[MAP] Suspended: Post-1.4 Fixes

Re: [MAP] Suspended: Central Pillar & Some Light Fixes (v1.5

Postby greaserpirate » 01 Feb 2013, 01:42

I know this is cutting it really close, but I've done another update improving the central pillar (where the greenlit "door" used to be) and adding some lights. I also posted on the tracker but I'm not sure which is faster and which I should use for minor updates.

Friendship is Magic Voice Chat Mod
(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
Find out more about >DOOM< here: www.redoomclan.tk
greaserpirate

Postby qreeves » 01 Feb 2013, 01:55

greaserpirate {l Wrote}:I know this is cutting it really close, but I've done another update improving the central pillar (where the greenlit "door" used to be) and adding some lights. I also posted on the tracker but I'm not sure which is faster and which I should use for minor updates.

If you need us to do something, put it on the tracker. Then if someone, other than me, thinks it is okay, then they can do it for me rather than wait until I have the time to do it myself.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby greaserpirate » 01 Feb 2013, 02:20

qreeves {l Wrote}:If you need us to do something, put it on the tracker. Then if someone, other than me, thinks it is okay, then they can do it for me rather than wait until I have the time to do it myself.

Got it, thanks. I was just wondering if the tracker was reserved only for bugs and new features.

(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
greaserpirate

Postby qreeves » 01 Feb 2013, 02:45

greaserpirate {l Wrote}:
qreeves {l Wrote}:If you need us to do something, put it on the tracker. Then if someone, other than me, thinks it is okay, then they can do it for me rather than wait until I have the time to do it myself.

Got it, thanks. I was just wondering if the tracker was reserved only for bugs and new features.

It is for submissions/reviews by the team as well, I had to move more of the development process there to shed the load and keep things organised. As the community grows even larger, we have to adapt to the increasing volume of submissions and requests. I'm fortunate enough to have a supportive community behind me lending a hand.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby Evropi » 26 Feb 2013, 01:32

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the first time I walked across the pic related I didn't even notice the rocket and I thought it was an invisible bridge still!

By the way, I don't mean to offend when I say this, but did you take some inspiration from the lower level of the Halo 3 map Construct? From the moment I got to the lower-level (post-spawn) location, Halo 3 immediately popped into my mind after all these years (I spent over 150 hours playing that game, maybe more). I thought the greater part of suspended was modelled after that part, personally.
Attachments
zomgf.png
Oh, greaserpirate you big tease!
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby TheLastProject » 26 Feb 2013, 15:53

Evropi {l Wrote}:I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the first time I walked across the pic related I didn't even notice the rocket and I thought it was an invisible bridge still!

Fact: The rocket can be picked up, it's just really hard. I have succeeded in doing so myself.
Hats, Afros, wings and raptor feet. This game is showing progress indeed.
TheLastProject

Postby greaserpirate » 28 Feb 2013, 05:07

Evropi {l Wrote}:By the way, I don't mean to offend when I say this, but did you take some inspiration from the lower level of the Halo 3 map Construct? From the moment I got to the lower-level (post-spawn) location, Halo 3 immediately popped into my mind after all these years (I spent over 150 hours playing that game, maybe more). I thought the greater part of suspended was modelled after that part, personally.

I didn't necessarily have Construct in mind when making it, but it's fair to say I took quite a bit of inspiration from Halo, at least when I was thinking of the general layout and envorinment.

(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
greaserpirate

Postby greaserpirate » 14 Apr 2013, 22:52

I decided this map was missing something in terms of visuals. When compared to the other maps in the trailer, it just seemed like it was lacking something.
So, I've made several changes:
-changed lights on upper sides of bases
-Now lit from below (soft lights)
-Changes to middle lower area
-SG said you could hide out at some semi-secret spots I originally wanted to make teleporters for, and it could be annoying in survivor; so I added teleporters there.
-added subtle lens flares
-glass now reflects

Download in first post.

(Map) Trespass
(Map) Suspended
greaserpirate