripter but im shows ideas.if you dont know what is that look at youtube gameplay.
im share my ideas.dont post bad mesages!!im not scripter.
david_cz

Postby shnur » 04 Jan 2011, 21:25

Hello I want to help your project, I was engaged in due time 3D in modeling under 3DsMAX, Blender if it is necessary I will study on a course if developers are necessary to you is glad to help!
TarasovYV@gmail.com mail for communication

P.S.: for dialogue I use online the translator.
shnur

Postby KroArtem » 04 Jan 2011, 23:26

shnur, where are you from? Seems like from Russia :) If so, I can try to help communicating you with Lips of Suna developer.
KroArtem

Postby shnur » 05 Jan 2011, 09:40

Yes, I from Russia. Hasn't found as to contact разроботчиками on a site it was necessary to write on a forum.

I will be grateful for the help.
shnur

Postby amuzen » 05 Jan 2011, 11:25

KroArtem, would you mind having a chat with him and seeing what he'd need to get started? That'd be much faster and easier than relying on automatic translation, I think.

Teamwork would be really hard without you knowing English. Working in a more independent manner might still be possible but even then you need to be able to read the wiki. Being able to understand the design and instructions in the wiki is necessary if you want to be able to create useful models.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby KroArtem » 05 Jan 2011, 14:20

shnur, могу оказать посильную помощь в переводе, если нужно.
С разработчиком проще всего связаться либо здесь, на форуме, либо через IRC-чат (надеюсь, знаешь, что это такое), сервер freenode, канал #lipsofsuna
Там он известен как nekotaku.
Несколько вопросов: какую операционную систему ты используешь? Дело в том, что я, например, использую Ubuntu 10.10 и не использую официальные драйвера для видеокарты, поэтому не могу запустить Lips Of Suna под линуксом (игре требуется поддержка OpenGL 3.2 )
Если ты пользуешься Windows, то все немного проще, скоро должна выйти новая версия игры с уже готовыми бинарниками игры для windows (не нужно будет собирать игру самому)
Ещё один очень важный вопрос, насколько хорошо(плохо) ты знаешь английский язык, потому что нужно все-таки как-то общаться с разработчиком, иметь возможность обсудить что-нибудь, прочитать требования к создаваемым моделям в вики игры, в конце-концов. Пока что amuzen (и я тоже) видим проблему с английским языком самой сложной.
P.S. 'разработчик' по-английски будет 'developer' :)
KroArtem

Postby shnur » 05 Jan 2011, 17:58

про irc что то не подумал, спасибо!
у меня ubuntu 10.10 с приаритарными драйверами и opensuse 11.4 m5 без них, ещё винда...

а английский я знаю просто практики нет, поэтому решил использовать словарь-переводчик :)
shnur

Postby Technomari » 14 May 2012, 17:43

my apologies for posting in an old thread, didn't know where I could present myself in.

My name is Anthony, and I'm an amateur 3D Animator. I use Blender exclusively (in the future I'll probably move on to 3DS Max)
I was wondering if it was possible for me to assist in this project, I'd really love to join your team, communicate and work with you guys. :)
my portfolio: www.anthonydm.net

and by the way, best of luck to the project, I've been following it immensely since the first few updates and I hope it becomes successful!
Technomari

Postby charlie » 16 May 2012, 18:26

I'm sure LoS is always looking for fresh faces and talent, Technomari.

You can also often find nekotaku (the lead developer) online on irc, although I'm sure he'll respond here too fairly soon!
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby amuzen » 16 May 2012, 19:08

Technomari {l Wrote}:my apologies for posting in an old thread, didn't know where I could present myself in.

My name is Anthony, and I'm an amateur 3D Animator. I use Blender exclusively (in the future I'll probably move on to 3DS Max)
I was wondering if it was possible for me to assist in this project, I'd really love to join your team, communicate and work with you guys. :)
my portfolio: http://www.anthonydm.net

and by the way, best of luck to the project, I've been following it immensely since the first few updates and I hope it becomes successful!

Hi,

Anyone interested in contributing is most welcome to help us. We are very liberal about how people contribute, and we don't really have formal team membership since we accept contributions from anyone. To get started, you might want to take a look at our wiki, as well as either join our IRC channel or create a new post in the LoS Modding & Contributions forum. Details on these options follow below.

Our wiki contains most of the information you need to get started. In particular, the articles on contributing and list of graphics tasks might be of interest to you. There's quite a lot of documentation on how to create graphics for the game, and you can also always ask for help if you're unsure about anything.

The best way to discuss development and stay in touch with what we're doing is to join our IRC channel, #lipsofsuna at irc.freenode.net. There are instructions in the wiki if you're not familiar with IRC. Alternatively, you can create a new thread in the LoS Modding & Contributions forum. We're fine with either option, but it will probably be slower to communicate in the forums than in IRC.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby shirish » 19 Aug 2013, 12:58

amuzen {l Wrote}:Description

Lips of Suna is an online dungeon crawl game. The design, gameplay, and many other relevant facts about the game are described in detail in the project wiki.

In brief, the game could be described as a fully three-dimensional cooperative action role-playing game, except that it doesn't have an experience system. Being successful in the game actually requires knowledge, strategy, cooperation, and skill from the part of players themselves.

Goals

The primary goal of the project is to produce a fun, challenging, and versatile game that is easy to get into but hard to master. Ultimately the fun gameplay and replayability, combined with the multiplayer capabilities, should make the game enjoyable to play even for the developers.

The secondary goal is to make the game easy to customize. The desire to make it easy to add new content and quickly alter the game logic is mainly motivated by development becoming easier toward the end. However, if a modding community forms around the game, the desires of the modders will also be taken into account as well.

Development

I'd like to emphasis that this is a hobby project and, even though progress is also important, enjoying the development process and having good time is above all else. Grinding teeth and breathing fire might increase productivity, but I like to develop because it's fun, not because I'm a dragon.

At the time of writing this, I'm the only active developer who remains. I'd much prefer to work with others and see what kind of interesting stuff they develop, but I'd also like people to contribute of their own accord instead of me persuading them lots. Since the game is still quite broken and hard to develop, I think the current state of affairs is more or less as expected.

Links

Website - Portal and summary
Blog - News and status updates
Wiki - Design and documentation
Project - SF.net project page

Can the links in the first post be corrected, thank you.
shirish

Postby amuzen » 19 Aug 2013, 15:55

I updated the whole thing since I was at it.
amuzen
LoS Moderator