Music Playback problem on PPC

Music Playback problem on PPC

Postby daz » 05 Jul 2013, 23:33

Hi,

I've compiled LoS for my MintPPC system, but instead of music I get white noise. Strangely turning the music volume down shows that the sound effects are playing correctly. The music files themselves can be played fine from the desktop with Music Player.

Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks
Darren
daz

Re: Music Playback problem on PPC

Postby amuzen » 06 Jul 2013, 06:00

This could be an endianness issue since you're probably the first one running the game on a big endian system. I don't have the necessary hardware to confirm it myself, so I'd like you to apply a patch against the git HEAD. Download the attached patch into the root of the repository, run the following command to apply it, and then recompile. If it works, I can commit the patch.

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
git apply big_endian_sound.patch
Attachments
big_endian_sound.patch
(532 Bytes) Downloaded 700 times
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby daz » 10 Jul 2013, 00:16

amuzen {l Wrote}:This could be an endianness issue since you're probably the first one running the game on a big endian system. I don't have the necessary hardware to confirm it myself, so I'd like you to apply a patch against the git HEAD. Download the attached patch into the root of the repository, run the following command to apply it, and then recompile. If it works, I can commit the patch.

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
git apply big_endian_sound.patch

That fixed it. I did have to apply the patch in a slightly different place, I assume that the 0.6.0 code I downloaded from the website is no longer the most up to date. I might have to pull the git version down.

I'd have replied earlier, but i got a Seg fault the first time I tried the patch. I still get these every now and then, I think they may be related to Ogre. (using 1.8.0)

I'll carry on some testing, and just need to find a server...

Regards
Darren
daz

Postby amuzen » 10 Jul 2013, 17:32

Testing the patch on 0.6.0 is good enough since the music playback code hasn't had any major changes since then. I'll commit it now so that the issue will be fixed for the next release. Thank you for verifying that it works!
amuzen
LoS Moderator