stkaddons.net

Re: stkaddons.net

Postby Ludsky » 05 Sep 2011, 18:05

Auria {l Wrote}:
Ludsky {l Wrote}:I haven't arena with addons :(

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean

In the supertuxkart addons : i can download other track and other karts but i haven't other arena >> parkade, the plain .... :(
It's normal?

sorry, my english is..... médium
Ludsky

Postby Auria » 05 Sep 2011, 23:23

Ludsky {l Wrote}:In the supertuxkart addons : i can download other track and other karts but i haven't other arena >> parkade, the plain .... :(
It's normal?

Yeah you will need SupertuxKart 0.7.3 to be able to download arenas in-game, IIRC
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Ludsky » 07 Sep 2011, 13:32

Auria {l Wrote}:
Ludsky {l Wrote}:In the supertuxkart addons : i can download other track and other karts but i haven't other arena >> parkade, the plain .... :(
It's normal?

Yeah you will need SupertuxKart 0.7.3 to be able to download arenas in-game, IIRC

Super, Thanks you :)

Good Luck for You and your team
Ludsky

Postby ctdabomb » 01 Mar 2012, 23:58

I think there should be a better rating system, instead of logging on the the site and rating, maybe you can rate an add-on after you download it from in-game?
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby Arthur » 02 Mar 2012, 00:13

Log-in for rating should be required in my opinion. If we ever get the ability to sort add-ons after rating, it would be too easy to cheat the system if voting happened anonymously.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby ctdabomb » 02 Mar 2012, 00:20

Arthur {l Wrote}:Log-in for rating should be required in my opinion. If we ever get the ability to sort add-ons after rating, it would be too easy to cheat the system if voting happened anonymously.

Good point.
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby hiker » 02 Mar 2012, 00:37

ctdabomb {l Wrote}:I think there should be a better rating system, instead of logging on the the site and rating, maybe you can rate an add-on after you download it from in-game?

I was about to write that this is already scheduled for the 0.8* series - but it turns out it wasn't (I only described it on the network wiki page). I've added it for now for 0.8.1.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby ctdabomb » 07 Jun 2012, 15:43

it would be nice if you could change your vote, and if you could tell if an add-on was featured or not before you click on its page, and user's pages show the tracks and karts they uploaded but not their arenas
ctdabomb

Postby sj04736 » 07 Jun 2012, 18:14

I have addressed the suggestions from ctdabomb above, other than changing vote from the online interface - I ran out of time for that one before lunch.

As for voting from within the game, the website is ready for it.
The biggest challenge here is creating an irrlicht UI control which can be clicked on to register a vote, and can display both what the average vote is and what the user voted in the past simultaneously. (or as suggested, the rating widget could just be three buttons, but I have no idea how that would be configured to display a rating of 2.45 stars, for example)
Once this is done, in-game session logic needs to be written, a log-in form needs to be written, and the control above put in place. There's no real rush on this, but it's definitely a push in the right direction towards further online interaction.
Stephen
Role: STK-Addons Developer

sj04736

Postby hiker » 08 Jun 2012, 18:20

sj04736 {l Wrote}:As for voting from within the game, the website is ready for it.
The biggest challenge here is creating an irrlicht UI control which can be clicked on to register a vote, and can display both what the average vote is and what the user voted in the past simultaneously. (or as suggested, the rating widget could just be three buttons, but I have no idea how that would be configured to display a rating of 2.45 stars, for example)

I think that might actually be the easier bit,

Once this is done, in-game session logic needs to be written, a log-in form needs to be written, and the control above put in place. There's no real rush on this, but it's definitely a push in the right direction towards further online interaction.

The log in form might be the main issue, esp. making it robust.

Hasn't someone on irc actually said that he would do the log-in part?

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby Auria » 09 Jun 2012, 01:48

For creating the control in irrlicht, I suggest just creating 3 bitmap buttons, and then set the icon of each from a set of 3 : empty star, full star, half-star. IMO there is just no use in being more accurate than half-stars
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby sj04736 » 13 Jun 2012, 00:04

Changing your vote via the online interface is now possible. Thanks for your patience.
Stephen

sj04736

Postby Auria » 13 Jun 2012, 00:39

sj04736 {l Wrote}:Changing your vote via the online interface is now possible. Thanks for your patience.

thanks Stephen, nice work
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby ctdabomb » 02 Jul 2012, 16:43

maybe there should be a thing like "featured" except for tracks that are from old versions of the game. 6 of the 10 featured tracks are from old versions, and 11 of the 26 tracks are also.
ctdabomb

Postby ctdabomb » 01 Nov 2012, 20:02

bump.
my idea for 0.8?
ctdabomb

Postby Auria » 02 Nov 2012, 01:17

I do not have time to myself upload tracks from older version. However you are certainly free to do so, and as the number of add-ons increases then probably we will indeed need to start categorizing them
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby samuncle » 02 Nov 2012, 13:22

Yes and a better interface. It's confusing for the moment.
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby Hero » 02 Nov 2012, 14:11

If we are categorizing them there should be a group called "uncategorised" to contain all. Some of the time things don't pop up in the right category and this could cause less downloads.
Keep your mouth closed while chewing your food! That's ALL I hear.

For more game forums go to opengameforums.zxq.net and register today!
Hero

Postby GunChleoc » 26 Jan 2013, 16:12

I have just finished the Scottish Gaelic (gd) translation for stkaddons. Could somebody add it please?

I don't know whre you get the flags from, the Scottish flag is blue with a white diagonal cross.
GunChleoc

Postby sj04736 » 26 Jan 2013, 21:17

I have just updated all of the translations. Thank you for translating!
Stephen

sj04736

Postby GunChleoc » 27 Jan 2013, 21:22

Thanks!

Could you please update again, as I have done some tweaks?

I also noticed that some strings are not translated.

News:

Newest add-on kart: %s
Newest add-on arena: %s
Newest add-on track: %s
Latest post on stkblog.net: %s

Download pages:

%s Votes
%s Votes

(set these two up as one definition with gettext plural please; they are the same string)

Footer:

Site hosted by %s
GunChleoc

Postby bebelious » 11 Feb 2013, 13:43

Thank you for adding small changes to the css menu item , that's more like it :)
bebelious

Postby asciimonster » 11 Feb 2013, 14:31

sj04736 {l Wrote}:I have just updated all of the translations. Thank you for translating!

Could somebody explain what "Marked" means in e.g.: "Marked game versions in which this add-on is included.". Is "marked" used as:
- The versions that are marked (with a tick)...
- The versions that look different...
- The version that are special... (the first ones of a new series?)

Also: "Apache Rewrites"
Is Apache being rewritten or is something written to Apache again? Or the number of retries Apache has done in order to write something?

It's really hard for a non-native speaker to understand this kind of English.
asciimonster

Postby GunChleoc » 11 Feb 2013, 15:02

I recomment you leave Apache Rewrites in English, because that's a webserver programming thing http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mo ... write.html
GunChleoc

Postby sj04736 » 11 Feb 2013, 17:54

Could somebody explain what "Marked" means in e.g.: "Marked game versions in which this add-on is included.". Is "marked" used as:
- The versions that are marked (with a tick)...
- The versions that look different...
- The version that are special... (the first ones of a new series?)

Also: "Apache Rewrites"
Is Apache being rewritten or is something written to Apache again? Or the number of retries Apache has done in order to write something?

I agree that the first string, "marked game versions..." is somewhat vague. The intent is to display a status message that the information about whether or not this addon is included in any versions of the game has been saved. (Example, Minigolf has been included from version x until latest svn)

As for Apache rewrite, yes, this is a technical term relating to Apache httpd (web server). This string also only appears in the administrative backend, so I think even if it was to be translated, it's not too important to do so.

For error messages, many projects don't even make those translatable, so I don't really see these as important to translate either. It doesn't really add to the user experience to do so, but for the sake of completeness, I try to at least include them in the list of strings.

If you have any suggestions for improved English strings, let me know. I'll update what is obviously bad and try not to break existing translations where possible.

Thanks
Stephen

sj04736