not able to enter the village

not able to enter the village

Postby shirish » 21 Mar 2013, 20:06

Hi all,
Just to ask people, am I the only one who's not able to enter into the village or it's all of us (except the devs. i.e.) . It's evening and we're at the gate of the village about to enter with our hero, Kalya and her younger brother in tow apparently.

Looking forward to know from other players if this is still the case or I have an older save file which has permitted me not entering in :(

Edit: Just saw this http://valyriatear.blogspot.in/2013/03/ ... llage.html . Wish I had seen earlier. Anyways, from this it seems it'll be a while before we see any action happening.
shirish

Re: not able to enter the village

Postby BioHazardX » 22 Mar 2013, 10:32

That part of the story is still under development and you've reached the end of the game, for now.
SURVIVAL STRATEGY!
BioHazardX

Postby Bertram » 22 Mar 2013, 10:53

Hi all :)

@shirish: Hi, I saw your mail but I dumbly erased it due to those usual touchscreen mobile phone oopses. :oops:

And I took the opportunity to answer through the blog ;)

As BioHazardX pointed out, this is the end of the game for now, the village part is half-done. There are three or four scenes left before the heroes are able to get to the next story step.
I won't spoil it out, but this part is a bit precise to script and thus takes time. Plus the fact that I started tweaking locally info on stats and precised the elements and status effects as Ikarus is working on it atm, and I wanted it more clean in order to help him in his struggle with status effects through equipment.

A question I have though: Do you guys see the "to be continued..." fade out when entering the village? I tried to make it clear when the story reached its end but it seems not.

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby shirish » 28 Mar 2013, 17:58

in-line :-

Bertram {l Wrote}:Hi all :)

@shirish: Hi, I saw your mail but I dumbly erased it due to those usual touchscreen mobile phone oopses. :oops:

And I took the opportunity to answer through the blog ;),

Figured as much and saw your answer.

Bertram {l Wrote}:As BioHazardX pointed out, this is the end of the game for now, the village part is half-done. There are three or four scenes left before the heroes are able to get to the next story step.
I won't spoil it out, but this part is a bit precise to script and thus takes time. Plus the fact that I started tweaking locally info on stats and precised the elements and status effects as Ikarus is working on it atm, and I wanted it more clean in order to help him in his struggle with status effects through equipment.

A question I have though: Do you guys see the "to be continued..." fade out when entering the village? I tried to make it clear when the story reached its end but it seems not.
Regards,

I do get the fade out of To be continued, but I was not sure with all the changes you are and were making, if that had interferred with the save file and that's the reason I am not able to continue but with your reply I understand that I just have to be patient, not an easy thing to do with a game like valyriatear. :)
shirish

Postby Bertram » 02 Apr 2013, 08:44

Hi Shirish,

Hope you're going well,

I do get the fade out of To be continued, but I was not sure with all the changes you are and were making, if that had interferred with the save file and that's the reason I am not able to continue but with your reply I understand that I just have to be patient, not an easy thing to do with a game like valyriatear. :)

I've managed to stay (hopefully) backward compatible until now, so it should be okay. Since the last update on saves, they should move (once) from ~/.valyriatear to ~/.local/share/valyriatear and the engine should warn you about that.

About the story content and all, as I had very few time to deal with open sourced code lately, I only made smaller technical stuff, but it's just a matter of time until you can proceed up to the next save point.

I'm eager to see all that in motion myself ;)

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator