Bug: meandmyshadow.desktop should not have execution right

Bug: meandmyshadow.desktop should not have execution right

Postby Yann » 28 Dec 2012, 11:41

Hi!

meandmyshadow.desktop has the execution permission which it doesn't need. Can you fix it please?

Thanks in advance

Yann
Yann

Re: Bug: meandmyshadow.desktop should not have execution rig

Postby Edward_Lii » 28 Dec 2012, 13:29

Hello yann,

yann {l Wrote}:meandmyshadow.desktop has the execution permission which it doesn't need. Can you fix it please?

Thanks for pointing this out, I will fix it ASAP.

The strange thing is that KDE will mark the file executable after launching the .desktop file once. :think:
If the file isn't executable it will show an emblem next to the icon and show a popup asking if I want to continue or cancel the execution of meandmyshadow.
So I assume KDE uses the executable mode on the .desktop file to determine if it has been ran before.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Re: Bug: meandmyshadow.desktop should not have execution rig

Postby Yann » 28 Dec 2012, 15:53

Hello Edward_Lii,

Edward_Lii {l Wrote}:So I assume KDE uses the executable mode on the .desktop file to determine if it has been ran before.

Yes, I think so, the same happen for me too in GNOME. In fact it's a Debian Developer reviewing my package who told me that the executable bit should be disabled. I verified in the /usr/share/application/ directory and all the .desktop files are not executable but the system doesn't ask us if we really want to launch them. I guess the system is confident in the .desktop files present in some system directories and ask us when we try to launch a .desktop file from another directory.

Thanks for being so reactive to my bug reports ;-)
Yann