Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Icy » 06 Dec 2012, 01:58

My name is Gabriel, but my in-game name is Icy. My in-game name is Icy because I always play with Mr. Ice Block (in 0.7 I installed the "Mr. Ice Block" add-on :P)
I always discover a shortcut on a add-on track. The best one is the mega-shortcut on "Super Tux Canyon", which I'm not going to teach you guys how to do it >:D
By the way, I'm brazilian. Sorry for the bad english.
Icy

Postby astyanax » 12 Dec 2012, 22:58

I'm not used to (or greatly fond of) introduction threads, so I'll just dump these links concerning myself:
- Project Xenocide profile
- Another open source project that bit the dust, folks!
- Stack Exchange profile
astyanax

Postby jedilamma » 15 Dec 2012, 05:57

I am JL, long time video gamer, keen to join up with the open dungeosn group,

fortes include , ai , fsm, visual effects , asset integration

dont like engine coding or deep algorythms, they make my brain hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwOYOSzQNSQ

got a bach in interactive entertainment few years ago, wouldnt mind using it :P
jedilamma

Postby Skorpio » 15 Dec 2012, 13:26

Welcome aboard Jedilamma! Please feel free to join the discussion about a merger with Summoning Wars or Lips of Suna. viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3879
Skorpio
OD Moderator

My Presentation

Postby LelixSuper » 18 Dec 2012, 19:18

Hello everyone :D
I am Italian and I'm 13 years old, I like to read and play video games, I like video games especially free / opensource and indie. I have a youtube channel, but there are only video in Italian.
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LelixSuperHD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm Italian and I love my country
My Channel Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LelixSuperHD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LelixSuper

Postby rujasu » 20 Dec 2012, 03:40

Hi, I'm rujasu. I live in the US, run Debian GNU/Linux, and have been one of the main developers on the Hero of Allacrost project for several years.
rujasu

Postby kosmi » 25 Dec 2012, 15:58

Hi, kosmi from Serbia, Debian user.
kosmi

Postby Listic » 26 Dec 2012, 01:07

I'm Listic.

I'm an aspiring game developer from Russia. I am interested in the idea of notgames and novel forms of human-human and human-machine interaction.
Listic

Postby Zabin » 26 Dec 2012, 21:42

Hi I'm Zabin,

I've always enjoyed opensource games because I grew up in a poor family and these are the only games I can afford to play! LOL! I've played Skyrim but to be honest I like simple 2d games like Final Fantasy and Zelda 100X more then the 3d head-ache inducing games. I played through Skyrim and the memories I got from it are (jumping off ridiculous cliffs and surviving the fall!) the story sucked or at least didn't seem very interesting to me.

Right now I'm tinkering with creating my own world with this old Online RPG. http://duskrpg.blogspot.com/
Zabin

Postby Survival » 28 Dec 2012, 22:47

Hello there. I'm Survival, an internet/supertuxkart user anonymous. I've really just joined because of some problems I've been having with the game, though I guess it'd be nice to be informed regularly about it as well.
Survival

Postby mongrol » 01 Jan 2013, 03:47

Hi all, My name is Mongrol (chumpspace://Steven Hamilton). My 3 year long love affair with C++ (the first and only C++ program I've ever written) is www.tractionedge.org. A steampunk turn based strategy which I've just recently ceased/paused development on in order to have some fun with Love2d and Lua instead. I'm also a Buddhist and Free Software activist.
mongrol

Postby .Luke » 04 Jan 2013, 06:35

Hello! I'm John, and I've been a huge lover of open-source games and software for years now. I'm not actively involved in game projects here yet, but who knows? Maybe I'll contribute maps or art to SuperTuxKart some day. =P In the meantime I'd like to already have my account here for being involved in discussions, and asking questions whenever I have them on my mind. ^^
.Luke

Postby Gloomshroud » 04 Jan 2013, 12:56

Hello, I'm Brandon from the USA.

I am an "old guy," being 29 and am new to game development. I have some programming experience, though my information is largely forgotten and outdated. I am hoping to get back on the horse, however, and revitalize my career!

OpenSource and freedom-based software has been attractive to me and I have highly enjoyed many applications developed within the ideology behind them. It's time I began to give back to the community that has been so good to me over the years.
Gloomshroud

A Strange Person Has Joined Your Forums...

Postby DreamBliss » 06 Jan 2013, 12:28

I ran across this place before and considered joining. Trouble is I'm signed up at a lot of forums and there is only one of me. Unless I decide to clone a dozen or so of myself...

I have beliefs that some may find offensive or out-there. I say strange things like, "I do this" and "I have that" when, if you were to teleport into my room, you may not see whatever it is that I said I had or am doing or whatever. That's all part of my belief system. I'm reprogramming myself to say, "I Am" or "I Have" instead of, "I Want" or "I Will" or worst of all, "I Don't Want." So now I will tell you a little about why I'm here...

I'm currently learning how to map and model for Sandbox, based off the Cube 2 engine. As such I am also messing around with Cube 2 and Red Eclipse. I'm here in part to post some questions to the Red Eclipse community to get some answers hopefully far quicker than I would in the Sandbox community. Can't stand the Cube 2 forums so I'm staying away from there.

I am also here because I Am developing my own GCS. It has been on my mind for quite a long time. I Am also developing a program for Cube 2 based games that allows easier sharing/loading of maps, textures and models.

I Am also a programmer and have mastered C#. Taking classes on the subject right now, hitting the books hard.

For all these I Am statements the stuff I am doing is what I call "manifesting the reality." This ties back to my beliefs. You tell yourself you suck at mapping, and 9 times out of 10 your maps are awful. You tell yourself, believe it with no doubt, and feel it, that you are an awesome mapper, even if you have never created a map before, then 9 times out of 10 your maps will be awesome. What we say about ourselves, what we believe about what others say of us, all of this becomes our identity, becomes our reality. When this is negative we create a negative reality for ourselves. When this is positive we create a positive reality.

So that's what's going on with this I Am statements I made. These are the realities I am manifesting for myself. Everything starts as energy. The idea of Red Eclipse existed before any lines of code were written. The idea of a car existed before you found them on the road. The idea of spacecraft existed before we walked on the moon. Ideas, thoughts - these are all energy. Everything I have stated is real, but it is in an energetic state, and therefore can not be interacted with in any way in the physical state. Manifesting is the process of bringing something energetic down to the physical. From a higher vibrational state to a lower one.

Anyhow that probably told you more than you wanted to know about me. Gave you an idea of who I am, what I am like. If you want to create a particular reality for yourself you now have the information you need to get started. But remember, you need to believe that what you create is real, despite all "evidence" to the contrary. You also need to feel as you would if this reality had already manifesting. If you are sick remember feeling healthy and strong, see yourself healthy and strong, imagine and feel what you would feel having fully recovered. Finally take physical action towards what you want. It does me no good to say I master C# and then never read a book, take a course or write a line of code. Doesn't work that way. You have to take the needed actions in the direction of the reality you want to create to the best of your ability. If there's a hot girl you want to ask out imagine the two of you out on your date, having fun. Imagine what it feels like to hold her hand, hold her close. No funny business! Be respectful. Create the reality you want in this way, then get off your arse and go ask her out! If she says no do not feel rejected! That's the other side of this.

Some realities we want are not the best ones for us at the moment. Every no, every block, every hint of resistance - these are all signposts on the road. Could be the girl is not the right one for you. So don't cuss and swear that it didn't work. Instead be less specific. Imagine yourself with a girl - same scenario. Then be friendly to every girl you meet, and go out of your way to say hi. Be yourself, and sooner or later one of them will say yes, and while the scenario you imagine may not play out exactly, the intention behind it will be answered - in this case having someone to be with. So broad strokes! Create the template, but keep it broad, a simple sketch. Let the universe, or God, or the Source - whatever you believe in - fill in the details.

OK, I'm off to post my Red Eclipse question now -
- DreamBliss
State what you want for your reality,
But let the universe fill in the details.

My Forums
http://spiritualexplorers.zymichost.com/index.php
DreamBliss

Re: A Strange Person Has Joined Your Forums...

Postby charlie » 06 Jan 2013, 21:57

DreamBliss {l Wrote}:I have beliefs that some may find ... out-there.

Like believing in writing massive introductions? :D
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby S@f » 06 Jan 2013, 23:03

I'm new :D

I like very much playing SuperTux Kart.

That's all.
S@f

Postby ribbles » 09 Jan 2013, 18:57

Hi I have some questions about super tux cart that is why i registered here. thanks
ribbles

Postby hornirl » 12 Jan 2013, 16:58

Hi all- interested in hex Strategy and Tactics (war) games- graphics (mods), map making, combat algorithms.
hornirl

Postby Buch » 15 Jan 2013, 14:39

Hi there! Here's Buch from Italy.
I've been around game programming for some years now but never making a real complete game - up to now. So why not to try doing something?
Buch

Postby mrfrisky330 » 18 Jan 2013, 09:38

Bonjour,

I am interested in modifying STK to see what differences I can make to the karts handling :)
mrfrisky330

Postby FryingHigh » 21 Jan 2013, 00:56

Hello, i'm a fellow gamer that likes to see what interesting projects people come up with in their spare time :)
FryingHigh

Postby Takendown » 22 Jan 2013, 18:24

Hi!

I'm Takendown, a VGM (Video Game Music) composer. I've released an FTD album based of recreation of music from a game called Spiral Knights: Remixed! Hopefully, I want to be able to get involved in creating music for SuperTuxKart! :)
Takendown

Postby LadyQueen » 25 Jan 2013, 14:40

Hello guys, I'm LadyQueen and nice to meet/read you all.
I've decided finally to become part of this community, curious about open source and curious about the Cube2 engine. It's almost one little yeart that I've changed my habit, liking more and morer the open source way of thinking and living.
So, even if I'm not a coder (but I've basis to "read" and understand basic codes of Visual Basic, Turbo Pascal, C++ etc.) I am an artist and a graphic designer, interested in the understanding of the 3D world as evolution of the 2D graphic.
Because of my husband, who loves nerdy FPS, I was initiated to Sauerbraten. Actually I'm not an Ace, but I liked very much, from a personal and professional point of view.
So, I've discovered Red Eclipse.
I'm here to help myself to understand, because I like learning, with the right time, and "evolving" myself, and I sincerely hope to reciprocate the favour, once I've learned enough to share my contribute with you all.
First, I've to learn and read a lot, in particular wikies.
I would like to develop a "mini" game as a mod for Red Eclipse, something like a custom and personal remake of Bullfrog's Syndicate, in a FPS key.
I think that concentrating in this project I could become familiar with scripting and C++ (<-in particular).
I know that "ideas" are free, but I like to try to make some of them "real", through wise, humble and good sensed steps, from smaller to the bigger, with no hurry.
So, here I am.

Warm regards from Italy :heart:

Dana
Sanity is found at the centre of convulsion, where madness is scorched form the bisected soul.
LadyQueen

Postby Evropi » 25 Jan 2013, 21:28

Hi! It's great to see 'lurkers' coming out of the shadows.

As for modding Red Eclipse... I'd suggest you join RE's IRC channel on the channel #redeclipse on irc.freenode.net (web link). Eihrul (Cube 2 maintainer) and Quin (creator of RE) are the go-to people for that.

Also, wow, people still remember VB and Turbo Pascal?! The latter (popularly known as Delphi) is all but dead, the former on its way out (good thing, it's a lousy language and it's also effectively Microsoft-only).
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby E-Dragon » 31 Jan 2013, 20:58

Hallo, :D
I´m E-Dragon just some German dude following STK, I really like this game, because with some skills that game can be very interresting, so this game is exactly what I wanted. Great Work.
E-Dragon